Windows 10: Unable to install/uninstall some programs - installaware.png missing

Discus and support Unable to install/uninstall some programs - installaware.png missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows10 Home, I have had problems installing/uninstalling programs. The installer crashes with the message Cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by manofmann, Aug 19, 2015.

1. manofmann Win User

Unable to install/uninstall some programs - installaware.png missing

Since upgrading to Windows10 Home, I have had problems installing/uninstalling programs.

The installer crashes with the message Cannot find 'C:\Users\Nik\AppData\Local\Temp\mia1\installaware.png'"

Unable to install/uninstall some programs - installaware.png missing [​IMG]

I have looked in the Local\Temp folder (with hidden files visible) and there is no folder 'mia1'. I am running as the only user on the system with Admin privileges.

Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone have a solution/workaround for this?

In addition, is this related to the fact that in order to use iTunes, I have to run it as an administrator (even though I am one!)?

Thank you

:)

manofmann, Aug 19, 2015
  2. Zig2010 Win User

Unable to install or Uninstall programs, Error codes: 2502 and 2503.

Thanks for the reply Richard,. I previously did all of the recommendations you suggested without success. I contacted Microsoft and we determined that the uninstaller package for the program was corrupted and I used the uninstall that came with the software
    to uninstall it. I reinstalled the software and it works fine now.

But there was one other issue that I worked with Andrew (Microsoft) on and that was in Windows Explorer. If I right click on any directory on the left of Windows Explorer it crashes. We reloaded Win 10 and that didnt help. Any Ideas?

Zig2010, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Widows 10 unable to install uninstall programs

Hi Lothar,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with installing and uninstalling programs.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Conflict between third party applications.
    • Conflict between third party antivirus software.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps.
    Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with
    clean boot
    " in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to temporarily disable antivirus or security software. Check if it helps.

Warning
    :

1. Please make sure to re-enable Antivirus software after troubleshooting steps.

2. Security software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as
    you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Refer the articles for additional information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-install-programs-on-windows-10#v1h=tab01

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/repair-or-remove-programs#v1h=tab01

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

If you google installaware you see that this is a program
    Might it be that you have used this in the past?
    It seems to be a program that creates an installer

Harpert, Aug 19, 2015
  5. manofmann Win User
    Found the solution - I had a file with the same name as the directory installaware was trying to create.

manofmann, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to install/uninstall some programs - installaware.png missing - Similar Threads - Unable install uninstall

2. Unable to uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to uninstall a program: Not sure why I'm getting this message when I AM the administrator of my PC? I'm trying to uninstall a program but it's not letting me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-uninstall-a-program/15d33a52-8959-4bae-a860-96e42e3f7de1
  3. Unable to uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to uninstall a program: Not sure why I'm getting this message when I AM the administrator of my PC? I'm trying to uninstall a program but it's not letting me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-uninstall-a-program/15d33a52-8959-4bae-a860-96e42e3f7de1
  4. Unable to uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to uninstall program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to uninstall program: I deleted ICUE (corsair's software) via add/remove programs, yet it is still installed on my computer days later. Even went through the uninstall wizard process of restarting my PC too. Now ICUE does not show under the control panel program list or add/remove program...
  6. Unable to uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to uninstall a program: Hey, does anybody know how to fix this error? I recently played through a game that required an anti-cheat program that's called "PunkBuster Services". Now that I'm done with it, I'm trying to uninstall the program, but Windows is not letting me; it tells me, and I quote,...
  7. Unable to install or uninstall programs.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to install or uninstall programs.: Hi, i did something stupid and changed the ownership and permissions of the folder "C:\Windows" and now some programs don't work and I'm unable to install or uninstall programs. I tried the installer troubleshooter and it did not work. Also i tried resetting the permissions...
  8. can't uninstall some programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't uninstall some programs: when I try to uninstall epic games I get an error saying "windows can't access the specific device path or file you may not have the appropriate permissions to continue". c\windows\system32\msiexec.exe . I changed the file security to give me full control but didn't...
  9. Unable to install or uninstall programs with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install or uninstall programs with Windows 10: Whenever I try to install a program, I click on the setup exe that I just downloaded and I get an error message that says "Windows cannot find (the .exe) make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again" When I try to uninstall a program, I get an error message that...
  10. Unable to uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to uninstall programs: I was trying to uninstall utorrent from "Programmes and Features" but the error that I received is "You do not have sufficient access to uninstall utorrent. Please contact your system administrator". I tried uninstalling the program from "regedit" but I could not find my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to install installware