Windows 10: Unable to install Sandbox

Discus and support Unable to install Sandbox in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everybody, I've been trying to enable Sandbox feature on Windows 10 Pro 1909 for a while but keep failing. For some reason "Turn Windows Feature on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/avajkun, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Unable to install Sandbox

Hi everybody, I've been trying to enable Sandbox feature on Windows 10 Pro 1909 for a while but keep failing. For some reason "Turn Windows Feature on or off" is blank so I tried to install it using Command Promp. I used this code

Dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:"Containers-DisposableClientVM" -All

and the following message appeared:

Error 0x800f0831 Feature name Containers-DisposableClientVM is unkown. A windows feature name was not recognized. Use the /Get-Features option to find the name of the feature in the image and try the command again. The DISM log file can be found at C:/Windows/logs/DISM/dism.log

Do you have any idea about what should I do?

submitted by /u/avajkun
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/avajkun, Aug 9, 2020

2. Vmmem process will not be killed. Windows sandbox.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to stop the Windows Sandbox process.
    Please try disable and re-enable sandbox to check the issue.

1. Press Windows + R key, then type appwiz.cpl and click Ok.
    2. Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    3. Uncheck the box beside Windows Sandbox and click
      OK
    4. Restart the PC and check.

If the issue still persists then I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have experts and support
    professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Sandbox to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Fix for Sandbox

Microsoft has acknowledged this issue now:

Windows Sandbox may fail to start with error code “0x80070002”Windows Sandbox may fail to start with "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)" on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10, version 1903.

Affected platforms:
    • Client: Windows 10, version 1903

Next steps: We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late June.

hsehestedt, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Unable to install Sandbox

Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please be informed that our developer team is aware of the issues with Sandbox and is working on resolving it. We do not have an ETA as of now, however I encourage you to send a feedback to our developer team via
    Feedback hub. As a suggestion you can try disabling and enabling
    the sandbox to check if that works. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.
    Your patience and understanding will be appreciated in this matter.

Regards

Naresh_K, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Unable to install Sandbox

1. Unable to install Sandbox - Similar Threads - Unable install Sandbox

2. unable to sign in windows security form sandbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to sign in windows security form sandbox: I am unable to sign in to my account from Sandbox in Windows 10. A pop-up comes in that says Defender is not active. It asks for my e-mail and then authenticates it in Microsoft authenticator. It then asks for a one-time only password for Microsoft. When I enter the password,...
  3. Unable to show windows sandbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to show windows sandbox: I want to use sandbox, I have enabled it in the windows feature and enabled CPU virtualisation, restarted my computer, but I when I quick search for sandbox it is not there. I also have Windows Pro. Is there any way I can be assisted?Thanks...
  4. Unable to show windows sandbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to show windows sandbox: I want to use sandbox, I have enabled it in the windows feature and enabled CPU virtualisation, restarted my computer, but I when I quick search for sandbox it is not there. I also have Windows Pro. Is there any way I can be assisted?Thanks...
  5. Unable to show windows sandbox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows Sandbox - Unable to change or adjust system time on sandbox

Windows Sandbox - Unable to change or adjust system time on sandbox: Hello Everyone, I am new at using the built-in windows sandbox, so I am not sure whether sandbox is the correct tool. I am smoke testing a forecasting program that uses the system clock local time. When I change the date and time in the sandbox instance using either the...
  7. Unable to install visual C++ in Windows Sandbox

Unable to install visual C++ in Windows Sandbox: Hi! I'm trying to get the SonicWall global VPN client working in Sandbox. I'm getting an error when trying to install it which seems to be visual C++ redistributable related. If i try and install any of the visual C++ packages manually I get similar errors: An error...
  8. Installing Visio 2002 in Sandbox

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Installing Visio 2002 in Sandbox: Just an interesting observation: Visio 2002 is nominally not compatible with Windows 10 although I have been able to install it. The end result is problematic - doesn't work on my desktop system but does work on my laptop. While I've moved to Visio 2010 I thought I'd try 2002...
  9. Unable to install Sandbox in Build 1903

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to install Sandbox in Build 1903: I followed the steps shown here: Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition but the installation failed because it said it could not find sandbox.txt on my desktop. This was confusing because the downloaded ZIP file had no file of this name. It did have a file...
  10. Unable to install Sandbox in Build 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to install Sandbox in Build 1903: I followed the steps shown here: Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition but the installation failed because it said it could not find sandbox.txt on my desktop. This was confusing because the downloaded ZIP file had no file of this name. It did have a file...