Windows 10: Unable to install Windows over network with WDS server

Discus and support Unable to install Windows over network with WDS server in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am attempting to push an image out to many Win 10 computers. The issue being that when the NVMe drive is set to RAID On, Windows says it cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alexander_K17, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Unable to install Windows over network with WDS server

I am attempting to push an image out to many Win 10 computers. The issue being that when the NVMe drive is set to RAID On, Windows says it cannot install to the partition no matter what I do. I've tried fully deleting it, formatting it, formatting the bare minimum to install Windows on, no matter what it will not install on the drive. However, when I switch to AHCI mode in the BIOS it will install, but then after the install it states that no boot device was found. All of the fixes I've seen online pertain to individual computer setups, not mass deployment WDS installations. To enact those fixes on over 30 computers would be a tremendous time sink, not to mention those fixes all apply to a vanilla Windows install, not a captured image with custom software like I am pushing. I just need a way to install this through WDS and have it actually work.

:)

Alexander_K17, Oct 10, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Unable to install Windows 10 Enterprise x64 through the WDS server.. (Windows Server 2012 R2)

Hello Everyone,

I have a LAB for practice on virtualization (Hyper-V) and i have configured a WDS server on Windows Server 2012 R2 and added some images, all other images are working fine instead of Windows 10 Enterprise x64, all the steps are completing but at the last
    moment i am getting bellow error...

I have added this image to WDS server from Windows 10 Enterprise x64 DVD that is working fine in manual installation with DVD drive..

Error....

Unable to install Windows over network with WDS server 222bc426-1903-4f19-9cfc-243d8a655d1f?upload=true.jpg

ZeeshanAnzum, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Unable to install Windows over network with WDS server

Western Digital Launches the WD Sentinel DX4200 Storage Server

WD, a Western Digital company and world leader in storage solutions, is expanding its business-class NAS portfolio with the WD Sentinel DX4200 storage server. The WD Sentinel DX4200 is a complete solution using Windows Storage Server, designed to meet the demands of today's small-to-medium sized businesses (SMBs) by combining Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 workgroup operating system and the Intel Atom C2338 Dual Core CPU.

With up to 16 TB of capacity, the WD Sentinel DX4200 enables small businesses to expand their office storage by upgrading the drives as the demands of their businesses grow. The WD Sentinel DX4200 is an ideal backup solution and provides SMBs the advantages of on-premise centralized storage.

Unable to install Windows over network with WDS server WD_Sentinel_DX4200_01_thm.jpg

"The WD Sentinel DX4200 provides the enterprise grade storage and file services capabilities of Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 workgroup, in a compact package that is ideal for to the SMB segment," said John Loveall, Principal Program Manager, Windows Server and System Center, Microsoft. "We are pleased to work with WD to serve our mutual customers."

Whether personal or professional, digital content and important files are invaluable and often irreplaceable. WD's Sentinel DX4200 utilizing Windows Storage Server provides several ways for businesses to protect their information without user intervention. The device comes pre-populated with WD Se enterprise-class drives, Windows Storage Spaces for data protection, backup software, redundant networking ports and a redundant power option.

Best-in-Class Data Protection
    WD Sentinel DX 4200 provides data protection for every device on the small office network and is supported by one-year of WD Guardian Services.
    • The Drives Inside: Pre-configured with WD's award-winning enterprise-class drives for durability and reliability.
    • Storage Spaces: Featuring simple, mirrored and parity volume configurations for data protection and speed.
    • WD SmartWare Pro Backup: backup and recovery software provides data back-up for up to 25 devices on your network.
    • Redundant Network Connectivity: Dual-redundant Gigabit Ethernet supports teaming modes like Adaptive Fault Tolerance (AFT) which automatically switches to the second network port in the event of a network failure, Adaptive Load Balancing to share the network load and provide fault tolerance in the event of switch port, cable or adapter failure, and Static Link Aggregation for increased network throughput by transmitting over both network adapters.
    • Optional Disaster Recovery Protection: Connect to the small business cloud provided by optional disaster recovery software and store your data offsite for disaster recovery.
    • Boot Drive: Pre-installed activated operating system.
    WD Guardian Services for Small Business
    The WD Sentinel DX4200 is backed by WD's world-class customer service and support. All WD Sentinel DX4200 small business customers will get WD Guardian Pro for one year from the time of the first call. WD Sentinel customers may wish to upgrade their service plan to one of two options:
    • WD Guardian Pro: Offers a one year support agreement with WD service, express parts replacement and priority access to technical support.
    • Guardian Extended Care: Service that extends the product warranty from the standard two-year limited warranty (see support.wdc.com for terms and conditions) to five years.
    Price and Availability
    WD Sentinel DX4200 small office storage server is available at select U.S. retailers and online at the wdstore.com. MSRP is $1699.99 USD for 8 TB and $2199.99 USD for the 16 TB.

Cristian_25H, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Unable to install Windows over network with WDS server

1. Unable to install Windows over network with WDS server - Similar Threads - Unable install network

2. WDS server Login issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WDS server Login issue: I have installed WDS service on a standalone 2019 Windows server. On client side as I click on the boot.wim it takes me to the language setup screen but when i proceed with the next button a login windows pops up asking for user logins to connect to this server. I type in the...
  3. WDS server Login issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WDS server Login issue: I have installed WDS service on a standalone 2019 Windows server. On client side as I click on the boot.wim it takes me to the language setup screen but when i proceed with the next button a login windows pops up asking for user logins to connect to this server. I type in the...
  4. WDS server Login issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WDS server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WDS server: Hi teamI have WDS server. And i captured customizing windows 10 and it is working well with the laptops. Now i need to upgrade the captured image with Win11 but I can't take windows capture with sysprep. Is there any solution for Win 11 ? or if there are any other solutions...
  6. WDS server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WDS server: Hi teamI have WDS server. And i captured customizing windows 10 and it is working well with the laptops. Now i need to upgrade the captured image with Win11 but I can't take windows capture with sysprep. Is there any solution for Win 11 ? or if there are any other solutions...
  7. WDS server

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. WDS - configuring the unattended install correctly

WDS - configuring the unattended install correctly: Hi Everyone, I have been struggling trying to get this going now and I have been working on this for about a month now (on and off) with little progress. My goals for the unattended install are as follows: - not have to enter admin credentials to proceed with the install -...
  9. Unable to install Windows 10 Enterprise x64 through the WDS server.. (Windows Server 2012 R2)

Unable to install Windows 10 Enterprise x64 through the WDS server.. (Windows Server 2012 R2): Hello Everyone, I have a LAB for practice on virtualization (Hyper-V) and i have configured a WDS server on Windows Server 2012 R2 and added some images, all other images are working fine instead of Windows 10 Enterprise x64, all the steps are completing but at the last...
  10. Unable to share files over Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to share files over Network: Unable to share files over Network I'm wondering if the requirement to log in is what's preventing me sharing on my network - on which 4 other laptops running Windows 10 are all happily communicating with the same sharing permissions as I've set up on this one. When I try...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to install over the network