Windows 10: unable to installing games

Discus and support unable to installing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can't install play 7 wonders ll cd games on windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarvaStevenson, Jan 8, 2020.

1. unable to installing games

I can't install play 7 wonders ll cd games on windows 10

:)

MarvaStevenson, Jan 8, 2020

2. Unable to install a game on Windows 10.

Hello Garrett,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to install the game on your computer.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you the administrator of the user profile?
    • What is the error message/error code you get on trying to install the game on computer?
    • Did you check if the game is compatible with the current operating system?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the game software with the current operating system on your computer.

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, i suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

c. Check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jan 8, 2020
  4. unable to installing games

installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

unable to installing games

1. unable to installing games - Similar Threads - unable installing games

2. Gaming Services unable to install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gaming Services unable to install: Recently i got my sister the xbox game pass ultimate so she could play dreamlight valley on her laptop but for some reason i absolutely cannot get gaming services to install. At first we would get an error in the xbox app when trying to sign in saying something about an...
  3. Gaming Services unable to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Services unable to install: Recently i got my sister the xbox game pass ultimate so she could play dreamlight valley on her laptop but for some reason i absolutely cannot get gaming services to install. At first we would get an error in the xbox app when trying to sign in saying something about an...
  4. Gaming Services unable to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to Install my Game

Unable to Install my Game: Edit: Sorry for the cringy gamertag, Xbox random generated gamertags screwed me over. Changed it but I guess it didn't change here.I am using a Dell Inspiron 15 5591 2 in 1 if that matters running Windows 11 22H2 build 22621 yea im a nerd.GPU: Intel UHD Graphics probably...
  6. Unable to Install my Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Install my Game: I am using a Dell Inspiron 15 5591 2 in 1 if that matters running Windows 11 22H2 build 22621 yea im a nerd.GPU: Intel UHD Graphics probably integrated but idkCPU: IntelR CoreTM i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHzRAM: 32.0 GB 31.8 GB usableCapable of running Halo MCC and...
  7. Unable to install game to D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install game to D drive: I just bought Forza 5 and do not have enough space on my C drive for the game. This is a family PC and there are several other accounts on it. I've already set my default to the D drive but when I try to install it it says there is not enough space and does not give me an...
  8. Unable to install games.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to install games.: Hello! I have downloaded resident evil 5 from ocean of games site. As soon as it downloads, windows defender detects it as a threat and hampers the installation. Should I add it as an exception to the windows firewall? I want to play this game very badly......
  9. Unable to install Minecraft game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Minecraft game: So i bought a copy of minecraft, and I saw that people are getting help for it here since microsoft owns it now. This is my only option left since the dedicated microsoft support staff for the game are ignoring my tickets and requests. I bought the game and it wont give it to...
  10. Unable to start up an installed game

Unable to start up an installed game: I have been unable to start up Seekers Notes Hidden Mystery for the last 2 days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-start-up-an-installed-game/7d8e12d0-8325-47ba-bb40-975785cda167