Windows 10: Unable to launch certain applications following update.

Discus and support Unable to launch certain applications following update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Recently bought a new PC July 2020 and been having some issues related to Windows recently. When I try to start applications, specifically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WillGroarke, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Unable to launch certain applications following update.

Hi,

Recently bought a new PC July 2020 and been having some issues related to Windows recently. When I try to start applications, specifically Spotify and Discord, I receive an error that states there was a "bad image" with error code 0xc0000025. This is related to usp10.dll I believe, which may possibly have been corrupted. I have had a couple of issues in recent updates, including a few BSOD following attempts to change networks actions which have similarly cause the start menu and any windows- related processes to freeze and be unreachable. Is there any way to fix this? It isn't causing any fatal issues however I would really appreciate getting this sorted. So far I have tried updating again after rolling back the updates but I was wondering if there are any more ideal solutions.

Many thanks,

Will

:)

WillGroarke, Oct 28, 2020

2. Recent updates defeating application launch

Hi Hunt,

To address your concern, you may check if the application is compatible with Windows 10. To do this, follow these steps:

• Type the program name in the Search box.

• Right-click the program name, then click Properties.

• Click Compatibility tab > Run Compatibility Troubleshooter.
    You may also check Rakesh Narayanaswamy's post on this

thread.

We're just here if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Unable to download certain applications

Hi,

Thank you for getting back with a reply.

This issue may also happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly
    follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Unable to launch certain applications following update.

Unable to access applications

Hi Rick,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What is the exact error message are you getting?
    • What other apps that are not accessible aside from iTunes?
    • Can you provide as a screenshot of the latest update history?

To view the update history on your computer, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key+i and then select Update & security.
    • Under UPDATE & SECURITY, click Advanced options.
    • Under ADVANCED OPTIONS, select View your update history.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Unable to launch certain applications following update.

1. Unable to launch certain applications following update. - Similar Threads - Unable launch certain

2. Application will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application will not launch: I've downloaded a 64 Bit application called Siril a few weeks ago and it has been working fine however today when I tried opening it, I got no response. I have restarted my laptop and uninstalled/installed the app. When I click on the app, the loading sign on my cursor...
  3. Unable to install certain updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install certain updates: I'm unsure whether specific updates have been installed or otherwise, but it seems to be the case, according to the update history. However, the system still requires updates that it cannot install. On boot, after a restart, it takes its time to get around to 90%, then...
  4. Certain applications not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain applications not launching: I have had problems with various applications on my computer randomly stop working. It started a few months ago when a program called Overwolf randomly stopped launching, not even giving an error code. Later more apps started failing, including Logitech G hub, and bluestacks....
  5. Unable to launch application on secondary disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to launch application on secondary disk: Hi ! I've been looking for a while now to find the origin of a problem I had with games installed on my second drive they closed at launch. After contacting customer service and posting several messages on the forum, I still haven't resolved my problem. So I can't launch...
  6. Certain applications don't launch after 1903 18362.356

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Certain applications don't launch after 1903 18362.356: Basically the title. Thinkorswim and sidebar diagnostics are completely unresponsive after this update. I know it's the update causing the issue because I did a system rollback the last time it happened and that resolved the issue. Here's a video of the issue....
  7. Windows Unable to Launch Applications After Updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Unable to Launch Applications After Updating to 1809: Hello all, I work in IT at a small town bank and I have been experiencing a strange issue lately. We delay new updates for a period of time when they come out and make sure they will work before deploying them, so we are updating to 1809 now. The issue I am having is so far...
  8. Windows Unable to Launch Applications After Updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Unable to Launch Applications After Updating to 1809: Hello all, I work in IT at a small town bank and I have been experiencing a strange issue lately. We delay new updates for a period of time when they come out and make sure they will work before deploying them, so we are updating to 1809 now. The issue I am having is so far...
  9. Unable to launch applications in RDP session

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to launch applications in RDP session: Issue: User is unable to launch applications when connected to a device through RDP To clarify: RDP connection itself is successful. User is can access device. But when user clicks an application, it does not launch. User IS able to launch applications when signed into...
  10. Unable to Run Certain Applications. Cannot Find Application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Run Certain Applications. Cannot Find Application: I have windows 10. Recently, i ran Driver Booster to update some device drivers. After this, I realized that my AVG antivirus needed update, so I did this also. After this, i noticed that I cannot run certain programs, like my task manager, IOBit Smart Defragmentation. The...