Windows 10: Unable to install update KB4532695 to fix Search Bar & File Explorer

Discus and support Unable to install update KB4532695 to fix Search Bar & File Explorer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I updated to Windows 10 1909 two days ago and the Search Bar and the File Explorer haven't been functioning since then. Apparently this is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kevin Dawson, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Unable to install update KB4532695 to fix Search Bar & File Explorer

Hi,

I updated to Windows 10 1909 two days ago and the Search Bar and the File Explorer haven't been functioning since then. Apparently this is a known issue. There are a lot of topics about it on here.

I looked for a fix and found out that Microsoft released an update to fix this issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4532695/windows-10-update-kb4532695

I downloaded it through Microsoft Update Catalog but when I try to install it I get an error saying "This update is not applicable to your computer." Now I'm 100% sure I downloaded the right one. I use Windows 10 Pro x64, version 1909, build 18363.657.

I downloaded "2020-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems", it didn't install.

Then I downloaded "2020-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for ARM64-based Systems", it didn't install either.

Turns out this update is for build 18363.628 whereas my build is18363.657. I think that's why it won't install.

I tried installing it through Windows Update but no matter how many times I check for updates, it jut doesn't find KB4532695. That's why I'm having to install it manually.

I also tried to install this thinking maybe it would help: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4532693/windows-10-update-kb4532693 It didn't install either, due to the same reason. It said it wasn't applicable even though I'm 100% sure I downloaded the right one.

So what am I supposed to do now? I really need the Search Bar to function for my work and it's been hindering my business for two days. Any help is appreciated.

:)

Kevin Dawson, Feb 15, 2020

2. Search bar not working on Windows 10

I first ran all the Windows updates that the PC needed, in this case 1803 and 1909. After the 1909 install, Windows updates downloaded kb4532695. After doing these steps, the search issue was fixed.

techdude23, Feb 15, 2020
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Unable to install update KB4532695 to fix Search Bar & File Explorer

Unable to search files using Windows search bar

Hi Jill,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would recommend you to run
    search and indexing troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting on the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Type indexing on the search bar and click on click on
      search and indexing.

• Click on Advanced on the search and indexing dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      search and indexing troubleshooter.
    Please be informed that, it is not possible to revert back to the Windows 7 Start menu. However, I suggest you to give your valuable feedback and suggestion using Windows feedback app.

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Unable to install update KB4532695 to fix Search Bar & File Explorer

1. Unable to install update KB4532695 to fix Search Bar & File Explorer - Similar Threads - Unable install update

2. Found a fix for File Explorer search bar not finding files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Found a fix for File Explorer search bar not finding files: I was having the exact same issue as the one found in this article: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-search-not-finding-files-that-are/f943728c-7a32-476f-8302-c7b6aabed95dI went through all the different "fixes" found online and on this...
  3. Found a fix for File Explorer search bar not finding files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found a fix for File Explorer search bar not finding files: I was having the exact same issue as the one found in this article: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-search-not-finding-files-that-are/f943728c-7a32-476f-8302-c7b6aabed95dI went through all the different "fixes" found online and on this...
  4. Found a fix for File Explorer search bar not finding files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Search Bar Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search Bar Crashes: I have been having the issue of File Explorer search bar freezing up and crashing to just simply not working.Video of Screen Session https://screenrec.com/share/st4HzoVvM6I need some assistance please!...
  6. File Explorer Search Bar Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Search Bar Crashes: I have been having the issue of File Explorer search bar freezing up and crashing to just simply not working.Video of Screen Session https://screenrec.com/share/st4HzoVvM6I need some assistance please!...
  7. Unable to open and use windows 10 search bar and file explorer search.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to open and use windows 10 search bar and file explorer search.: [ATTACH] Hey, a little backstory to my issue, yesterday everything was fine untill a thunder struck my house yesterday and in panic i unplugged my pc from the wall while it was running. Everything works fine now except this, i dont know if me turning my pc off so abruptly...
  8. Unable to uninstall the KB4532695 Patch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to uninstall the KB4532695 Patch: This patched messed up 2 Lenovo computers and their internet connection. Once it was determined that this install was the cause of the issue I uninstall the patch from one of the computers but when I tried to uninstall from the second one, we received a message that not all...
  9. KB4532695 for Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909 fixes File Explorer Search issue

in Windows 10 News
    KB4532695 for Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909 fixes File Explorer Search issue: Microsoft released the cumulative update KB4532695 for the company's Windows 10 operating system that fixes several issues including the File Explorer Search issue. The update is available for Windows 10 version 1903 and Windows 10 version 1909 which share updates due to the...
  10. Unable To Copy In Search Bar In File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable To Copy In Search Bar In File Explorer: Hello, I hope I can get an answer to this problem I am having when I try to copy something in the Search Bar at the top in File Explorer. I have an HP Omen Obelisk that was set up just a few days ago. I am using Win 10 Home Edition. I have a 256 SSD and a 1TB HDD. My OS is...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4532695These new