Windows 10: Unable to Install Programs

Discus and support Unable to Install Programs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried installing program but each one told me that it was unable to 'create temp folder.' I turned off Windows virus detection but it didn't help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesJoey, Apr 20, 2021.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Unable to Install Programs

I tried installing program but each one told me that it was unable to 'create temp folder.'

I turned off Windows virus detection but it didn't help.

At first I thought it was just the one program but after trying the second one the same thing occured.

Any ideas?

James

:)

JamesJoey, Apr 20, 2021

2. Error: 'msflxgrd.ocx missing' while installing program on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue might be due to corrupt/missing installation files of the program. Please provide the below information to understand the issue in a better way.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. How are you installing the program?
    3. Which program you are trying to install?

Since you have already tried some steps to resolve the issue, but you were unable to fix it. Please let me know the steps which you have tried, so that I will not provide the same suggestions again.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Unable to install programs

Hi,

I can understand that must make you feel upset and we will work toward fixing this situation for you.

Just to clarify, is the issue specific to a particular program?

In order to identify if this a compatibility related issue, I suggest you to try installing the program in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right-click on the setup file of the program and select "Properties".

2. Select "Compatibility" Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select Windows 8
    from the drop down list.

4. Let the program install and then check the functionality.

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Unable to Install Programs

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Unable to Install Programs

1. Unable to Install Programs - Similar Threads - Unable Install Programs

2. Unable to install any new programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install any new programs: Hey there, I've been trying to help my aunt with her laptop as she's been having some issues lately. I went to try and update some drivers but whenever I try to install any new program I get this error "the instruction at 0x0000000077351EBA referenced at 0x0000000077351EBA....
  3. Unable to install any new programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install any new programs: Hey there, I've been trying to help my aunt with her laptop as she's been having some issues lately. I went to try and update some drivers but whenever I try to install any new program I get this error "the instruction at 0x0000000077351EBA referenced at 0x0000000077351EBA....
  4. Unable to Install programs on my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Install programs on my laptop: Have just got a new laptop and have had problems with installing programs on it.I have a program that I use to connect to my work PC from home, but whenever I try to install the program the PC keeps sending me to Microsoft Store.I did some digging on Google for info on how to...
  5. unABLE TO install program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unABLE TO install program: Hello,I am trying to install turbo tax to my laptop but get a message that Activation failed. I've already tried turning off all options off of the reputation-based protection settings but its not working. Help please!...
  6. Unable to Install Programs

Unable to Install Programs: Hi everyone, so I've been having this problem for a while now where I try to install a program, in this case GeForce Experience, and I get an error message stating "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter...
  7. Unable to install or uninstall programs.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to install or uninstall programs.: Hi, i did something stupid and changed the ownership and permissions of the folder "C:\Windows" and now some programs don't work and I'm unable to install or uninstall programs. I tried the installer troubleshooter and it did not work. Also i tried resetting the permissions...
  8. After installing programs, unable to execute.

After installing programs, unable to execute.: Since the last patch set Installed last week, if I install a program, Duplicate Cleaner Pro, for example, I am unable to execute the program if it installs to the default location under WindowsApps. I get an error re: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file....
  9. Unable to install program using Powershell

Unable to install program using Powershell: Im running a windows docker container and I want to install it some programs but I cant download any, [ATTACH] I also tried to install chocolatey with powershell but t doesnt work [ATTACH] Ive also tried to download the ;Numpkg file and install it manually but it...
  10. unable to install programs

unable to install programs: For some reason with the new windows 10 update, I cannot install programs anymore, that is making use of the Windows Restore option. I have System restore disabled through this: How to Enable System Restore in Windows 10 Since I need that for Rollback. But now that...