Windows 10: Unable to install skype

Discus and support Unable to install skype in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; problem with the installation of skype... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PADMAVATHIKODANDAM, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Unable to install skype

problem with the installation of skype

:)

PADMAVATHIKODANDAM, Sep 16, 2018

2. skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Unable to Install Skype

I have a windows tab that I upgraded several months back from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I never used Skype since I bought the tab.

I tried using Skype today, on the Skype Video app which had been installed during the upgrade. I was unable to get my webcams running on the app. So I tried uninstalling the app and installing the desktop version of Skype.

I downloaded the Skypesetup.exe file from the Skype website. But once this file is run, the installation process continues endlessly with the green bar continuously running in the progress bar. I have a 100 MBPS connection, so the internet speed is definitely
    not the issue.

I also tried a compatibility troubleshoot as suggested on some forum, but that has also not helped.

GaneshNagarajan, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Unable to install skype

Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Unable to install skype

1. Unable to install skype - Similar Threads - Unable install skype

2. skype loads but is not installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    skype loads but is not installed: Upon restart, the skype application loads every time I restart the machine.I am using a MS Windows Surface BOok Pro Windows 10.I would like to uninstall skype but it does not show up in the apps or in the uninstall section.Thanks for any thoughts on this...
  3. skype loads but is not installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    skype loads but is not installed: Upon restart, the skype application loads every time I restart the machine.I am using a MS Windows Surface BOok Pro Windows 10.I would like to uninstall skype but it does not show up in the apps or in the uninstall section.Thanks for any thoughts on this...
  4. skype loads but is not installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to stop Skype Subscription

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to stop Skype Subscription: I am facing a very strange issue . I can see Skype is charging my Credit Card but I am unable to stop that subscription I have reported credit card dept as well but they are also not able to help Anybody having any idea ?...
  6. Unable to stop Skype Subscription

Unable to stop Skype Subscription: I am facing a very strange issue . I can see Skype is charging my Credit Card but I am unable to stop that subscription I have reported credit card dept as well but they are also not able to help Anybody having any idea ?...
  7. skype keeps installing

in Windows 10 Customization
    skype keeps installing: I have uninstalled skype probably 4 times and every time I boot up it is back. What is going on? How do I prevent it from installing without permission? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-keeps-installing/e620194e-e273-4655-a051-0bf6b7db4686
  8. Unable to disable Skype for business at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable Skype for business at startup: Unable to disable Skype for business at startup. Have : - turned off Tools - Options - Personal - Automatically start the app when I log on to Windows. - disabled Skype in Task Manager - Start-up. System details: - Windows 10, Version 1803, OS build 17134.285 -...
  9. Unable to sign in to Skype v 7.26.0.101

Unable to sign in to Skype v 7.26.0.101: Only change that has happened is the automatic update of the following: "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3176493)" along with the other usual patch Tuesday available updates: "Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1,...
  10. Skype unable to hear test call...?

Skype unable to hear test call...?: No expert at all and have used Skype a bit in the past but had a problem trying to get the old download going recently so had to install a fresh version of Skype, however not sure what I've forgotten but whilst the camera is ok I'm still unable to get the sound working or...