Windows 10: Unable to install Windows 10 from USB

Discus and support Unable to install Windows 10 from USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys i built a new pc with no OS installed, got the windows 10 home retail pack which comes with the USB installer. Changed to boot from USB, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NicholasAng_706, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Unable to install Windows 10 from USB

Hi guys i built a new pc with no OS installed, got the windows 10 home retail pack which comes with the USB installer.

Changed to boot from USB, it runs and theres a loading bar below, after the bar is completed it loads and show a windows 10 icon before showing asus logo.

then it beingd me back to the place where it asks me whether i want to install the 64 bit or 32 bit edition Window Boot Manager

Went to the BIOS setting^ when the asus logo appear and tried to boot from SSD instead but it goes into bios

Unplugged all other USB device other than keyboard & mouse

Been trying the whole of yesterday and nothing works

please help

:)

NicholasAng_706, Dec 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 26, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Unable to install Windows 10 from USB

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Unable to install Windows 10 from USB

1. Unable to install Windows 10 from USB - Similar Threads - Unable install USB

2. Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick: The install gets to 96% of installation then I get an error message. The error says that windows cannot install the required files. Make sure all files that are required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025DI’ve formatted the 1TB...
  3. Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick: The install gets to 96% of installation then I get an error message. The error says that windows cannot install the required files. Make sure all files that are required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025DI’ve formatted the 1TB...
  4. Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to install windows 10 via a USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install windows 10 via a USB: I have windows 10 installed on my USB, however whenever I boot up in through it nothing happens and it boots up into my current OS instead of it trying to boot up into the windows 10 installation menu.Everything is formatted correctly and is fine the way it's supposed to be....
  6. Unable to install windows 10 via a USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install windows 10 via a USB: I have windows 10 installed on my USB, however whenever I boot up in through it nothing happens and it boots up into my current OS instead of it trying to boot up into the windows 10 installation menu.Everything is formatted correctly and is fine the way it's supposed to be....
  7. Unable to install windows 10 via a USB

8. Unable to install Windows 10 from USB drive

Unable to install Windows 10 from USB drive: Just built a new computer. Using an ASUS Rog Strix B550-f motherboard with an AMD Ryzen 7 3700x processor. Booted to BIOS fine. Upgraded the BIOS to 2403. Created an USB Windows 10 installation. In the BIOS i have UEFI:MUSHKIN 64GB PMAP, Partition 1 (63.2 GB) listed as Boot...
  9. Unable to install from USB recovery disk

Unable to install from USB recovery disk: I created a USB recovery disk 10 months ago. Recently I had issues with my PC and went to use the recovery disk to reinstall a clean version of Windows. The PC brought up the recovery program, deleted all the files on the computer's hard drive and then failed to reinstall...
  10. Unable to install windows 10 from usb drive

Unable to install windows 10 from usb drive: This is a little more complicated than usual inability to install windows but I desperately need help. A month or two ago I built my own computer, managed to install windows, everything was perfectly fine. Fairly recently, I started getting BSOD crashes with errors such as...