Windows 10: Unable to install Windows after 20H2 update

Discus and support Unable to install Windows after 20H2 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed the 20H2 update using the Update Assistance tool on the Microsoft website. Turns out my system is not compatible with the update and I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bagofskates, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Unable to install Windows after 20H2 update

I installed the 20H2 update using the Update Assistance tool on the Microsoft website. Turns out my system is not compatible with the update and I was stuck in a BSOD loop upon restart. I have tried repairing my installation and rolling back, doesn't work.

I have formatted my C drive which held the previous installation of Windows 1909. Yet I can't install a new version of Windows on this or any other drive that I have.
    I keep getting errors that the installation files are corrupted and the installation fails. I just tried the 1803 version and got a NTFS.sys error after about 40% progress of checking installation files.

I'm currently downloading version 1709 and am going to try and install this on my HDD instead of the C SSD drive I usually use.

If anyone has an idea of what I can do to resolve this issue please let me know. Listing some specs below.

ASUS PRIME Z490-P
    Intel i7 10700k

RTX 2080Ti

HyperX Fury 32GB 3200 Mhz

C Drive: Corsair Force Series MP600 1TB M.2 SSD

HDD: SeaGate BarraCuda 4TB

submitted by /u/Bagofskates
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bagofskates, Dec 21, 2020
  2. WhSmk Win User

Unable to install 20H2 and KB4568831

Unable to install updates 20H2 and KB4568831. Updates are downloaded, installed, the installation reaches 100% and everything starts from the beginning, I've tried many installation methods, nothing helps.

WhSmk, Dec 21, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 21, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

Unable to install Windows after 20H2 update

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Unable to install Windows after 20H2 update

1. Unable to install Windows after 20H2 update - Similar Threads - Unable install 20H2

2. Chrome not working after 20H2 update installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome not working after 20H2 update installation: After upgrading to 20H2 at my Firm, Chrome will open once, then never again. The Event Viewer shows the following:Faulting application name: chrome.exe, version: 97.0.4692.99, time stamp: 0x61e7429b Faulting module name: GDI32.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1202, time stamp:...
  3. Chrome not working after 20H2 update installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome not working after 20H2 update installation: After upgrading to 20H2 at my Firm, Chrome will open once, then never again. The Event Viewer shows the following:Faulting application name: chrome.exe, version: 97.0.4692.99, time stamp: 0x61e7429b Faulting module name: GDI32.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1202, time stamp:...
  4. Chrome not working after 20H2 update installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to complete WIndows 20H2 install.

Unable to complete WIndows 20H2 install.: Hello, originally I was having issues with my Windows Store functionality and was attempting to get that to work with the usual methods.At this time, I already wasn't able to update but that wasn't my focus just making that part clear.After trying every method under the sun,...
  6. Boot loop after Update to 20H2 - unable to start Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Boot loop after Update to 20H2 - unable to start Windows: Hello. I was running Windows 1909 on my Thinkpad x260. Windows forced me to install the update to 20H2, saying my current Windows would be out-of-service, and not giving me an option to delay. During the install process, it has now got stuck in a boot loop. That means, it...
  7. Webcam unable to display image after Windows update to 20H2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Webcam unable to display image after Windows update to 20H2: My web came was working fine in Windows in version 19. After update to version 20H2, webcame can on but image is not there. I've tried reinstall, disable enable, update driver but still failed. Need help URGENTLY for my Google Meeting tasks Thks -ATAI-...
  8. Unable to Recover PC after 20H2 Update Failed

Unable to Recover PC after 20H2 Update Failed: Hello, I have been trying to get my work PC's updated to 20H2. I have manged to get one PC going after much frustration. Now I am trying to update other PC. Computer requested restart to install 20H2. Restart gives completely black screen no cursor. Waited one hour, hard...
  9. After updated Windows 20H2

After updated Windows 20H2: After i updated Windows 20H2, my Microsoft Edge is being slowlier than before, I don't know the reason why but it's have some sort of things like lagging and delays when i surfing Facebook or watching Youtube with Microsoft Edge even though i didn't use any apps or games,...
  10. Unable to install windows 10 update version 20h2

Unable to install windows 10 update version 20h2: Hello Team, I am getting an error since few month when I tried to update my Windows 10 with feature 20H2. The problem still remains. After about 60% of the update process, it gets failed and Windows rolls back to its previous version. Advise me to get more insight about...