Windows 10: Unable to install Windows 10 to SSD, install on HDD works fine

Discus and support Unable to install Windows 10 to SSD, install on HDD works fine in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello there, i have a very peculiar problem.I'm trying to install windows 10 on a sata SSD connected to a pretty old Lenovo desktop, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gujdek, Nov 30, 2019.

1. /u/Gujdek Win User

Unable to install Windows 10 to SSD, install on HDD works fine

Unable to install Windows 10 to SSD, install on HDD works fine x3iqpbhxY9w1QE-8VDkqoWLgs2LDwK4MZ9w7YwYWaq8.jpg

Hello there, i have a very peculiar problem.I'm trying to install windows 10 on a sata SSD connected to a pretty old Lenovo desktop, and during each try at different percentages I get an error saying "windows cannot access the installation sources. Verify that the installation sources are accessible and restart the installation".I already tried the following:

1. Install from USB device to SSD.
    2. Install from HDD partition to SSD
    3. Install from 5GB partiton on the same SSD
    4. Clone installed partition from HDD to SSD

Install always starts normally and stops at a random percentage with the same error

And for now nothing works.Mind you, install on HDD with all methods works without a problem on the problematic system.Also, I have tested the SSD on another custom built computer with 3 different SATA cables that i tried using and it installed without a problem so it's not a problem with SSD or cables. PC Specs: Lenovo 9859-7BG G31 Lenovo motherboard Intel Q9500 socket 775 CPU 2x2GB ddr2 800 RAM HDD: 1 TB Seagate SATA SSD: 128 GB Kingdian SATA

I'm getting desperate here so any help would be appreciated.

https://preview.redd.it/n7fbof8iwt1...bp&s=50dd896945c0098074c206579e26c649f15f077f

submitted by /u/Gujdek
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gujdek, Nov 30, 2019
  2. Harry9001 Win User

Unable to install any OS

Hi guys, I'm unable to install any OS. I tried ubuntu and got input/output error, tried installing window 7 error 0x80000010.

Downloaded iso's of both again and again still same result. Got a new SSD still the same, tried a different usb still the same.

I'm fed up, have been trying since the past 1 month still am unable to install.
    I've listed my specs in my profile.

PS Have even tried/changed my ram.
    Where the pug is the problem ?

I have been using live usb to work on computer for now but I need a permanent OS.

Harry9001, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Bruntonio Win User
    Installed an SSD, unable to view files on second HDD

Hi,
    I'm having an issue with User Account Control (I think). Sorry if this is the wrong forum but it came about from my SSD install...

I've just installed a samsung 830 series 128gb SSD as my OS boot drive, I've kept my original OS 160gb HDD in my pc as extra storage (now Drive E*Smile Unable to install Windows 10 to SSD, install on HDD works fine :), along with a 2TB HDD (Drive D*Smile Unable to install Windows 10 to SSD, install on HDD works fine :).

I am unable to gain access to a lot of files on my 2Tb HDD (have not moved this HDD), I keep having to take ownership of the folders but then I can't view the pictures or videos within the folders after taking ownership. This was not an issue before when my OS was on the 160gb HDD.

I did a fresh OS install to the SSD too.

Any ideas?

Bruntonio, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Unable to install Windows 10 to SSD, install on HDD works fine

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Unable to install Windows 10 to SSD, install on HDD works fine

1. Unable to install Windows 10 to SSD, install on HDD works fine - Similar Threads - Unable install SSD

2. Installing Windows 10 but unable to find SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 but unable to find SSD: Hello. Im trying to reinstall windows 10 but when Im told to choose disk in the installing wizard theres no SSD. Only my hard drive and a couple of partitions. I can see my SSD in BIOS. Forgive my ignorance while this is not my excellence. Will provide with photos....
  3. Unable to install Windows 10 on SSD

Unable to install Windows 10 on SSD: Hello All, I am hoping someone can assist me. I have a Dell Optiplex 960 that was on bios A05. I downloaded the Windows media creation tool and tried to install Windows but kept receiving an error "Windows can not be installed to this disk." Ensure the disks controller is...
  4. Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows: I have a laptop with SSD and HDD in it. My drivers look like this[ATTACH] how Can i know weather windows is installed in SSD or HDD ? I am also using Intel Optane Memory which looks like this [ATTACH] As you can see i have one SSD and one HDD how can know where is...
  5. Installed M2 SSD + clean install of Windows on said SSD in laptop alongside HDD. HDD was...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installed M2 SSD + clean install of Windows on said SSD in laptop alongside HDD. HDD was...: I assume it has something to do with a partition on the HDD. Disk Manager does not allow me to delete 2 relatively small partitions, including one labeled "Recovery" and one labeled "EFI System Partition." I assume W10 is detecting the recovery partition and is giving me the...
  6. Installation of Windows 10 with SSD and HDD disks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installation of Windows 10 with SSD and HDD disks: I'm confused with all this partitions and i want to know how to delete all partitions if i have an ssd and hdd submitted by /u/thanos997 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8wgs4/installation_of_windows_10_with_ssd_and_hdd_disks/
  7. HDD to SSD change, Want to install Windows 10 in SSD

HDD to SSD change, Want to install Windows 10 in SSD: Hello There, I have purchased a laptop Model: 81DE(Lenovo Ideapad330-15IKB U) with preinstalled genuine windows in it activated by digital lisense. Now I have installed SSD drive and want to install Windows 10 into the SSD drive, How to install windows 10 into that drive??...
  8. Install Windows on SSD with bootloader on HDD

Install Windows on SSD with bootloader on HDD: I have Dell Inspiron 7566 with built-in Toshiba HDD which had three partitions: C:/ for Windows 10 , U:/ for Ubuntu 18.04 and D:/ for other stuff. Ubuntu was installed in UEFI mode and on every boot computer loaded to GRUB and asked which system it should start. Recently I...
  9. unable to install windows on ssd

unable to install windows on ssd: every time when I try to install windows 10 on my laptop SSD this type of error message display i am using Intel Pentium dual-core & 4gb ram[ATTACH]...
  10. Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD

Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD: I have recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 10 (because I took advantage of the free upgrade offer last year), but have created an ISO file for a full install as I want to fully install Windows 10 by itself. My plan is, if the install works and...