Windows 10: Unable to keep Ipod open

Discus and support Unable to keep Ipod open in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, everyone. I'm trying to transfer my music from my Ipod classic to my new laptop but whenever I connect the Ipod to the PC, it sees the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SouthwestJohnny, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Unable to keep Ipod open

Hey, everyone.

I'm trying to transfer my music from my Ipod classic to my new laptop but whenever I connect the Ipod to the PC, it sees the device for maybe 30 seconds to a minute, then disappears and I'm unable to access the Ipod at all, or even see the device on my screen until I plug it back in again, and then the same thing happens again. I have Windows 10. Any idea what could be wrong? Thanks!

:)

SouthwestJohnny, Jul 1, 2019
  2. garyjd Win User

Ipod will not sync and is not recognized by usb port

I have a Dell Inspiron 24 (7459) 7000 Series with Windows 10. I am unable to get either of my Ipod Nanos (6th and 7th generation) to sync with iTunes. Neither device will sync and does not show up as being connected to the pc. I've tried to resolve the issues by looking at a number of articles and videos with no success. The ipods will charge but are not recognized by the pc. I had issues with my pc a week ago and had to reformat. Before this my ipod worked fine. Any other suggestions outside of what's on the internet?

garyjd, Jul 1, 2019
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Syncing iPod and Laptop running Windows 10

First thing I suggest is to go to a different machine all together and see if the cable and iPod work.

Sometimes it can be a bad cable.

Also when you open file explorer can you see it listed in there?

SarahKong, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Unable to keep Ipod open

iPod Nano 4th generation

There's a similar thread here in the Community with the same issue, and Community member

LikeRoxyStar
    have shared a solution that worked for. We suggest checking it out by clicking this link.

Just scroll down to the very bottom of the first page of the thread and you will see the steps she did to resolve the issue.

Let us know how it turned out for you.

Joanna 777, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Unable to keep Ipod open

1. Unable to keep Ipod open - Similar Threads - Unable keep Ipod

2. ipod loading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ipod loading: I have an old ipod and I am trying to load mp3 files to it, but the ipod will not upload the mp3. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipod-loading/4c4cf609-c0a5-4508-9f08-054f43633999
  3. ipod loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ipod loading: I have an old ipod and I am trying to load mp3 files to it, but the ipod will not upload the mp3. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipod-loading/4c4cf609-c0a5-4508-9f08-054f43633999
  4. open email photos sent from ipod or ipad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    open email photos sent from ipod or ipad: any ideas why emailed photos won't open up in my Hotmail. They do open in others Hotmail accounts. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-email-photos-sent-from-ipod-or-ipad/ece14017-cddb-4946-9e74-6f11cd752005
  5. IPod

IPod: I have I-tunes loaded on my computer. I want to purchase music, add it to my library and then download the new music to my I-pod. I plugged the I-pod into the port on my computer and I got this error message "This I-pod cannot be used because it is not supported on this...
  6. iPod Problem

iPod Problem: Split from this thread. <<When I connect my ipod to my computer and open iTunes, it says "This ipod cannot be used because it is not supported on this version of windows". >> I get the same error message. Windows 10 Home in S mode....
  7. iPod support

iPod support: I’m running the latest version of windows 64 bit on a Samsung galaxy book 2. Whenever, I connect my 4th gen nano I get a message that the device is not supported by this version of windows. Can this be fixed?...
  8. Compatible ipods

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Compatible ipods: Itunes & older ipods compatible with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatible-ipods/98e36d7a-b31d-499e-955d-cadf8f7539eb"
  9. ipod recognition

ipod recognition: having trouble with getting the computer to recognize the ipod . Also the icloud is not functioning on iTunes , it keeps giving me the password section and not recognizing when I enter the information....
  10. Ipod not recognized

Ipod not recognized: My Ipod is currently not recognized, something has changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/ipod-not-recognized/0c1cdc2a-ed28-421d-9d3b-67a78e37fc95