Windows 10: Unable to install the virtual network adapter in VMWare workstation 15 and Virtual box 6 -...

Discus and support Unable to install the virtual network adapter in VMWare workstation 15 and Virtual box 6 -... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Experts, I am unable to install virtual Ethernet adapter (host only and bridge) on both VM Ware workstation pro 15 and Virtual box 6. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnoopR Nath, May 13, 2019.

1. Unable to install the virtual network adapter in VMWare workstation 15 and Virtual box 6 -...

Hello Experts,

I am unable to install virtual Ethernet adapter (host only and bridge) on both VM Ware workstation pro 15 and Virtual box 6.

I have reinstalled both software multiple times and issue still exists. Both VMNet1 and VMNet8 are not showing in the adapter window and device manager. During the installation it will show the adapters in the device manager window for one or two minutes and disappears with error code 31. During the installation I have taken these details and noticed that the version of the virtual ethernet adapter is showing as 14.0.0.0, not 15.0.0.0. I have tried multiple reinstall and this remains unchanged. Please help me to resolve this issue. NAT adapter is working fine on both VMWare and Virtual box.

Thanks and regards

Anoop

Unable to install the virtual network adapter in VMWare workstation 15 and Virtual box 6 -... 03cc5b1f-1879-4089-81a1-4887748b5316?upload=true.png

:)

AnoopR Nath, May 13, 2019
  2. S_and_S Win User

Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Step #1 is to decide which virtual machine software you wish to install.

The three most popular choices are:

• VirtualBox (from Oracle)
    • VMWare Workstation Player (from VMWare); and
    • Hyper-V (from Microsoft)

Once you've made your choice you can find detailed, illustrated instructions for installing each one on the internet.

As a personal suggestion: You might find it easier to use either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player. Hyper-V is more complicated to setup.

Between VirtualBox and VMWare, I think you'll find VirtualBox more user-friendly, and it has the advantage of allowing you to create checkpoints - backups of your virtual machine - whereas to do that in VMWare you'll need to upgrade to their (expensive!)
    paid version.

S_and_S, May 13, 2019
  3. EBS123 Win User
    Windows 10 Issue: VMware Workstation 12.5.1 Player Doesn't Install Virtual Switch in Windows 10

Folk,

Hello. I am running 2 Virtual Machines (Windows XP and Oracle Linux 5) in
    Windows 10.

I need to create the Virtual Network in Windows 10 so that the 2 VMs can communicate with each other.

I have just downloaded VMware Workstation 12.5.1 Player (the file is
    VMware-player-12.5.1-4542065.exe). I have installed this file in
    Windows 10. I have chosen the
    free version for non-commercial use of VMware Workstation 12.5.1 Player. But this file doesn't install any Virtual Switch in Windows 10.

According to VMware Workstation Player documentation, it creates up to
    20 Virtual Switches on a Windows Host machine. VMware Workstation Player 12.5.1 should install the virtual switches "VMnet0", "VMnet1"
    and "VMnet8" in Windows 10 for configuring network for 2 VMs .

I run the command "ipconfig" in Windows 10 as below:

C:\user\MyName> ipconfig

Its output:

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 2:

Media State: Media Disconnected

Connection-specific DNS Suffix:

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection *2:

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix: domain.actdsltmp

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

As you see the output above, there is no virtual switch VMnet0,
    VMnet1
    and VMnet8.

I am not sure whether Windows 10 has a problem or not.

I am not sure whether the free version for non-commercial use of VMware Workstation Player 12.5.1 install virtual switches or not.

My questions are:

1) Does Windows 10 have a problem with VMware-player-12.5.1-4542065.exe
    free version for non-commercial use ?

2) How to have VMnet0, VMnet1, VMnet8 or other Virtual Switches
    come up in Windows 10 so that we can configure the network for VMs ?

Thanks in advance.

EBS123, May 13, 2019
  4. Unable to install the virtual network adapter in VMWare workstation 15 and Virtual box 6 -...

VMWARE Workstation unable to install virtual adapters in Windows 10

I am having a weird issue on my machine.
    I instaled Workstation Pro12 on my WIndows 10 machine. During the installation, the setup deleted existing Vmnet adapters and tried to create new ones. However it is not able to create virtual adapters and the setup ended prematurely.

Have removed my antivirus.

I tried to manually create new virtual adapters using the virtual network editor. Still no success.

I tried repair and uninstall of Workstation Pro12.

Even tried installing older version of Vmware 10 as well.

I am pretty sure it's some issue with Windows 10 but cannot pin point the issue.

Soumik roy, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Unable to install the virtual network adapter in VMWare workstation 15 and Virtual box 6 -...

1. Unable to install the virtual network adapter in VMWare workstation 15 and Virtual box 6 -... - Similar Threads - Unable install virtual

2. Virtual network adapter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual network adapter not working: Virtual network adapter not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-network-adapter-not-working/f6d684be-6676-4dd0-8050-a078cd0e7a12
  3. Virtual Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Network Adapter: My Windows 11 laptop will no longer connect to Wi-Fi. It says "You're connected using a virtual network adapter that we can't test." I have restarted my laptop and rebooted the modem, neither worked. Any help on what to do next?...
  4. Virtual Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Network Adapter: My Windows 11 laptop will no longer connect to Wi-Fi. It says "You're connected using a virtual network adapter that we can't test." I have restarted my laptop and rebooted the modem, neither worked. Any help on what to do next?...
  5. Virtual network adapter not getting installed during VMware installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual network adapter not getting installed during VMware installation: Hello, I recently downloaded VMware without any issues, but I had to uninstall it because it caused my VPN to stop working. Even after uninstalling VMware, my VPN still isn't functioning correctly. Now, when I try to download VMware from the official website, the virtual...
  6. Virtual network adapter not getting installed during VMware installation

Virtual network adapter not getting installed during VMware installation: Hello, I recently downloaded VMware without any issues, but I had to uninstall it because it caused my VPN to stop working. Even after uninstalling VMware, my VPN still isn't functioning correctly. Now, when I try to download VMware from the official website, the virtual...
  7. Unable to install Oracle's virtual box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Oracle's virtual box: Recently I did a fresh install of windows 11 and I'm currently on Build 22538I was using the virtual box for many days to run LinuxBy that time, my memory integrity was dissabled due to few unsupported drivers.But after the fresh install, I was abale to tuen it on and so did...
  8. Unable to install Oracle's virtual box

Unable to install Oracle's virtual box: Recently I did a fresh install of windows 11 and I'm currently on Build 22538I was using the virtual box for many days to run LinuxBy that time, my memory integrity was dissabled due to few unsupported drivers.But after the fresh install, I was abale to tuen it on and so did...
  9. Virtual network adapter not getting installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual network adapter not getting installed: The issue started when I tried to add a new virtual network in VMware Workstation 14 using Virtual Network Editor but the changes revert back without getting applied. I tried with different versions multiple times but the issue remained. Then I noticed the virtual network...
  10. unable to download Virtual Box

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    unable to download Virtual Box: I used the link given by How-to Geek and I ended up with this..................... [img] I was downloading thisone ...................... [img] Have I used the wrong download ? 42452

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network has been disconnected on vmware 15

2. Vitual adapter nt getting installated on both VMware and virtual box 6

3. will workstation pro 15 install onto windows 7 host if virtualbox is already installed?

4. Problem installing VMWare Workstation Pro 15 on Windows 7 box with Virtual Box installed