Windows 10: Unable to install Windows 10 on Windows 8.1 machine

Discus and support Unable to install Windows 10 on Windows 8.1 machine in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am unable to install or upgrade my Windows 8.1 machine to Windows 10. I have tried booting with the USB drive and upgrading from the desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Imasmo, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Imasmo Win User

Unable to install Windows 10 on Windows 8.1 machine

Hi,

I am unable to install or upgrade my Windows 8.1 machine to Windows 10. I have tried booting with the USB drive and upgrading from the desktop. I think this is something to do with my disk partition. Posting the screenshot of my disk management below.

:)

Imasmo, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 30, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Unable to install Windows 10 on Windows 8.1 machine

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Unable to install Windows 10 on Windows 8.1 machine

1. Unable to install Windows 10 on Windows 8.1 machine - Similar Threads - Unable install machine

2. SQL Server - unable to install on Windows Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server - unable to install on Windows Virtual Machine: I have an Apple Macbook Pro running on M1 chip. I have installed a Windows 11 virtual machine using UTM. I am trying to install SQL Server on Windows but I get an error just before installation is completed.Here is the log in the Summary.txt:Overall summary: Final result:...
  3. SQL Server - unable to install on Windows Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SQL Server - unable to install on Windows Virtual Machine: I have an Apple Macbook Pro running on M1 chip. I have installed a Windows 11 virtual machine using UTM. I am trying to install SQL Server on Windows but I get an error just before installation is completed.Here is the log in the Summary.txt:Overall summary: Final result:...
  4. Unable to install windows 7 on windows 10 machine after accidental upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install windows 7 on windows 10 machine after accidental upgrade: so i let my buddie borrow my old pc that i use for audio editing and he upgraded it to windows 10 without telling me, i tried reinstalling windows 7 but i got an error code 0x6, im so confused as to what the problem is and i cant figure it out, its an old hp omen desktop...
  5. Unable to install windows 7 on windows 10 machine after accidental upgrade

Unable to install windows 7 on windows 10 machine after accidental upgrade: so i let my buddie borrow my old pc that i use for audio editing and he upgraded it to windows 10 without telling me, i tried reinstalling windows 7 but i got an error code 0x6, im so confused as to what the problem is and i cant figure it out, its an old hp omen desktop...
  6. Installation of Windows 8

Installation of Windows 8: I’m trying to install windows 8.1 on a Windows 7 computer and I don’t have a product key for it and it’s asking me for product key so I’m using a product key that is from the Internet and it has zeros or o in it and I don’t know how to put them in because it doesn’t support...
  7. Unable to log into my Windows 10 machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to log into my Windows 10 machine: I have a machine that I use to run Plex on, it usually runs for weeks at a time. I had to restart it today but I don't seem to be able to log into it any more. It usually runs without a monitor, keyboard or mouse attached and I access it via RDP if I need to do anything on...
  8. Installing windows 10 on a windows 8 machine after reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing windows 10 on a windows 8 machine after reset: I have a Sony Vaio machine (6 years old) that was becoming very unstable. So I did a Reset on the machine which worked fine. However, the only option I had was to install the included image which unfortunately was a windows 8 image. The machine was running windows 10 prior...
  9. cant share from a windows 8 machine to a windows 10 machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant share from a windows 8 machine to a windows 10 machine: I have had to transfer my server at home which is only used to store media files and other required stuff to back it up from ZFS GURU back to windows 8 due to the new requirement in windows 10 with samba. but now even with the server running windows 8 i cant access the...
  10. Unable to install Windows on old machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Windows on old machine: I have been asked to look at my nephew's old PC. He is 15 and did the silly thing of using a paperclip inside the machine. I am still not sure exactly what he was doing but it made it go pop. They had to replace the CPU and motherboard. The motherboard is an old Asus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install windows 8.1 on windows 10 machine