Windows 10: Unable to Join HomeGroup

Discus and support Unable to Join HomeGroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I set up a homegroup years ago.. and had it set to two computers linked up and ready to go. Now we moved, got new everything and trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johnszalanski, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Unable to Join HomeGroup

Hello everyone. I set up a homegroup years ago.. and had it set to two computers linked up and ready to go. Now we moved, got new everything and trying to set it up again but its showing my old homegroup.

I can ether click on (Change Adv Settings) or Troubleshoot.

Also Join now key.. it ask for a password and at that point iv tried everything i could think of.

Iv tried to watch youtube videos on fixing it but can't find the same problem.

Any Help?

Thank you

:)

johnszalanski, Jul 23, 2016
  2. Hoagie09 Win User

Homegroup unable to join

My computer has auto created a homegroup and I am unable to join it because I do not know the password it has created. I can not find the show password in the homegroup because I am unable to join the homegroup.

Ian

Hoagie09, Jul 23, 2016
  3. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 (KB3189866)

I can confirm that it also completely breaks the homegroup,tried using homegroup on this update and get error unable to create homegroup or join homegroup

DylanTurnerZH, Jul 23, 2016
Thema:

Unable to Join HomeGroup

1. Unable to Join HomeGroup - Similar Threads - Unable Join HomeGroup

2. Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10: I have a new Windows 10 computer, and I'm trying to join the existing homegroup in my home (which currently includes Windows 8 laptop and Windows 7 desktop), but to no avail. I tried to follow the instructions written by Shawn Brink in this forum: Open File Explorer,...
  3. Joining a HomeGroup

Joining a HomeGroup: I have been trying to join 2 laptops to a HomeGroup set up and there is no option showing to join. There are several guides that I've seen and all show options that do not appear on either laptop I'm trying to join with. Supposedly ther is a HomeGroup option within the...
  4. About Homegroup Joining/creating Option

About Homegroup Joining/creating Option: hi ! I created homegroup from windows 7 , and wanted to join from windows 10 home , but I could not see any option of Homegroup to join or create in Windows 10 , but Pc in the Network was visible and opened too. But shared folder could not be opened. The shared Printer...
  5. Unable to Join Homegroup either on Laptop or Desktop

Unable to Join Homegroup either on Laptop or Desktop: Hello, After upgrading both Desktop & Laptop to Win 10, I am not able to JOIN Homegroup. Both computers show the option Homegroup: READY TO CREATE. Nomally when a Homegroup is created through one of the computers in network, Second or other computers should show it as...
  6. Unable to join homegroup, but from my computer

Unable to join homegroup, but from my computer: Hi, When I go to homegroup it says "my@emailaddress.com on MyComputer created a domain on the network." There are no other computers on the network and I do not have a password to join I have tried to delete:...
  7. Can't Join or Delete Homegroup

Can't Join or Delete Homegroup: I have a 3 PC ("Server" and two others) home network. On my Server, OLDLOCALUSER created a Homegroup in Win7. I upgraded all 3 PCs from Win7 to Win10. On my Server, I changed my OLDLOCALUSER to NEWMSACCOUNT. I also created NEWMSACCOUNT on the two other PCs. I lost the...
  8. Not able to join HOMEGROUP on Windows10 Pro

Not able to join HOMEGROUP on Windows10 Pro: Hi All, I have 2 Dell Alienware PC's. Both are running on Windows10Pro 64 BIT. One is a laptop and the other one is a Desktop. Both systems areconnected to the same and only network and not any domain whatsoever. The problem is, when I try to create a Homegroup on...
  9. Cannot join HomeGroup

Cannot join HomeGroup: I have two computers, my desktop and my laptop which is a Lenovo T520 Thinkpad. My laptop is connected to a D-Link Smart switch via Cat 7 which is connected to my router as well as my desktop. I originally created a Home group on my desktop and then went to Home group on my...
  10. Join Homegroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Homegroup in Windows 10: How to: Join Homegroup in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream media to...