Windows 10: Unable to install the last three updates

Discus and support Unable to install the last three updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have been an insider since the beginning (almost) and have never had a problem until now. Each time I attempt to update to the latest build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tss01, Oct 26, 2016.

1. tss01 Win User

Unable to install the last three updates

Hello,

I have been an insider since the beginning (almost) and have never had a problem until now. Each time I attempt to update to the latest build it freezes at 97%. For the latest build, the screen has said 97% for the last 30 minutes so I assume it's once again frozen.

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 4. I also have BitDefender installed. I have never had a problem updated in the past with my anti-virus running. I tried disabling it with the last build but it also froze at 97%.

I really enjoy testing out the latest builds and want to continue so I really need some advise here.

Thanks!

Bruce

:)

tss01, Oct 26, 2016
  2. Mary_75 Win User

Unable to install the last 3 cumulative updates

Hi Ashwin,

I disabled only the norton firewall as I'm uncomfortable disabling the whole anti virus program. From the replies I've seen on Microsoft support that doesn't help anyway. I tried the troubleshooting. It supposedly fixed something, so I tried downloading
    the latest cumulative update again with the same result. I am able to successfully download all other updates.

I feel the problem is with the GDI32DLL. I looked on my computer Window>SysWoW64>GDI32dll and found that that file was created or changed on May 10, 2016. My problem with these cumulative updates started with the one in June, July and August. This leads
    me to believe that this is the problem. I found a program which is secure according to Norton with a client that can fix dll files. I don't know if that is a good idea or if you have any other suggestions as I don't want to mess up my computer since it is
    running fine right now. .

What are the ramifications of just hiding these updates and not installing them on my computer?

Mary_75, Oct 26, 2016
  3. Mary_75 Win User
    Unable to install the last 3 cumulative updates

His Ashwin,

It turns out that my computer had some malware in it and that was corrected. I install the anniversary update for windows 10 successfully, so the problem is resolved. I'm sorry that no one got back to me after my first reply. I'm disappointed in Microsoft
    support because of this. I feel there should have been more help from them.

Mary_75, Oct 26, 2016
Thema:

Unable to install the last three updates

1. Unable to install the last three updates - Similar Threads - Unable install last

2. Error with installing the last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with installing the last update: I have a problem with installing the new update . there is no errors with any thing in the version i have typed the restore health command and it has become successfully....
  3. Error with installing the last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error with installing the last update: I have a problem with installing the new update . there is no errors with any thing in the version i have typed the restore health command and it has become successfully....
  4. Unable to Connect Three Monitors?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Connect Three Monitors?: So recently I've bought a computer for my mother, a Dell OptiPlex to be exact, and recently she's wanted to upgrade to three monitors rather than her standard two for work. I went ahead and got her a third monitor but upon connecting it, it seems that it won't work? I...
  5. Unable to Connect Three Monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Connect Three Monitors?: So recently I've bought a computer for my mother, a Dell OptiPlex to be exact, and recently she's wanted to upgrade to three monitors rather than her standard two for work. I went ahead and got her a third monitor but upon connecting it, it seems that it won't work? I...
  6. Unable to Connect Three Monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD three times in last 24 hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD three times in last 24 hours: Hi all, I've been having some trouble with BSOD's while playing games in the last 24 hours and the problem seems to have come from nowhere. Initially I had a kernel BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and after some googling I read that my error may be dust related so I took...
  8. last failed install/couldnt install the updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    last failed install/couldnt install the updates: it happened so many times. please send help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-failed-installcouldnt-install-the-updates/5eba8fd2-bb1e-43c0-9a22-46a515f537fd
  9. Started getting BSOD in the last three days.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Started getting BSOD in the last three days.: Hello, in the last three day I started getting BSOD. I'm a Windows 10 Pro 64 user. Here's the memory dump It's usually a ndu.sys issue, so I guess a network problem? But I didn't change anyhing in the past few months......
  10. unable to install any printer for last 6 months

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to install any printer for last 6 months: Hello, My wife and I have the same Asus ROG laptops. Her computer works with any printer no issue. mine has stopped communicating, installing, or finding any printer about 6 months ago. I have tried our Epson, I have tried our HP and both wifi and USB configurations on...