Windows 10: Unable to launch games or apps from the Microsoft store.

Discus and support Unable to launch games or apps from the Microsoft store. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Is there a way for me to open the Microsoft Store with the purpose of opening an app or game and have it download and then... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SusanKalkofen, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Unable to launch games or apps from the Microsoft store.

Split from this thread.​

Is there a way for me to open the Microsoft Store with the purpose of opening an app or game and have it download and then launch immediately for me to use. I am a self taught user and am 72 years of age. An unwanted person who compromised my computer and games and everything else they could make a mess by making it impossible for me to open and launch games and apps. I have a list of at least 44 requests that will not open and show that they need backups and updates however when I try all I get is an error message of 00008 or something close to that. I am heart sick. No matter what I try nothing works to fix the past requests or to open any new requests. What fun is a computer if some jerk ruined for me and now I can't use it but for the old games that were already downloaded that this person allowed me to keep. The whole Microsoft Store is off limits for me and the person that did this is long gone. Help me please. Thank you.

:)

SusanKalkofen, Jan 5, 2019

2. Unable to Launch Apps or Games from Microsoft Store

From since last week, I have been unable to get any game or app downloaded from Microsoft Store to launch. Previously they worked but now when I try to run them or launch after a reinstall, the page that should open up briefly appears and disappears in
    the same moment. I have tried several of the suggested fixes that were suggested in the forum but none seem to work.

[Moved from: Windows/ Gaming on Windows 10]

ROALDBOXILL, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Unable to Launch Apps or Games from Microsoft Store

Hi,

Apps and games installed on Microsoft Store not launching could be due to an issue with a corruption within the Windows Store. To check on the issue further, please provide the following information:

• When did the issue started to occur?
    • Have you made any recent changes on the device prior to the issue?
    • Is the build version for the device under a Windows Insider Build?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the troubleshooter for Windows apps. By running
    the said troubleshooter, it would automatically attempt to diagnose the cause of the issue and resolve it during the process as well.

If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Arthur Rui, Jan 5, 2019
  4. San_Raal Win User

Unable to launch games or apps from the Microsoft store.

Unable to Launch Apps or Games from Microsoft Store

Thanks this solved the problem for me,

San_Raal, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Unable to launch games or apps from the Microsoft store.

1. Unable to launch games or apps from the Microsoft store. - Similar Threads - Unable launch games

2. Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.: I've had this problem for days. When I try to launch a game on the Xbox app, I get an error message saying that the game cannot be launched, with the error code "0x80070005". The problem associated to this error code on Xbox's website relates to Xbox One, which I do not own....
  3. Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.: I've had this problem for days. When I try to launch a game on the Xbox app, I get an error message saying that the game cannot be launched, with the error code "0x80070005". The problem associated to this error code on Xbox's website relates to Xbox One, which I do not own....
  4. Games downloaded from Microsoft Store will not launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Games downloaded from Microsoft Store will not launch: I have downloaded Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4 but neither will launch. When launched both just indefinitely show the cover art and do not show up in task manager. Reinstalling does not help....
  5. Unable to launch Store apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to launch Store apps: So I've got a really weird issue. I restarted my PC and after signing in I was greeted by an error. It looked like one of the Store apps I have set to start with Windows was unable to launch...and Windows could not access the file. It happened a couple times as I have a...
  6. Games from Microsoft Store Won't Launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games from Microsoft Store Won't Launch: From the MS Store, I installed Asphalt 9. When I try to launch, the splash screen appears, but then nothing happens. I'm also unable to play Roblox--when i launch from the browser, it shows I need to install the player. When I try to install that player, i get this message:...
  7. Games From the microsoft store will not fully launch.

Games From the microsoft store will not fully launch.: I have downloaded both Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 3 from the Microsoft Store, however when I try to launch either of these games then initial splash screen will come up for a few seconds then closes never launching the actual game. I have tried resting the Microsoft...
  8. Help Launching a game from the microsoft store

Help Launching a game from the microsoft store: Hi, I've just installed sea of theives from the microsoft store online, and its finished completely installed all 43gb. However, everytime i try and open it, it just opens the screen and immediately closes again without delay. If i spam click it, it opens for slightly...
  9. Unable to launch Microsoft Store app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to launch Microsoft Store app: I cannot launch Microsoft Store app. Could you help me, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-launch-microsoft-store-app/6f7ce31f-7c20-4b92-aa1d-2a59451bdf08
  10. Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.: When i want to open any microsoft store apps including microsoft store ,it is not launching .Why this problem is happening and what is the effective solution ? ***Modified title from: microsoft store***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to download games in microsoft store

2. unable to launch Windows Store

3. unable to launch microsoft store app

4. unable to luanch games after reinstalling Windows,
  5. cant launch games from microsoft store,
  6. microsoft store apps will download but will not launch