Windows 10: Unable to install Windows DVD Player

Discus and support Unable to install Windows DVD Player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; dvd player will not install I purchased the app and no joy ***Modified title from: dvd player***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LarryBassett1, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Unable to install Windows DVD Player

dvd player will not install I purchased the app and no joy

***Modified title from: dvd player***

:)

LarryBassett1, Feb 21, 2020

2. Unable to burn DVD's using Windows Meia Player

Hi Julie,

As you are unable to burn DVD using Windows Media Player, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Windows Media Player DVD and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Run the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Windows Media Player DVD and follow the on-screen instructions.

I suggest you to use your favorite search engine to search for any DVD burner software and burn the disc.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Unable to play DVDs on Windows Media Player, Windows 10

Hi Alison,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to play DVDs on Windows Media Player?
    • Are the DVDs being detected on your computer?

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Also refer to the Microsoft article to know more about: Windows
    Media Player

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Unable to install Windows DVD Player

unable to burn photos on to DVD with Windows media player in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

In regards to the issue, I require additional information to make sure that helps us to resolve the issue easily:

1) What happens when you try to burn the CD/DVD? Does it show any error message?

I suggest you to follow these methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshooting.

Step 1: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter by following the steps below, and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar next to Start
      icon, and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all option from the left side panel of the window,
    • Select Windows Media Player DVD from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option, and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    Step 2: I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to
      Start
      button and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.
    Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to disable and enable the Windows media player by following the steps below:

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Windows Media Player, right click on the top most search result and select
      Uninstall option.
    • From the window, click on Turn Windows feature on or off.
    • Expand the Media Features option from the window, and uncheck the
      Windows Media Player.
    • Follow the steps from ‘a’ to ‘c’, except check the Windows Media Player option and check if the issue is resolved.
    As a reference, click on the link below about Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/burn-cd-dvd-media-player#1TC=windows-10

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Arul_D, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Unable to install Windows DVD Player

1. Unable to install Windows DVD Player - Similar Threads - Unable install DVD

2. Installation of external dvd player.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installation of external dvd player.: With my new laptop purchase yesterday I'm not allowed to upload my vital external dvd player? I have been trying to troubleshoot all morning. My continued frustrating response on my new computer is "the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" I...
  3. Windows dvd player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows dvd player: A few days ago I bought Windows DVD Player. On my back statement, it shows: recurring payment? What does this mean? I paid for it, am I going to get charged again for this product that I have already paid for? If so, why?...
  4. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: I purchased Windows DVD player app for windows 10. It does not appear as a tile box and does not appear in the Start menu list does not autoplay and start when i insert a dvd...
  5. Unable to use subtitles in Windows DVD player

Unable to use subtitles in Windows DVD player: I purchased Windows DVD player from the app store and it plays DVDs well. The only thing is that I can't get it to display the subtitles embedded in my DVDs. I click on the little subtitles icon at the bottom left of the main DVD player screen when a DVD is playing and...
  6. Unable to play DVD’s in Windows DVD Player

Unable to play DVD’s in Windows DVD Player: Закупих и инсталирах посоченото по-горе приложение,но въпреки това не мога да възпроизвеждам DVD.Не знам защо сте изтеглили сумата 31 лв два пъти.Моля да ми възстановите сума от 62 лв. С...
  7. DVD Player will not install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Player will not install: Microsoft store sees my PC as a device but when I try to install DVD player that I paid $14.99 for it tells me there is no device to install it on? My DVD player worked just fine with Windows media player with Windows 7 but now with Windows 10 I have to buy DVD player and it...
  8. DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player

DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player: Can I change the region for DVD player in windows media player if I have DVD drive with windows dvd player installed? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-region-on-media-player-with-dvd-driver-and/cd23d83c-3505-402a-86bb-4eaf15c8f3cd
  9. windows DVD player

windows DVD player: I have bought this app in the App Store but all that appears on my screen is an unhelpful message saying that "We're attempting" to download it but with no explanation of why it is failing to download. If it won't download, how o I get my money back?...
  10. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: I was running Windows 7 and did the free upgrade to Windows 10. I know that W10 does not have Windows Media Center, which is being replaced with Windows DVD Player. Windows DVD Player is an add on App for a fee. If you upgrade, Microsoft will give you a free copy of...