Windows 10: Unable to install some programs on a new Windows 10 install.

Discus and support Unable to install some programs on a new Windows 10 install. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently re-installed windows after a drive issue and was able to download a few programs but many come up with errors unable o install. this goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NeilNelson1, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Unable to install some programs on a new Windows 10 install.

I recently re-installed windows after a drive issue and was able to download a few programs but many come up with errors unable o install. this goes for exe files and zip files. most errors indicate a corrupted file. I have tried downloading the file from Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox and all get the same errors. The funny thing is that I can go to a second computer and download the installer to a flash drive and then install it on the pc that is having trouble. I have set the pc to developer mode and tried the tool from Microsoft to detect install/uninstall issues but it doesn't detect anything. I have also run a registry repair and still unable to run most applications unless I download them on another pc first, which is not sustainable to long term use. I also tried downloading a new install media and ran the install of windows after formatting a second time and still getting the same issue

:)

NeilNelson1, Feb 16, 2021
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Feb 16, 2021
  4. r.h.p Win User

Unable to install some programs on a new Windows 10 install.

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Unable to install some programs on a new Windows 10 install.

1. Unable to install some programs on a new Windows 10 install. - Similar Threads - Unable install programs

2. Unable to install any new programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install any new programs: Hey there, I've been trying to help my aunt with her laptop as she's been having some issues lately. I went to try and update some drivers but whenever I try to install any new program I get this error "the instruction at 0x0000000077351EBA referenced at 0x0000000077351EBA....
  3. Unable to install any new programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install any new programs: Hey there, I've been trying to help my aunt with her laptop as she's been having some issues lately. I went to try and update some drivers but whenever I try to install any new program I get this error "the instruction at 0x0000000077351EBA referenced at 0x0000000077351EBA....
  4. Unable to install any new programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Install Programs: I tried installing program but each one told me that it was unable to 'create temp folder.' I turned off Windows virus detection but it didn't help. At first I thought it was just the one program but after trying the second one the same thing occured. Any ideas? James...
  6. Cannot install some programs windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install some programs windows 10: Hello, I have recently reinstalled windows 10 on the device to clean it out completely, and ever since I couldn't install some programs. The programs I cannot install are the Zoom desktop app and Visual studio community 2019. The error I encounter is the same with both...
  7. Unable to Install Programs

Unable to Install Programs: Hi everyone, so I've been having this problem for a while now where I try to install a program, in this case GeForce Experience, and I get an error message stating "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter...
  8. Unable to install some programs on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install some programs on Windows 10 PC: I have problems with installation of MS Visual C++ and some other programms. It is an old PC with little memory. I also have a lot more problems with my Windows 10, for example it stopped updating. When I try to troubleshoot or clean it, I get error codes 0x80010105 or...
  9. Unable to install/uninstall some programs - installaware.png missing

Unable to install/uninstall some programs - installaware.png missing: Since upgrading to Windows10 Home, I have had problems installing/uninstalling programs. The installer crashes with the message Cannot find 'C:\Users\Nik\AppData\Local\Temp\mia1\installaware.png'" [img] I have looked in the Local\Temp folder (with hidden files...
  10. unable to install programs

unable to install programs: For some reason with the new windows 10 update, I cannot install programs anymore, that is making use of the Windows Restore option. I have System restore disabled through this: How to Enable System Restore in Windows 10 Since I need that for Rollback. But now that...