Windows 10: Unable to install virtual com ports.

Discus and support Unable to install virtual com ports. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Unable to install driver for virtual com ports. The installer says that the installation was successful but the comports do not appear in the Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidKirksey, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Unable to install virtual com ports.

Unable to install driver for virtual com ports. The installer says that the installation was successful but the comports do not appear in the Device Manager list. The specific software is SiliconLabs Dual CP210XUSB to UART Bridge Enhanced COM PORT.

The SiliconLabs links were no help.

Tn

:)

DavidKirksey, Oct 4, 2018

2. Unable to locate virtual com ports in Windows 10 Device Manager

I used to be able to look up the virtual com port to which an antenna/radio plugged into a USB port was assigned. Now I am unable to find any Ports (COM or LTE) listed in Device Manager. I tried all the views available from the drop-down menu and I tried
    the "hidden devices" option. I'm having the same experience on a Gateway Desktop and an HP laptop. Was there an update that did this? Is there a way around it? I need to be able to look this information up and enter into a Drone Program I use, MIssion Planner.

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

QuestionerXT, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Oct 4, 2018
  4. spapakons Win User

Unable to install virtual com ports.

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Unable to install virtual com ports. [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Unable to install virtual com ports.

1. Unable to install virtual com ports. - Similar Threads - Unable install virtual

2. Problem to connect to virtual COM port in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem to connect to virtual COM port in Windows 10: I have a bluetooth module in my new Board I have a good communication with My android Cellphone but when I Start to develop an APP with C# App in Windows 10, I had a problem.I can see the virtual port, but I can not open that and I can not send any thing on that.I recive this...
  3. Problem to connect to virtual COM port in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem to connect to virtual COM port in Windows 10: I have a bluetooth module in my new Board I have a good communication with My android Cellphone but when I Start to develop an APP with C# App in Windows 10, I had a problem.I can see the virtual port, but I can not open that and I can not send any thing on that.I recive this...
  4. Windows 11: STMicroelectronics Virtual Com Port not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: STMicroelectronics Virtual Com Port not working: Dear community,I am trying to update a heat pump controller, for which I need to use this Virtual Com Port driver - and it is not willing to start error code 10. This seems not be a fairly common problem, but unfortunately I could not find a solution...My Hardware is a Lenovo...
  5. Windows 11: STMicroelectronics Virtual Com Port not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: STMicroelectronics Virtual Com Port not working: Dear community,I am trying to update a heat pump controller, for which I need to use this Virtual Com Port driver - and it is not willing to start error code 10. This seems not be a fairly common problem, but unfortunately I could not find a solution...My Hardware is a Lenovo...
  6. Virtual COM Port problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual COM Port problem: I recently bought a laser etching device that uses STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port driver. I downloaded and installed the driver, and I was able to get the driver to appear under Ports in the Device Manager. When I check the properties, I get "This device cannot start....
  7. Bluetooth virtual COM port

Bluetooth virtual COM port: Hello everyone I'm having trouble to open connection with a bluetooth device with a virtual com port SPP. I'm able to pair it Through bluetooth settings>advanced settings > Com port > add and everything goes fine. But when I want to open the connection with a software Here...
  8. Virtual COM ports

Virtual COM ports: I am using Windows 10 and cannot find the COM and LPT settings I need to assign virtual COM ports. ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-com-ports/b0ef4b1f-c1ca-46aa-89a6-aa052ab3a0ca
  9. Unable to install virtual com ports.

Unable to install virtual com ports.: Unable to install driver for virtual com ports. The installer says that the installation was successful but the comports do not appear in the Device Manager list. The specific software is SiliconLabs Dual CP210XUSB to UART Bridge Enhanced COM PORT. The SiliconLabs links...
  10. Virtual COM port

Virtual COM port: Looking for software to create a virtual COM port in a 2018 Microsoft Surface (LTE/4g model) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/virtual-com-port/e2876692-3b02-49a7-a38e-3ffbfd70d472