Windows 10: Unable to install windows onto new SSD

Discus and support Unable to install windows onto new SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I have been trying to install windows to my brand-new SSD for 4-5 days now. I installed Ubuntu onto it first, since I plan on having a dual-boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NCSGeek, Nov 9, 2019.

1. NCSGeek Win User

Unable to install windows onto new SSD

Hello. I have been trying to install windows to my brand-new SSD for 4-5 days now. I installed Ubuntu onto it first, since I plan on having a dual-boot system. (Which I've done before)

The first issue is that the Windows Media Creation Tool keeps failing to download/burn to my USB. It give this error:
    https://i.imgur.com/pUmoOBS.png (Creation Tool Error)

Because of that error, I thought maybe my USB was faulty, since it was acting strange anyway. So I bought a new USB only to find that the same thing happened. To work around all of this I opted to manually download the ISO from Microsoft's site and burn it to my USB using Rufus. That at least allowed me to boot to the USB using UEFI. I went through the installation as normal and choose the custom install since I want to install alongside my newly installed Ubuntu. In the drive list, I tried to create a partition using the remaining free space leftover, but it gave an error. Additionally, it gave an error at the bottom saying that it cannot install to this disk because it is MBR. (Even though I think I have installed to MBR before?)

Here are screenshots of all of this:
    https://i.imgur.com/Id651qM.jpg (Initial partition list)
    https://i.imgur.com/jspMGIK.jpg (Error after trying to create a new partition)
    https://i.imgur.com/GzYoL4f.jpg (Error at the bottom of the window. Error at the bottom of the window. Shows from clicking the "Windows cant be installed on this drive" message)

I also tried using the tool to burn it to a DVD instead. It did download the ISO, but then I had to use the generic windows ISO burner to burn it to the disc. I was able to boot to the disc and even start installing Windows, but it got stuck at 95% of "Preparing files for installation" everytime. I gave it plenty of time, even letting it try to install overnight.

I can provide any information needed. I'm all out of ideas as this point. I've done clean installs of Windows **and** various linux distros multiple times, but this is the first time this has been a problem.

:)

NCSGeek, Nov 9, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Harry9001 Win User
    Unable to install any OS

Hi guys, I'm unable to install any OS. I tried ubuntu and got input/output error, tried installing window 7 error 0x80000010.

Downloaded iso's of both again and again still same result. Got a new SSD still the same, tried a different usb still the same.

I'm fed up, have been trying since the past 1 month still am unable to install.
    I've listed my specs in my profile.

PS Have even tried/changed my ram.
    Where the pug is the problem ?

I have been using live usb to work on computer for now but I need a permanent OS.

Harry9001, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Unable to install windows onto new SSD

Unable to install any OS

Ram, if a cmos clear doesnt fix it, replace the ram. check the seating of the CPU too make sure there are no bent pins

eidairaman1, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Unable to install windows onto new SSD

1. Unable to install windows onto new SSD - Similar Threads - Unable install onto

2. Installing Windows10 onto new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows10 onto new SSD: I recently built a new PC, and used the SSD from my prior build in this one so I had Windows and didn't lose any files. I have another PC fully built, but no operation system installed on the brand new SSD for it. Do I NEED to download the ISO files onto a USB Drive and...
  3. Unable to Install new SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Install new SSD: After many attempts over several days I've been unable to make any progress. I have a Lenovo desktop H50 series X64 with Windows 10 build 17134. I read Windows Overview of Disk Management and a dozens of other online sources but was unable to get this done. The SSD is...
  4. Unable to Install new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Install new SSD: After many attempts over several days I've been unable to make any progress. I have a Lenovo desktop H50 series X64 with Windows 10 build 17134. I read Windows Overview of Disk Management and a dozens of other online sources but was unable to get this done. The SSD is...
  5. Unable to Install new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD when trying to install windows 10 onto a new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when trying to install windows 10 onto a new ssd: I put a new SSD in my PC and attempted to install Windows 10.I selected 64 bit and I then see 'loading files'Then BSOD system_thread_exception_not_handled.I am then in a loop of restarts.I removed my graphics card using onboard graphics and wireless adaptor but this made no...
  7. Installing Windows onto an external SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows onto an external SSD?: So, Windows 11 builds are coming, we all know that. I'm wondering if there is a way to clean install Windows (can't imagine the process would be any different for Win11 than Win10) onto a 2.5inch SATA SSD in an external USB box. Why? Because I don't want to sacrifice my...
  8. unplugged my SSD and HDD, installed windows onto a new SSD, unplugged new SSD and plugged...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unplugged my SSD and HDD, installed windows onto a new SSD, unplugged new SSD and plugged...: submitted by /u/aaronjusmith [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jmrku0/unplugged_my_ssd_and_hdd_installed_windows_onto_a/
  9. [Solved] Recover Windows onto new SSD

[Solved] Recover Windows onto new SSD: Unable to recover your PC. The system drive is too small." On the recovery drive there are 2 xml files which contain variables related to the system restore process. The file causing the issue described is called "$PBR_ResetConfig.xml", located in \sources\. Open the...
  10. Install Win10 ISO onto new SSD drive?

Install Win10 ISO onto new SSD drive?: Hi All, A few days ago I got a new Win8.1 laptop that I smoothly upgraded to Win10. This laptop now shows as being registered with Microsoft. I just now purchased a 250GB SSD that will arrive in a week or so. I want to install Win10 on this new drive. A friend just gave me a...