Windows 10: Unable to install program using Powershell

Discus and support Unable to install program using Powershell in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Im running a windows docker container and I want to install it some programs but I cant download any, [ATTACH] I also tried to install chocolatey... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mehdi Didi, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Unable to install program using Powershell

Im running a windows docker container and I want to install it some programs but I cant download any,

Unable to install program using Powershell b68d4e5d-fe64-49db-bf78-39ceaa7538b3?upload=true.png

I also tried to install chocolatey with powershell but t doesnt work

Unable to install program using Powershell 0c0fe870-a2ea-443a-849d-75fb2e410f78?upload=true.png

Ive also tried to download the ;Numpkg file and install it manually but it doesnt work neither

Unable to install program using Powershell dc1c819f-d283-4d38-af85-b348327a6615?upload=true.png

Unable to install program using Powershell d9fa371d-c468-4bc5-9d70-ffa275f1dccf?upload=true.png

It seems like it doesnt conenct to internet at all can someone help me to solve this issue I need to install some services on this machine

Ive tried this solutuon to use TLS 1.2 but it didint help

[Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12

:)

Mehdi Didi, Mar 15, 2020

2. Error: 'msflxgrd.ocx missing' while installing program on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue might be due to corrupt/missing installation files of the program. Please provide the below information to understand the issue in a better way.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. How are you installing the program?
    3. Which program you are trying to install?

Since you have already tried some steps to resolve the issue, but you were unable to fix it. Please let me know the steps which you have tried, so that I will not provide the same suggestions again.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Retrieve and Install Sticky Notes via PowerShell

Hi Matty,

Reinstalling an application via PowerShell needs an administrator access to continue. If you have administrator access, you can follow the steps below to install Sticky Notes using PowerShell:

• Open PowerShell with admin rights. To do so, type Windows
      PowerShell in the search box to see PowerShell in results, right-click on PowerShell, and then click
      Run as administrator option.
    • In the PowerShell prompt, type the following command and press the Enter key:

Get-Appxpackage –Allusers

Scroll down and locate the entry of the app that you want to reinstall and copy the package name. Since you are looking for the Sticky Notes app, locate the Sticky Notes entry, and then copy the package name of Sticky Notes.
    • Now, you will need to execute the following command to add the app:

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PackageFullName\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

Replace PackageFullName term in the above command with the copied PackageFullName information from step 2.

If you do not have an administrator access to your computer, we suggest that you contact your IT admin to be able to install Sticky Notes via PowerShell.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Unable to install program using Powershell

Unable to install programs

Hi,

I can understand that must make you feel upset and we will work toward fixing this situation for you.

Just to clarify, is the issue specific to a particular program?

In order to identify if this a compatibility related issue, I suggest you to try installing the program in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right-click on the setup file of the program and select "Properties".

2. Select "Compatibility" Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select Windows 8
    from the drop down list.

4. Let the program install and then check the functionality.

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Unable to install program using Powershell

1. Unable to install program using Powershell - Similar Threads - Unable install program

2. unABLE TO install program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unABLE TO install program: Hello,I am trying to install turbo tax to my laptop but get a message that Activation failed. I've already tried turning off all options off of the reputation-based protection settings but its not working. Help please!...
  3. Unable to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Install Programs: I tried installing program but each one told me that it was unable to 'create temp folder.' I turned off Windows virus detection but it didn't help. At first I thought it was just the one program but after trying the second one the same thing occured. Any ideas? James...
  4. Unable to install modules and powershell ISE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install modules and powershell ISE: hello, Any one can you help me on above issue. unable to install powershell ise before that uninstall powewrshell ise, powershell not avialble in optional feature also... From another post: This is suman bandi i am not able to install module and powershell ise for...
  5. Unable to start powershell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to start powershell: I am on my hp laptop and when I open powershell it says error 0x0000142: unable to start powershell. I have executed sfc/ SCANNOW but nothing solved it. How can I open powershell now?...
  6. Unable to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Install Programs: Hi everyone, so I've been having this problem for a while now where I try to install a program, in this case GeForce Experience, and I get an error message stating "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter...
  7. Unable to install or uninstall programs.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to install or uninstall programs.: Hi, i did something stupid and changed the ownership and permissions of the folder "C:\Windows" and now some programs don't work and I'm unable to install or uninstall programs. I tried the installer troubleshooter and it did not work. Also i tried resetting the permissions...
  8. Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell: While using the command I get this: [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/unable-to-use-get-appxpackage-command-in/215276a3-d0dc-4673-99f0-c8102ddee597
  9. unable to install programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to install programs: For some reason with the new windows 10 update, I cannot install programs anymore, that is making use of the Windows Restore option. I have System restore disabled through this: How to Enable System Restore in Windows 10 Since I need that for Rollback. But now that...
  10. Help selecting multiple files & passing to a program. Use Powershell?

in Windows 10 Support
    Help selecting multiple files & passing to a program. Use Powershell?: I have some code written that works on text files. It can work on multiple files. Something like this: myprogram.exe myfile1.txt myfile2.txt myfile3.txt I want to have a Windows interface so I can run my code as described. I have a solution! Problem is that on 2...