Windows 10: Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog

Discus and support Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sorry if this is in the wrong place was not sure if this would be something to post in the Windows Updates and Activation forum.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cgrim1985, Nov 16, 2019.

1. cgrim1985 Win User

Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog

Sorry if this is in the wrong place was not sure if this would be something to post in the Windows Updates and Activation forum.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was using Belarc Advisor to get information about my computer and it says I'm missing 1 Windows Security Update ( Microsoft security update: KB4524569), when I check Windows Update it says I up to date so I click the linked provided by Belarc which takes me to page page on the Microsoft website titled "Servicing stack update for Windows 10, version 1903: November 12, 2019." and click on the link to install the update from the Microsoft Microsoft Update Catalog, select the right version for the system, download it, but when I try installing it I get an error message that says " Windows Update Standalone Installer: This update is not applicable to your computer." So what do I do?

Windows Version: 1903 (OS Build 19013.1122) Windows 10 Pro

Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog [​IMG]

:)

cgrim1985, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Installing update after downloading it through Microsoft Update Catalog

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

There is no need to install update separately it will be automatically installed when you download the update, I suggest you to go to Control panel and check whether the update is installed are not.

Follow the steps to check for Update.

• Open Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Click on View installed updates.

• Check for the Update in the list.

Keep us posted on the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Oups Win User
    Unable to install update

Thanks Callender, I'll keep that in mind.

4. topgundcp Win User

Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog

Another way:
    Download WHDownloader (Windows Hotfix Downloader) 2.2
    Unzip to desktop or where ever then run.

1. Download the KB's list from catalog. Should run when starting the program to get the latest list.
    2. Select Office/Windows edition
    3. Put check mark(s) to select the KB's
    4. Download Updates.
    NOTE: The KB's with huge file size are normally the cumulative updates from one version to next. If you are currently running 1607 then you'd need to run the KB for 1073 first then run the next one (1709), The rest of the KB's are security updates, Flash Updates etc...

topgundcp, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog - Similar Threads - Unable install update

2. Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Update Catalog: In the Microsoft Update Catalog you used to be able to enter 2022-11 to get all the Windows updates for the year and month. Now the same search returns over 1000 results, including drivers, etc. Been broken like this for over 3 months. When will this be fixed??...
  3. Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Update Catalog: In the Microsoft Update Catalog you used to be able to enter 2022-11 to get all the Windows updates for the year and month. Now the same search returns over 1000 results, including drivers, etc. Been broken like this for over 3 months. When will this be fixed??...
  4. Installing an update from the Microsoft Update Catalog, when it goes to the download folder...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing an update from the Microsoft Update Catalog, when it goes to the download folder...: I wanted to download and install Intel Graphics Update 20.19.15.5107 because HP Support Assistant said to, but the download from the HP website kept failing. The HP download sites seem to be all messed up. Then I used the "new EDGE" to search for this update. It was listed,...
  5. Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog: Sorry if this is in the wrong place was not sure if this would be something to post in the Windows Updates and Activation forum....
  6. Problems installing updates from Microsoft Catalog Site

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems installing updates from Microsoft Catalog Site: winver = 1709 OSBuild 16299.125 Arch = 64bit I've installed this version of win 10 and am trying to install the latest cumulative update from the microsoft catalog site aka https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com. I did a search for "windows 10 1709 cumulative x64" the top...
  7. Problems installing updates from Microsoft Catalog Site

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems installing updates from Microsoft Catalog Site: winver = 1709 OSBuild 16299.125 Arch = 64bit I've installed this version of win 10 and am trying to install the latest cumulative update from the microsoft catalog site aka https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com. I did a search for "windows 10 1709 cumulative x64" the top...
  8. Is it safe installing updates from Microsoft Update Catalog?

Is it safe installing updates from Microsoft Update Catalog?: Hello everyone! After struggling with the 0x80080008 error while checking for updates in the Settings tab, I decided to visit the Microsoft Update Catalog to download it manually. I did a Google search of the August 2019 KB number and I have a question regarding my OS. It had...
  9. Error on Microsoft Update Catalog

Error on Microsoft Update Catalog: I just download windows update catalog for 86x-based on KB4457128 (OS Build 17134.285). But when I try to install it, installation fails and dialog box says some updates were not install. I have run windows troubleshooter and restarted my pc but nothing seems to work. What...
  10. Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog: How to: Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog [img] Information Most users obtain Windows Updates automatically through the Windows Update Service (aka WUS). Sometimes, however, an update may fail to download or install properly. At other...