Windows 10: Unable to launch Corel Painter 2019 on Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to launch Corel Painter 2019 on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got Corel Painter 2019 a while back and now after installing it on my Windows 10 PC, I have been unable to get it to run. The error messages state... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Elis_B, May 14, 2020.

1. Elis_B Win User

Unable to launch Corel Painter 2019 on Windows 10

I got Corel Painter 2019 a while back and now after installing it on my Windows 10 PC, I have been unable to get it to run. The error messages state that the code execution cannot proceed because a bunch of .dll files are missing MSVCP140, VCRUNTIME140. I am not sure why they are missing and how to find the version of the .dll files that I need. I tried manually downloading and adding the missing files and the error message changed to error0xc00007b. In troubleshooting, Windows says Corel is incompatible with this version of Windows, but it doesn't work in compatibility mode either I get the same error message. What can I do?
    Edit: I just tried and it runs on my other Win10 device laptop.

:)

Elis_B, May 14, 2020

2. Windows update and Corel Painter

If you mean the operating system build it is 17134.285 When I try to start Corel Painter on either computer I get this error message: Error: 1 - Corel Painter has encountered a problem. Please reinstall from the original source.

however reinstalling doesn't solve the problem. As I said - Corel said it was due to a windows update not finishing correctly but Painter worked on the old one UNTIL I let Windows do all the updates. Corel worked fine on both at one point. No new programs
    have been added to the older computer in a long time so something else running in the background shouldn't be the problem. it worked on that one UNTIL I let windows do the updates! Really don't think anything new was added to the new one either since the
    program was working.

alexisandtim, May 14, 2020
  3. Colour problems with Windows 10 and Corel Painter

Hi Peter,

I suggest you to contact Corel Painter support team for this issue. You can contact them on the link given below.

Corel Graphics, Digital Media & Productivity Software

Let us know if you need any other help related to Windows.

PranavMishra5582, May 14, 2020
  4. Unable to launch Corel Painter 2019 on Windows 10

Windows update and Corel Painter

I had Corel Painter 2018 installed and it worked fine. Had not used for a while and suddenly it wouldn't load and had an error message - I contacted Corel and they said that it had to be that some Windows update had not completed correctly and I needed
    to totally re-install windows. I had tried re-installing painter which didn't work. At any rate I had another Windows 10 computer that I had not use in a while and it had not had any windows updates for months. I tried it and Painter worked on that computer.
    I allowed that computer to totally update windows and now the same problem exists on that computer. It's quite doubtful that BOTH computers had a windows update that didn't complete correctly! I'm waiting to hear from Corel again but I don't believe I could
    be the only person with this problem! After having a windows update earlier this year totally crashing another computer and having to take it to a tech and pay to have it fixed, I'm getting quite weary with windows updates causing problems! And since there
    were several updates and I hadn't used painter for a few months before the problem I have no way of knowing which update caused this either. Would seem that if I went through totally reinstalling windows on TWO computers and then let windows update the problem
    would happen all over again. This is getting very upsetting!

alexisandtim, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Unable to launch Corel Painter 2019 on Windows 10

1. Unable to launch Corel Painter 2019 on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable launch Corel

2. corel painter 21 not running on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    corel painter 21 not running on windows 11.: Corel Painter 21 won't run since upgrading to windows 11. it is telling me it is not compatible now. opening the program ,it freezes and must restart to exit. I've reached out to Corel but have not found an answer. I've done factory restarts on the program and the computer to...
  3. corel painter 21 not running on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    corel painter 21 not running on windows 11.: Corel Painter 21 won't run since upgrading to windows 11. it is telling me it is not compatible now. opening the program ,it freezes and must restart to exit. I've reached out to Corel but have not found an answer. I've done factory restarts on the program and the computer to...
  4. Windows 10 and Corel laser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and Corel laser: Any advise on how to get corel laser to run on windows 10 after update? My program wont even install? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-corel-laser/41f8914b-adb4-4d88-b49f-bdb5e55c8213
  5. Unable to launch Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to launch Chrome in Windows 10: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and every time I try to launch an app I receive an error meesage stating Adobe creative cloud is needed to repait the error. It has also made my computer very slow at start up...
  6. Corel Painter Essenstials 5 error 38 Please reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corel Painter Essenstials 5 error 38 Please reinstall: My wife uses this app a lot and she came to me with this error 38, from my resource I need to restart the Protexis Licensing service under the services app. Ido not have that and seems to be gone. where should I go next? 138890
  7. Unable to launch Malwarebytes on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to launch Malwarebytes on Windows 10: Hi all, I’ve downloaded Malwarebytes to my windows 10 surface pro but can’t seem to install & run it. I go to the folder where its been downloaded then it takes me back to downloading it. Probably something simple step I’m overlooking. Any suggestions most welcome,...
  8. Unable to launch Windows 10 Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to launch Windows 10 Apps: Each time I try to launch apps such as Paint 3D, Calculator, 3D Viewer, Sticky Notes, their logo flashes briefly, then the app shuts down without any on-screen error message or Event Viewer entry. Here are the things I tried to fix the problem: sfc.exe /scannow (in an...
  9. Corel Painter .rif files no longer showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corel Painter .rif files no longer showing thumbnails: File Explorer on Windows 10 used to display thumbnails for Corel Painter .rif files. Why has this changed and we can not view .rif thumbnails? Is MS ****'ing us again?...
  10. Windows update and Corel Painter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update and Corel Painter: I had Corel Painter 2018 installed and it worked fine. Had not used for a while and suddenly it wouldn't load and had an error message - I contacted Corel and they said that it had to be that some Windows update had not completed correctly and I needed to totally re-install...