Windows 10: Unable to install programs where I want

Discus and support Unable to install programs where I want in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a real issue with my computer and a crash of Windows 10. I had to redo my system because of it. Now I have an even more annoying issuer. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dragun50, Mar 17, 2019.

1. dragun50 Win User

Unable to install programs where I want

I had a real issue with my computer and a crash of Windows 10.

I had to redo my system because of it. Now I have an even more annoying issuer.

I am unable to install certain program where I would like to have them. I have tried to just use my C drive for the operating system ands another drive fore the programs.

This has always worked great for me, that is until now. There are a number of programs, that if I change the drive letter to where I want to install it, all that happens is it stop responding.

Can anyone explain to me what I need to do to be able to install the programs where I would like them, or do I need to redo the computer again and hope for the best?

Thanks

:)

dragun50, Mar 17, 2019

2. Error: 'msflxgrd.ocx missing' while installing program on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue might be due to corrupt/missing installation files of the program. Please provide the below information to understand the issue in a better way.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. How are you installing the program?
    3. Which program you are trying to install?

Since you have already tried some steps to resolve the issue, but you were unable to fix it. Please let me know the steps which you have tried, so that I will not provide the same suggestions again.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Unable to install programs

Hi,

I can understand that must make you feel upset and we will work toward fixing this situation for you.

Just to clarify, is the issue specific to a particular program?

In order to identify if this a compatibility related issue, I suggest you to try installing the program in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right-click on the setup file of the program and select "Properties".

2. Select "Compatibility" Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select Windows 8
    from the drop down list.

4. Let the program install and then check the functionality.

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 17, 2019
  4. Unable to install programs where I want

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

Unable to install programs where I want

1. Unable to install programs where I want - Similar Threads - Unable install programs

2. Where to programs install their data?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where to programs install their data?: Hi,My OEM windows 11 OS failed due to trying to remove Avira and attempting to do a system restore while also plugging in a touch screen tablet port - it I think created an odd set of situations that activated bitlocker on the Asus A17 Tuf Gaming laptop. Long story short I...
  3. Where to programs install their data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to programs install their data?: Hi,My OEM windows 11 OS failed due to trying to remove Avira and attempting to do a system restore while also plugging in a touch screen tablet port - it I think created an odd set of situations that activated bitlocker on the Asus A17 Tuf Gaming laptop. Long story short I...
  4. Where to programs install their data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I want install program but it is unable downloaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want install program but it is unable downloaded: Hello I want install program but it's unable install Pls help me...Windows 11 Home version : 21H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-install-program-but-it-is-unable-downloaded/8427e46b-0d42-4773-8c6b-9fc8416e0e1b
  6. I want install program but it is unable downloaded

I want install program but it is unable downloaded: Hello I want install program but it's unable install Pls help me...Windows 11 Home version : 21H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-install-program-but-it-is-unable-downloaded/8427e46b-0d42-4773-8c6b-9fc8416e0e1b
  7. unABLE TO install program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unABLE TO install program: Hello,I am trying to install turbo tax to my laptop but get a message that Activation failed. I've already tried turning off all options off of the reputation-based protection settings but its not working. Help please!...
  8. Where to install Programs and Apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where to install Programs and Apps: When doing a "Clean Install" of Windows 10 am I better off installing Apps on the System Drive or on my Data Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-install-programs-and-apps/004d8da0-e68e-427e-b111-93dd046ceadb
  9. Unable to Install Programs

Unable to Install Programs: Hi everyone, so I've been having this problem for a while now where I try to install a program, in this case GeForce Experience, and I get an error message stating "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter...
  10. unable to install programs

unable to install programs: For some reason with the new windows 10 update, I cannot install programs anymore, that is making use of the Windows Restore option. I have System restore disabled through this: How to Enable System Restore in Windows 10 Since I need that for Rollback. But now that...