Windows 10: Unable to install Windows using bootable USB.

Discus and support Unable to install Windows using bootable USB. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had Windows 10 installed in my machine and the C: drive was bitlocker encrypted. Now, that my system crashed, I want to install Windows afresh. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chinmaya Padhi, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Unable to install Windows using bootable USB.

I had Windows 10 installed in my machine and the C: drive was bitlocker encrypted. Now, that my system crashed, I want to install Windows afresh.

But while booting the USB drive, the drives don't show up. It asked me to load drives so tried loading drivers but that didn't work. I am using an ASUS X555LJ laptop.

Why are the disks not showing up while there were 2 drives in the system ? Please let me know what driversany specific name would help do I need to load so that the Windows setup can detect the drives for installation.

Please help me with what do I need to do in this case. Any possible way to install Windows again is appreciated. I just tried everything I could. Maybe the encrypted drive is causing the issue. Please help me with this.

:)

Chinmaya Padhi, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Aug 22, 2020
  3. streetfighter 2, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Kantastic Win User

Unable to install Windows using bootable USB.

Bootable Vista Installer

I have a friend who has a Vista Home Premium key (from the bottom of his laptop) and his HDD crapped out so he ordered a new one. His repair disks didn't work and neither of us have CD's with a large enough capacity to store the files we 'found' on the interwebz, so I'm trying to install it from a bootable USB.

I got up to the step where I successfully turned the USB into an active partition, but I ran into a problem the moment I needed to access the boot sector.

Can someone kindly walk me through the steps?

Kantastic, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Unable to install Windows using bootable USB.

1. Unable to install Windows using bootable USB. - Similar Threads - Unable install using

2. Installing Windows from Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows from Bootable USB: My laptop Razerblade base model late 2019 had an issues as everytime I tried to bootup it would result in CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and so I cleaned and formatted my SSD and HDD through CMD and tried to reinstall Windows 10 however it came up with the error 0x800701B1 during the...
  3. Installing Windows from Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows from Bootable USB: My laptop Razerblade base model late 2019 had an issues as everytime I tried to bootup it would result in CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and so I cleaned and formatted my SSD and HDD through CMD and tried to reinstall Windows 10 however it came up with the error 0x800701B1 during the...
  4. Installing Windows from Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstalling Windows Using USB but No bootable device.

Reinstalling Windows Using USB but No bootable device.: So, When I was using windows i got a No bootable device, After I waited for 2 says my USB came with windows iso file inside it. I selected it and it worked but i turned my pc off in the Repair my computer and I tried reinstalling again but its shows No bootable device i...
  6. Unable to install windows using UEFI USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to install windows using UEFI USB: Every time I try booting into the UEFI mode of my usb drive it gets stuck in a bootloop. I can boot into the legacy mode of my bootable media, but using an MBR partition scheme instead of GPT is out of the question, because I'm dual booting and can't survive without REFInd or...
  7. Is it safe to update windows using a bootable USB?

Is it safe to update windows using a bootable USB?: Hello, My HP Stream 14 Notebook never has enough space for an update, so I was wondering if I could use the Media Creation Tool to update my system. Can anybody tell me theEXACT steps to UPGRADE Windows 10, not a clean install....
  8. Installing windows from a bootable USB

Installing windows from a bootable USB: I have just finished putting together my new PC and I am struggling to install windows. I am using a Macbook to make my bootable USB. I have tried using a bootable USB made with Bootcamp assistant - the USB came up in bios but it would not boot into the windows install...
  9. windows 10 installation problem using bootable usb

windows 10 installation problem using bootable usb: I have HP Pavilion g4 laptop running on windows 7 x64. I tried to install windows 10 with a bootable usb, but it kept on showing one error saying "a media device driver that your computer needs is missing". Any help will be appreciated....
  10. Unable to reset or recover Windows 10 using bootable USB drive

Unable to reset or recover Windows 10 using bootable USB drive: Hello! I initially had Windows 7 on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I tried to factory restore, but the original partition with the manufacturer files was missing. I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 for free, as I had an activated Widows 7 OS. The upgrade was successful, but...