Windows 10: Unable to install purchased Minecraft game. Can't find device.

Discus and support Unable to install purchased Minecraft game. Can't find device. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I purchased the PC version of the Minecraft game for my son. I created a family account on my PC and was able to locate my PC under My Devices,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by amybeaumier, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Unable to install purchased Minecraft game. Can't find device.

I purchased the PC version of the Minecraft game for my son.

I created a family account on my PC and was able to locate my PC under My Devices, however, Minecraft install is not finding my device. The message when I select 'Install on my Device' is: "It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account."

I've reset the Microsoft Store cache, restarted the PC, and now I'm stuck. Please advise.

Thanks,

Amy

:)

amybeaumier, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to install Minecraft

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• When you say, “when I click "Install/Play" nothing happens” which Install/play button are you referring?
    • From where did you purchase Minecraft Starter Edition?
    • For which platform have you purchased the game i.e. for Windows 10 or Xbox?

If you have purchased the game from Microsoft Store for Windows 10, you can download the game from Microsoft Store. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + S, and type
      Microsoft Store
    2. Double click on the Store Icon to open it.
    3. Sign in with the same Microsoft account through which you have made the purchase.
    4. Click on Search bar on the top right corner and search for
      Minecraft Starter Edition.
    5. Click on Install button to install the game. Once the game is installed, you will find the option to launch it. Click on
      Launch to launch the game.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Minecraft Got Deleted After Clean Installating Windows 10 And Again Minecraft Purchased.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I think you did a Clean Installation of Windows 10 and Clean Installation will delete all your applications; games; and your user data such as music files, video files, pictures, documents, etc.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. From where did you purchase the Minecraft game?
    2. Have you already installed Minecraft on your Windows 10 computer?

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Oculus, then I suggest you to
    Contact the Oculus Support Team
    and they will help you with this.

Please feel free to contact us back, in case you have any other questions/issues with Windows in future.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Unable to install purchased Minecraft game. Can't find device.

Minecraft: "Install this game on up to ten Windows 10 devices."

Hi,

Issues with downloading the Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition may occur if you are logged in to a different account. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check your purchase history on the

Microsoft Billing page
    if the Minecraft is on the list. You can also check it on the Windows Store if it is listed under
    Games in My Library. If the game is on the list, you have to use your Microsoft account to sign in on the PC instead of the local account. To add your Microsoft Account, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Start and click on the Settings icon.
    • Go to Accounts and click Email & App accounts.
    • Click on Add an account and add the Microsoft Account that you used to purchase the game.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

After restarting your PC, reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Launch the Windows Store and open the game library. If you see Minecraft on the list, look for the download icon
    Unable to install purchased Minecraft game. Can't find device. f854e709-6c8e-476a-8bfb-788f91c34b17.png
    at
    the right side of the page and click it to download the game.

Note You can play with up to 10 friends cross-platform in worlds that exist anytime, anywhere. Try a free 30-day trial in-app and learn more at
    http://minecraft.net/realms.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.  

Loraine Mon, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Unable to install purchased Minecraft game. Can't find device.

1. Unable to install purchased Minecraft game. Can't find device. - Similar Threads - Unable install purchased

2. Minecraft Purchase and devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Purchase and devices.: So, I have a friend who I want to play Minecraft with and she said she purchased the game on her sister's APPLE account before she had her own-windows acc. But now she has her own account on her windows device but don't know how to get it from her sister's apple account to...
  3. Minecraft Purchase and devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Purchase and devices.: So, I have a friend who I want to play Minecraft with and she said she purchased the game on her sister's APPLE account before she had her own-windows acc. But now she has her own account on her windows device but don't know how to get it from her sister's apple account to...
  4. Unable to install Minecraft bedrock after purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Minecraft bedrock after purchase: I purchased Minecraft Bedrock for my son but cannot install it.I used my Microsoft account but he is in my Microsoft family.We added his device to his account but it doesn’t appear on the device list in order for us to install it.Any other suggestions?...
  5. Purchased Minecraft Windows PC can't install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchased Minecraft Windows PC can't install: Hello, I just purchased Microsoft Minecraft for Windows. I used my Gmail account in the Microsoft store and it will not allow to install. A window pop up tells me I have no devices registered in my microsoft store. When I try to register the PC in my account settings it...
  6. Purchased Minecraft on another device but unable to download it on another device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased Minecraft on another device but unable to download it on another device.: Hi everyone, I purchased Minecraft Window 10 on my brothers PC using my Microsoft account and I would like to download Minecraft on my laptop but when I go to download I have to buy it again. Is there anyway where I can download it on my laptop or will I have to buy it again?...
  7. Unable to install game purchased or add device for the game or rest pin!!

Unable to install game purchased or add device for the game or rest pin!!: Can someone please help me! I have purchased a game from my microsoft account but I now need to add my sons device. I can't do this without adding my pin which I have forgotten and when I try to reset it on his device its not picking up my microsoft account on his laptop...
  8. Can't install purchased Minecraft on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install purchased Minecraft on Windows 10: Purchased Minecraft for Windows 10. Tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-windows-10-edition-wont-download/4ef719d8-80a0-40b1-b8d5-d02da38f53a5 including a fresh install of Windows but every time I tried to install Minecraft there...
  9. Unable to install Minecraft game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Minecraft game: So i bought a copy of minecraft, and I saw that people are getting help for it here since microsoft owns it now. This is my only option left since the dedicated microsoft support staff for the game are ignoring my tickets and requests. I bought the game and it wont give it to...
  10. Can't install purchased Minecraft software.

Can't install purchased Minecraft software.: I have 2 laptops and one XBox in My Devices. I purchased Minecraft and cannot install on the laptop I want it on. I can't see any way to download software. It only displays the one device (my Surface Pro) for automatic installing. How can I get the game on the other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. minecraft cant find device

2. minecraft i have pirchased but cannot install on my decice

3. cant install minecraft on my device

4. unable to install minecraft on device,
  5. Unable to install install Minecraft game. Cant find device.,
  6. minecraft starter edition cannot be installed on my devices