Windows 10: Unable to interact with any settings menu as of August 18th 2019

Discus and support Unable to interact with any settings menu as of August 18th 2019 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having a few issues recently with Windows 10. I did try making a video using the Windows game bar recorder to put a video on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ClaudeWill, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Unable to interact with any settings menu as of August 18th 2019

Hello,

I have been having a few issues recently with Windows 10. I did try making a video using the Windows game bar recorder to put a video on YouTube of the issue. However, I am having an issue say when I go to Windows update and try to click on the "Download" button, it starts cycling through the different links on the right column of that menu. With the game bar for example when I tried to record my screen, it wouldn't allow me to exit out of any of the additional things that popped up or let me click the record button. It just started highlighting and cycling through different options. I was wondering if anyone knows of any possible fix for this?

I have done a fresh install of Windows twice within the past week and 3 days. As soon as it installs the first set of Windows update the issue starts. I have also run sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth with no success in finding any errors. If I try to repair the operating system using my OEM disk or a Windows installation media on a USB creating using the installation media creator, It fails to succeed in any repair option giving me only the ability to reinstall Windows fresh which doesn't help.

Thanks,

:)

ClaudeWill, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Unable to interact with the content on the secondary monitor

I have three monitors plugged into a evga GTX 1060 ACX 2.0, the system is running latest Windows 10 pro.

Every night I put the computer to sleep. Occasionally, and more frequently the past week, I wake the computer in the morning to find very strange behavior:

• Whatever monitor is my main display works perfectly
    • Secondary monitors turn on and show the last content they had (any open browsers, programs, etc)
    • I can move my mouse into the secondary screens and see it moving around just fine
    • When I click or do any kind of interaction on those screen, the visuals do not update (again, mouse around moving is fine)
      • Click a window, the window focus never shows; scroll or press a button on a website, doesn't show any changes; click the Windows button, menu doesn't open
    • However, I can still interact with the screens despite not being able to see what I'm changing
      • Drag a window off the screen and it magically appears on the main display; press the 1-Click buy on an Amazon item, receive it 2-5 business days later
    • Changing the main display changes the screen I can interact with
    • Mucking with the resolution of the secondary monitors does not fix the issue but it does update their visuals
    • Display driver details:
      • Date: 2018-11-12
      • Version: 25.21.14.1694
    • I am in the process of downloading NVidia 2019 drivers to see if that helps

The only fix I've found so far (with my limited experience debugging display issues) is restarting the computer. Help!

***Modified title from: Secondary display content is frozen, can still see mouse and "interact" with frozen windows***

sean.hudson, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Unable to interact with any settings menu as of August 18th 2019

Microsoft August 2019 Security Updates

August 2019 Security Updates

Release Date: August 13, 2019

The August security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Microsoft Windows
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Edge
    • ChakraCore
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • Visual Studio
    • Online Services
    • Active Directory
    • Microsoft Dynamics
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever
      a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft
      Update Catalog
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    • Starting in May 2019, Internet Explorer 11 is available on Windows Server 2012. This configuration is present only in the IE Cumulative package.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.

Known Issues

[table][tr][td]4511553[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1809, Windows Server 2019[/td][/tr][tr][td]4511872[/td][td]Internet Explorer[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512476[/td][td]Windows Server 2008 SP2 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512482[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512486[/td][td]Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512488[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512489[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512491[/td][td]Windows Server 2008 SP2 (Security-only Update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512497[/td][td]Windows 10[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512501[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1803, Windows Server version 1803[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512506[/td][td]Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512507[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1703[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512508[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1903, Windows Server version 1903[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512516[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1709[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512517[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512518[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][/table]

NICK ADSL UK, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Unable to interact with any settings menu as of August 18th 2019

1. Unable to interact with any settings menu as of August 18th 2019 - Similar Threads - Unable interact settings

2. Windows Settings app and Start Menu acting weird to mouse interactions. Any guesses?...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Settings app and Start Menu acting weird to mouse interactions. Any guesses?...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/batuhankrmn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/isyoee/windows_settings_app_and_start_menu_acting_weird/
  3. New Twitter PWA update released - November 18th 2019

in Windows 10 News
    New Twitter PWA update released - November 18th 2019: It’s been a second! We’ve been hard at work cleaning up from our big July launch and creating some larger features. Here’s the highlights of what’s been going on recently. New Explore more: We’ve added tabs to the explore tab to help organize all the content that lives...
  4. This Week on Xbox: August 30, 2019

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: August 30, 2019: flS8PFZtfow We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...
  5. August 18th update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    August 18th update: After the update finished Sunday night I restarted on Monday the 19th and I am stuck at the Welcome screen. The device I am having a problem with is a Surface tablet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/august-18th-update/e34a3caa-3209-4852-9ee2-77de811ba8de
  6. This Week on Xbox: August 16, 2019

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: August 16, 2019: YgZLTmRnHNw We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...
  7. Microsoft August 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft August 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes August 2019 Security Updates Release Date: August 13, 2019 The August security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge ChakraCore Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and...
  8. > Microsoft August 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    > Microsoft August 2019 Security Updates: Release NotesAugust 2019 Security UpdatesRelease Date: August 13, 2019The August security release consists of security updates for the following software:Microsoft WindowsInternet ExplorerMicrosoft EdgeChakraCoreMicrosoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web...
  9. This Week on Xbox: August 9, 2019

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: August 9, 2019: t82dC75VEFY We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...
  10. This Week on Xbox: August 2, 2019

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: August 2, 2019: p70Kkcv4mJ8 We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...