Windows 10: Unable to install Synaptics on my HP laptop after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Discus and support Unable to install Synaptics on my HP laptop after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Hp laptop Serial- CND8336KHJ with Windows version 2004 andOS Build 19041.264. It came with pre-loaded Windows 10 Home which somehow got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AryeshAditya, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Unable to install Synaptics on my HP laptop after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

I have a Hp laptop Serial- CND8336KHJ with Windows version 2004 andOS Build 19041.264. It came with pre-loaded Windows 10 Home which somehow got corrupted due to my own oversight and I was forced to re-install Windows when I upgraded it. The Synaptics Pointing driver which worked perfectly in the previous occasion, can simply be not installed on the new version of Windows. I either get the message "This driver is not compatible with the OS Version" or install the driver for a different laptop and watch it stay invisible and not working in C Drive.

Please help!!

:)

AryeshAditya, Jun 30, 2020

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Remiscan Win User
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro with Windows 8.1 Pro key

I've got two laptops:
    • the old one, with Windows 10 Pro (1909) installed after a free update from Windows 8.1 Pro
    • the new one, with Windows 10 Home (1909) installed

I've got the Windows 8.1 Pro product key, and I want to transfer it to the new PC. Microsoft support tried to help me, but here's the conclusions we reached:

• I can't use the 8.1 Pro product key in the setting to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro
    • I could use it if I had Windows 10 Pro installed instead of Home
    • I can't use the generic Windows 10 Pro product key to start the upgrade, because the new PC doesn't have a Pro licence
    • I could upgrade directly from Windows 10 Home to Pro if I had a Windows 10 Pro product key instead of a Windows 8.1 Pro product key
    • I can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro and activate it later, because the installer (from the media creation tool) automatically understands that I have a Home licence and not a Pro licence, and doesn't let me choose

So, according to the support guy, my only option is to clean install Windows 10 Pro, and then it will recognize my Windows 8.1 Pro key and activate it.

It seems so weird to me that, having a valid Pro licence (in the form of a Windows 8.1 Pro product key), I can't directly upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro. Like, I have the licence, it will only work if I enter it after the upgrade, but I can only start the upgrade after entering the licence ??

So here I am, asking if there's a workaround that would allow me to simply upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro without losing any files, programs or settings, just like if I had a Windows 10 Pro product key instead of a Windows 8.1 one.

Is there any way to convince the media creation tool or whatever else to download an iso/anything that would upgrade Home to Pro?

Whatever the answer is, thank you Unable to install Synaptics on my HP laptop after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro :)

EDIT: Okay so I had a weird idea and I have no idea if it would work, but basically: what if I clean installed Windows 8.1 Pro on another partition on the new PC, activated it to with the product key, updated it to Windows 10 Pro (is that still possible?)... Would that link a Windows 10 Pro licence to my Microsoft account as a digital licence for the new PC, that I could then use to upgrade the other partition to Pro for free through the Microsoft Store?

Remiscan, Jun 30, 2020
  4. KEVINTIMM Win User

Unable to install Synaptics on my HP laptop after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

Please be advised that we have upgraded from windows 10 home by purchasing the windows 10 pro and it is not updating on installation. It runs the upgrade and after 100% upgrade on the second upgrade after restart it says unable to upgrade and it undoes the
    entire upgrade. Please advise on a way forward

***Modified title from: I have just purchased an upgrade for windows , from home to pro , but im having a problem with it upgrading***

KEVINTIMM, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Unable to install Synaptics on my HP laptop after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

1. Unable to install Synaptics on my HP laptop after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro - Similar Threads - Unable install Synaptics

2. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro: unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-from-w10-home-to-pro/3c031906-3508-4d7a-a288-c81b6cb5e8cf
  3. upgrading a laptop from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrading a laptop from Home to Pro: How do I add a volume license if I am upgrading a laptop from Home to Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-a-laptop-from-home-to-pro/0c3ac35a-09dd-4b68-bbe0-e87e6ef68582
  4. upgrading a laptop from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrading a laptop from Home to Pro: How do I add a volume license if I am upgrading a laptop from Home to Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-a-laptop-from-home-to-pro/0c3ac35a-09dd-4b68-bbe0-e87e6ef68582
  5. upgrading a laptop from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. my laptop will not upgrade to windows 10 pro from home

my laptop will not upgrade to windows 10 pro from home: i have tried to upgrade it by the windows 10 pro key it will not work says the key is bad.'I have tried to use the cd and so a fresh install that didnt work....
  7. Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Keep getting "The Product Key you entered didn't work." 0xc0041050 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-from-windows-10-home-to-windows/925678d4-7bfc-41d4-8ef1-fbb2b854d7fb
  8. Unable to install Synaptics on my HP laptop after upgrading from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to install Synaptics on my HP laptop after upgrading from Windows 10 Home: The Synaptics Pointing driver which worked perfectly in the previous, can simply be not installed on the new version of Windows. get the message "This driver is not compatible with the OS Version" or install the driver for a different laptop and watch it stay invisible and...
  9. Unable to upgrade to Window 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home

Unable to upgrade to Window 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home: I have Windows 10 Home installed on my new laptop and I have a Windows 10 Pro key I want to upgrade to pro, but when I go settings>update & security > activation click on change product key and enter the new Windows 10 Pro key click next then start on the next screen, it says...
  10. unable to upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro

unable to upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro: Not able to upgrade to windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-from-windows-10-home-to-windows/322921a1-7492-4708-8d63-f0e90fb7a914