Windows 10: unable to join any wireless WiFi on Alienware 17 R5 laptop running win10

Discus and support unable to join any wireless WiFi on Alienware 17 R5 laptop running win10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve been having a couple problems with my computer including constant booting errors and now this. For the booting errors, it basically just takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hentaigirlz1, Dec 14, 2019.

1. unable to join any wireless WiFi on Alienware 17 R5 laptop running win10

I’ve been having a couple problems with my computer including constant booting errors and now this. For the booting errors, it basically just takes forever to boot and I end up having to reboot my laptop until it goes into automatic repair mode, but now this has happened. The sound icon has an x over it and the WiFi option has completely disappeared. I’ve tried about everything on google and nothing seems to work. I’ve even tried factory resetting the laptop, but due to the booting errors, it never works. I’ll link a few Imgur links for reference but If anyone can help or refer me to someone who can, I’d be happy! If you need any more images, I can provide as much as needed.

https://imgur.com/gallery/LpsRfcA (no sound or WiFi)

https://imgur.com/gallery/LpsRfcA (network settings)

submitted by /u/hentaigirlz1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hentaigirlz1, Dec 14, 2019
  2. param Win User

Unable to Join Homegroup either on Laptop or Desktop

Hello,

After upgrading both Desktop & Laptop to Win 10, I am not able to JOIN Homegroup. Both computers show the option Homegroup: READY TO CREATE. Nomally when a Homegroup is created through one of the computers in network, Second or other computers should show it as READY TO JOIN. But that is not happening.

Internet works on the both computers. I can even see each other computer in Network. But Laptop, most of the times, is unable to open up shared Desktop and shows Path error.

Using TP Link MR3420 Wifi Router. DHCP enabled.
    Desktop using Belkin Wifi Dongle to connect to wifi network.
    Laptop (Lenovo) has builtin Wifi.

Any suggestions/solution please ?

param, Dec 14, 2019
  3. SJMaye Win User
    Cannot turn on wireless adapter after clean install of Win10

A couple years ago I upgraded my brother's Lenovo T420 Thinkpad from Win7 to Win10. All went well. No issues at all. Skip to present. For some reason the system would not boot to Windows. I opted to do a clean install. That went without issue, except now I cannot seem to turn on the wireless adapter / radio.

• Windows Wifi settings radio is ON
    • Checked physical switch on side - ON
    • Checked BIOS - Nothing there
    • Checked Wireless ON/Off function key. They seem to work with other functions. Just do not turn on or off the wireless radio.
    • Went to Intel website and installed latest driver for the adapter
    • Went to Lenovo website. They do not offer Windows 10 support/driver etc for this model. When I try using their automated scanner to select the correct drivers and utilities it locks up. I assume because I am running Win10 and Win10 is not supported.
    • Since the original WIn7 x64 drivers and utilities worked before I was going to manually download and install, but their nomenclature is confusing. Software is listed Thinkpad, Laptop, Desktop, ThinkCentre. This is a Thinkpad laptop. Which do I download?

The bottom line is that the wireless adapter worked fine after upgrade from Win7, but will not turn on since the clean install of Win10.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than tell my brother I broke his laptop *Eek

SJMaye, Dec 14, 2019
  4. unable to join any wireless WiFi on Alienware 17 R5 laptop running win10

trying to join a homegroup with my new Dell XPS 15 Laptop

Hi,

There are different factors that can contribute to the concern why your computer is not able to join the HomeGroup properly. For us to resolve your concern kindly answer the questions below:

• Aside from the error message you mentioned, were there any other error messages that showed up when you attempted to connect the laptop to the HomeGroup?
    • Are both devices on the same network? If they are, is this through a WiFi connection or LAN connection?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that to follow these steps to run the Windows built in troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting
      in the search box and hit enter.
    • Select the Troubleshooting app.
    • Select the view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Look for the Homegroup option from the list and select it.
    • Click Next to run the Troubleshooter.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

unable to join any wireless WiFi on Alienware 17 R5 laptop running win10

1. unable to join any wireless WiFi on Alienware 17 R5 laptop running win10 - Similar Threads - unable join wireless

2. alienware 17 R5 problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alienware 17 R5 problems: I reinstalled windows 11 on my alienware 17 R5 gaming laptop. It has a NVidia 1070 video card has a main graphic card and a intel HD 650 video card thats not used. My problem is when my computer monitor goes out from not using it for awhile it won't come back on when i wiggle...
  3. alienware 17 R5 problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alienware 17 R5 problems: I reinstalled windows 11 on my alienware 17 R5 gaming laptop. It has a NVidia 1070 video card has a main graphic card and a intel HD 650 video card thats not used. My problem is when my computer monitor goes out from not using it for awhile it won't come back on when i wiggle...
  4. Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: This computer was purchased 5 years ago and within the first year it began experiencing BSOD errors which occured perhaps once every 2 months.Two years into owning the computer and BSOD errors continued to happen more often to the point where, as soon as windows booted up,...
  5. Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: This computer was purchased 5 years ago and within the first year it began experiencing BSOD errors which occured perhaps once every 2 months.Two years into owning the computer and BSOD errors continued to happen more often to the point where, as soon as windows booted up,...
  6. Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Alienware 17 R5/17 R4 Missing New OS Upgrades!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alienware 17 R5/17 R4 Missing New OS Upgrades!: I have two Alienware laptops as described in the title...both with Windows 10 Pro installed when purchased. I keep them updated with the security updates released each month. But I have yet to see any Microsoft Windows 10 version releases to download and install via Windows...
  8. Alienware 17 R5 Crash While Gaming

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alienware 17 R5 Crash While Gaming: Hello everyone, I am writing this post because I have a problem with my computer that no matter how hard I try I have not been able to fix it. I even brought it to computer repair center and the computer still has the same problem, although it got fixed for a few days....
  9. Thunderbolt display & Alienware 17 r5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thunderbolt display & Alienware 17 r5: I am having an issue where I am trying to connect a thunderbolt display and when connected it gives me a promt to connect or do not connect. I select connect, but it is not connecting. the display only shows up in attached devices saying its not connected....
  10. touchpad alienware R5 17" autoscrolling nonstop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touchpad alienware R5 17" autoscrolling nonstop: I have a Dell Alienware 17" R5 laptop. I'm trying to disable the autoscroll feature on the touchpad. It's especially annoying in chrome or in adobe pdfs. I've tried all the settings in Alienware "pointing" devices to no avail as well as disabling, uninstalling and...