Windows 10: Unable to install Windows 10 updates since 1607

Discus and support Unable to install Windows 10 updates since 1607 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I am currently running Windows 10 Home, version 1607 on my PC Acer Predator G3-605. I am also running Norton 360 antivirus. I noticed a while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by james charlton, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Unable to install Windows 10 updates since 1607

Hi

I am currently running Windows 10 Home, version 1607 on my PC Acer Predator G3-605. I am also running Norton 360 antivirus.

I noticed a while ago that my Windows updates were constantly failing and each time I would look into the error codes, attempt the usual fixes and get nowhere each time. I eventually just ignored the problem as my PC still works very well, and hoped it would resolve itself as later updates were released. Now after about 3 years the issue has still not been resolved and I'm conscious of the possible vulnerabilities given how out of date my operating system is.

Some of the solutions I have tried over the last couple of days are:

• Windows Update troubleshoot - this identified that some security settings were missing / changed, service registration was missing / corrupt, Windows Update database corruption and Windows Update components must be repaired. All issues were fixed by the troubleshoot but when I tried installing the updates again I got the same issue as before.
    • I then attempted to install the latest Windows 10 feature directly from the Microsoft website. Same issue as above, fails to install.
    • I then figured I would just reset the PC to factory settings given there must be a fundamental issue somewhere, and a restore should address the problem. I initially tried the 'reset this PC' option from the recovery settings but almost immediately into running this it would say 'there was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made'.
    • I then tried re-installing Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool - I can't remember the exact wording of the error but this didn't work either. I also backed it up to a USB drive and tried installing using this but had the same outcome.
    • I've followed various other solutions on sites like this, e.g. using the system file checker, which at first I was able to run the scan but it wouldn't fix any issues, whereas now I can't event run the scan at all Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. I've followed the steps that should address this problem but it still doesn't work.

I really don't have a clue what I'm doing and as you can imagine I am losing hope that this will ever be fixed.

Any help anyone can offer would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

james charlton, Jul 1, 2020
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

1607: Unable to install installshield scripting runtime error - Win10

Anyone had this error installing any old games? 1607: Unable to install installshield scripting runtime error

The game is COD 2 and am running Windows 10 x64.... am sure I have installed this on a previous Windows 10 build, tried a quick google though it's throwing up a load of old threads related to Windows XP

NdMk2o1o, Jul 1, 2020
  3. ShiBDiB Win User
    ShiBDiB, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Unable to install Windows 10 updates since 1607

Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Unable to install Windows 10 updates since 1607

1. Unable to install Windows 10 updates since 1607 - Similar Threads - Unable install updates

2. Unable to install updates since before KB5001330

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install updates since before KB5001330: After many failed attempts to install updates in the past month, I'm getting pretty frustrated. At the end of each failed attempt, I get this error message with code:There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to...
  3. Unable to install a patch on windows 10 1607

Unable to install a patch on windows 10 1607: I am trying to write a batch script to help users in our company to upgrade their computers to support edge browser and it's IE mode. @echo off color 1a setlocal enableextensions enabledelayedexpansion set LOGFILE=c:\edgesetup.log set CDN=http://172.31.25.14/soft set...
  4. Unable to update the Windows 10 version from 1607 to 1909

Unable to update the Windows 10 version from 1607 to 1909: I try to update my Windows 10 laptop to recent version from 1607 to 1909 and am getting below error. Note that I run the troubleshooter tool and fix all the issues. Each time when I try to update am getting different codes. Below the latest error code. There were problems...
  5. Unable to Update KB4494440 for Windows 10 32 bit Ver 1607

Unable to Update KB4494440 for Windows 10 32 bit Ver 1607: I'm unable to to Update KB4494440 for Windows 10 32 bit Ver 1607. Upon reboot the patch will rollback with error code 0x80070005. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-update-kb4494440-for-windows-10-32-bit/8dd1df77-542c-4566-96a8-d8ec32921a04
  6. Cumulative Updates unable to install in Windows 10 1607 on VHD (Error code: 2149842967=...

Cumulative Updates unable to install in Windows 10 1607 on VHD (Error code: 2149842967=...: 1. We tried to push windows cumulative updates to client machines via BigFix, unable to install the updates not all the machines have this issue only 12 machines affected so we proceeded to do manual update. 2. While checking from control panel we get to know those...
  7. All update attempts have failed since Version 1607 was installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    All update attempts have failed since Version 1607 was installed: On one of my machines Windows has failed to install any updates since Version 1607 was installed back in March. The messages I am getting from Windows are confused and contradictory. Sometimes it says there are updates to install. Sometimes it says that there aren't....
  8. New update 1607 will not install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New update 1607 will not install: I have had it with windows 10. I run a home business and my first encounter was that I told the update tool not to install windows 10. Then one morning I went to get ready and when I got back it had installed without my permission. I decided to try it an it has run perfectly...
  9. Computers extremely slow since 1607 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computers extremely slow since 1607 update: We have two identical laptops in this household and the same problem has been happening on both of them. Since the Anniversary update 1607 (Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3189866)), the computers have been ridiculously slow and running...
  10. Grey Boxes Since 1607 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey Boxes Since 1607 Update: Just did the 1607 update on my HP laptop with Win10 originally installed. Since the update every site I visited using Chrome browser would display grey boxes of varying sizes in different places on the site that would slow loading and eventually fill in with text or images....