Windows 10: Unable to launch applications in RDP session

Discus and support Unable to launch applications in RDP session in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Issue: User is unable to launch applications when connected to a device through RDP To clarify: RDP connection itself is successful. User is can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Magan Zanella, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Unable to launch applications in RDP session

Issue: User is unable to launch applications when connected to a device through RDP

To clarify:

RDP connection itself is successful. User is can access device. But when user clicks an application, it does not launch.

User IS able to launch applications when signed into destination device directly.

Other users are not encountering issues opening applications when connected via RDP on the same devices.

Issue seems to occur only on this users specific profile.

Any suggestions?

:)

Magan Zanella, Sep 19, 2018

2. Application Re-sizing after RDP Sessions

I recently upgraded a pc to windows10 and the user is complaining of finding applications re-sized when they return to the workstation after one or more RDP sessions throughout the building. This only affects the monitor they were using for those applications.
    Thus far I've tried updating video drivers and changing the RDP connection options under display to the native resolution of the target machine. Any help would be much appreciated.

EricFerguson_91, Sep 19, 2018
  3. kb4025342 causes cursor issues in rdp sessions

The termsrv.dll changes in kb4025342 are causing issues for me in RDP sessions. When I open an RDP session the cursor is so small that I am unable to see it when editing text which is extremely annoying. I keep having to uninstall this update to fix the
    issue, but then it auto-installs again.

DanielLadd, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Unable to launch applications in RDP session

RDP fails to launch

Hello Don,

RDP may fail to launch if the app is corrupted, if there is a a corrupted or missing system file, or if there is a software conflict between the application and the system. To help you resolve this, kindly answer these questions:

• Were there any recent changes made prior to the issue?
    • Was there an exact error message that you get?

What we recommend is that you run the App Troubleshooter. The automated troubleshooter will help you
    resolve discrepancies in installing or launching apps.

We look forward to your response.

Vanessa Oca, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Unable to launch applications in RDP session

1. Unable to launch applications in RDP session - Similar Threads - Unable launch applications

2. RDP Application Collection remote app session disconnects to often to use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Application Collection remote app session disconnects to often to use: I have an application set up in a collection on 2019 DC. Due to the RDP session disconnecting constantly my users are not able to use the shortcut to the remote application as once they get connected it drops the connection. I am at a loss as to why this is happening. Anyone...
  3. RDP Application Collection remote app session disconnects to often to use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP Application Collection remote app session disconnects to often to use: I have an application set up in a collection on 2019 DC. Due to the RDP session disconnecting constantly my users are not able to use the shortcut to the remote application as once they get connected it drops the connection. I am at a loss as to why this is happening. Anyone...
  4. RDP Application Collection remote app session disconnects to often to use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. RDP session becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP session becomes unresponsive: Hello,In my company we have an HP server with the Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation operating system. We have been using it for four years, mainly through RDP. About a month ago, the sessions to the server from the work terminals began to be interrupted. We read a lot on the...
  6. RDP session becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP session becomes unresponsive: Hello,In my company we have an HP server with the Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation operating system. We have been using it for four years, mainly through RDP. About a month ago, the sessions to the server from the work terminals began to be interrupted. We read a lot on the...
  7. RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager: I recently updated my work computer to Windows 11 about bought a new laptop that also uses Windows 11. When I work from home I used Remote Desktop Connection to log into my work computer. I'm fine for a decent number of hours but then suddenly I get bumped from the work...
  8. Unable to launch application on secondary disk

Unable to launch application on secondary disk: Hi ! I've been looking for a while now to find the origin of a problem I had with games installed on my second drive they closed at launch. After contacting customer service and posting several messages on the forum, I still haven't resolved my problem. So I can't launch...
  9. "g" key sticks in RDP sessions

"g" key sticks in RDP sessions: Hello, Lately in the past few days or so we've had multiple users with the same issue. Whenever I enter any RDP session in full-screen mode, the "g" key is stuck. It inputs "g" over and over every 3-4 seconds. Is anyone else experiencing this?...
  10. RDP session

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP session: I have a video wall with 10 screens and I am using windows 10 enterprise, I can't span an RDP session to another screen it seems to be locked to the main screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to launch application with RDS

2. how to launch an application in rdp session

3. RDS 2016 Remote App unable to launch app Computer cant connect to remote computer