Windows 10: Unable to install specific game due to OS errors

Discus and support Unable to install specific game due to OS errors in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I'm trying to download Fortnite on my computer and every time the download reaches the 97MB mark the launcher suddenly crashes. Note that this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ImCheese1, Oct 22, 2021.

1. ImCheese1 Win User

Unable to install specific game due to OS errors

So I'm trying to download Fortnite on my computer and every time the download reaches the 97MB mark the launcher suddenly crashes. Note that this happens ONLY when downloading this specific game. I've contacted Epic Games Support but they couldn't fix the issue and told me to head to Microsoft support since the "error" was OS based. I've tried clearing the Launcher's webcache, deleting it and re-installing it all over again, tried to install the game on another driver, and on another Wi-Fi connection but nothing worked. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix it I'll be very grateful! *I'll be

:)

ImCheese1, Oct 22, 2021
  2. Harry9001 Win User

Unable to install any OS

Hi guys, I'm unable to install any OS. I tried ubuntu and got input/output error, tried installing window 7 error 0x80000010.

Downloaded iso's of both again and again still same result. Got a new SSD still the same, tried a different usb still the same.

I'm fed up, have been trying since the past 1 month still am unable to install.
    I've listed my specs in my profile.

PS Have even tried/changed my ram.
    Where the pug is the problem ?

I have been using live usb to work on computer for now but I need a permanent OS.

Harry9001, Oct 22, 2021
  3. Unable to install any OS

Ram, if a cmos clear doesnt fix it, replace the ram. check the seating of the CPU too make sure there are no bent pins

eidairaman1, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Unable to install specific game due to OS errors

Unable to install a game on Windows 10.

Hello Garrett,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to install the game on your computer.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you the administrator of the user profile?
    • What is the error message/error code you get on trying to install the game on computer?
    • Did you check if the game is compatible with the current operating system?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the game software with the current operating system on your computer.

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, i suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

c. Check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

Unable to install specific game due to OS errors

1. Unable to install specific game due to OS errors - Similar Threads - Unable install specific

2. i am facing problem during running a specific software or installation of a game, due to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am facing problem during running a specific software or installation of a game, due to a...: i am facing problem during running a specific software or installation of a game, due to a some kind of error.In a different pc this problem was resolved by tuneup utility 2011,but after that tuneup utility stopped it's support and i got this problem in a different pc....
  3. Unable to install a android OS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install a android OS.: Hi I got a lenovo ideapad 5 15acl05 laptop ryzen5 5500U and im trying to install a android os alongside it but whenever i boot through usb It never boots. It just looks like booting and automatically restarts the pc and the loop continues. Like when it enters into boot mode...
  4. Unable to install a android OS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install a android OS.: Hi I got a lenovo ideapad 5 15acl05 laptop ryzen5 5500U and im trying to install a android os alongside it but whenever i boot through usb It never boots. It just looks like booting and automatically restarts the pc and the loop continues. Like when it enters into boot mode...
  5. Unable to install specific game due to OS errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install specific game due to OS errors: So I'm trying to download Fortnite on my computer and every time the download reaches the 97MB mark the launcher suddenly crashes. Note that this happens ONLY when downloading this specific game. I've contacted Epic Games Support but they couldn't fix the issue and told me to...
  6. Unable to install specific game due to OS errors

Unable to install specific game due to OS errors: So I'm trying to download Fortnite on my computer and every time the download reaches the 97MB mark the launcher suddenly crashes. Note that this happens ONLY when downloading this specific game. I've contacted Epic Games Support but they couldn't fix the issue and told me to...
  7. Unable to install Game Pass Games via Xbox App / Windows Store due to error 0x87e00017

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install Game Pass Games via Xbox App / Windows Store due to error 0x87e00017: Hello, Few weeks ago i noticed a yellow warning on my Minecraft Dungeons icon on Xbox App. Looked into it and it seems like an issue while updating, so i though that maybe there was something wrong with the internet connection and ignored it. Opened the up today and seems...
  8. Microsoft Store: Unable to install a specific game Windows 10, PC

Microsoft Store: Unable to install a specific game Windows 10, PC: The game I'm having issue with is State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition. I checked if I have issue installing other apps/games andI only have issue with this game. I already had this game installed but an update was required from Microsoft Store made successfully other times...
  9. Installing a specific game to a specific drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing a specific game to a specific drive: Short version: MS Store installs to and launches from C: HDD, I want it to do all that from my E: SSD. Longer version: I recently bought The Outer Worlds on the MS Store. It automatically downloaded to my C: HDD, but I wanted it on my E: SSD. After attempting to move the...
  10. Unable to install software due to error code 1609

Unable to install software due to error code 1609: Error 1609 on Install. I am trying to load a program, I get the following error, 'Error 1609. An error occurred while applying security settings. Power users is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain...