Windows 10: Unable to install updates win10

Discus and support Unable to install updates win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've been unable to install any updates for win10 from the moment I upgraded from 8 on my laptop. I've pretty much tried everything. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Johanj1, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Johanj1 Win User

Unable to install updates win10

Hi,

I've been unable to install any updates for win10 from the moment I upgraded from 8 on my laptop.

I've pretty much tried everything. Both offline using iso and online letting windows download from the settings menu. Tried to stop/start all the services/bits using all the guides I can find.

I get as far as everything is downloaded, the computer restarts and starts to install. At 54% it stops and never go any further. No matter how long I let it sit there. Exactly the same thing when i do an offline installation using the microsoft iso.

To make things even worse, the system is now downloading the latest updates every time I start the computer, using up all my data from my limited dataplan. How can I get this to stop? I want the latest updates of course, but if thats not posible, how do I return to windows 8 so that I can use my machine again?

What else can I do?

:)

Johanj1, Dec 1, 2018

2. Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Dec 1, 2018
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Toothless Win User

Win10 updates

Which Windows updates in 8.1 where the gateway to installing Win10? I've ALWAYS had update as a "check but let me decide" basis however I woke up to this.

Unable to install updates win10 [​IMG]

With a bunch more (even AMD 7900 drivers, like wtf)

I'm trying to avoid the Win10 shitfest but good lord what has Microsoft done.

Toothless, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to install updates win10 - Similar Threads - Unable install updates

2. Unable to update/install driver at AX88178 device at Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update/install driver at AX88178 device at Win10: Hi,I'm having problem with my Win10 HP Z4G4 PC unable to recognize & connect to AX88178 device. Already tried installing/updating the AX88178 driver using the ASIX drivers as shown in the ASIX_USBDrivers folder which mostly obtained from...
  3. Unable to update/install driver at AX88178 device at Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to update/install driver at AX88178 device at Win10: Hi,I'm having problem with my Win10 HP Z4G4 PC unable to recognize & connect to AX88178 device. Already tried installing/updating the AX88178 driver using the ASIX drivers as shown in the ASIX_USBDrivers folder which mostly obtained from...
  4. Unable to update/install driver at AX88178 device at Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to install update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install update: The 2022-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems KB5016616 has been failing repeatedly on my PC. It downloads and installs, but when I restart my computer, the screen "working on updates" stops at 7%. Then, while restarting, the following...
  6. unable to update win10 to version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to update win10 to version 2004: I have tried more than 6 times to update to Windows 10 version 2004. Each time I have tried it fails and I recieve the error message "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 - Error 0xc19001e2". What is wrong? How can this problem be corrected?...
  7. unable to install Win10 or 8.1

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unable to install Win10 or 8.1: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ei4ryiexifc51.png?width=740&format=png&auto=webp&s=ae011a6c3d4c141304a5f4a371988a7a4ba46b98 submitted by /u/crixAA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hvw5i7/unable_to_install_win10_or_81/
  8. Unable to Install Win10 on New HDD

Unable to Install Win10 on New HDD: I have a Lenova laptop with a new HDD. I had hoped to install Win10Pro from a CD but it runs into a problem and shows the 3 partitions. One has 931GB tot space with 931 avail and 2 other small partitions when I say Next, I get a message saying "could not create a new Part...
  9. Unable to activate win10 Pro recently installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate win10 Pro recently installed: Hi, I recently installed Win10 Pro on a new SSD for my old Desktop that was running Win7. I'm asked to activate but nothing works. I entered the activation key provided, tried the troubleshoot with no effect ending with error code : 0xC004C060. I see my desktop in my...
  10. UNABLE TO INSTALL WIN10

UNABLE TO INSTALL WIN10: I have a Windows 10 Pro Full Version 64 Bit Disc that I cannot access for upgrading my WIN7. I have tried a boot from the DVD, a boot from the Start Menu and from the drive in My Computer and I get nothing but the disc just seems to spin, start, stop in random order as if it...