Windows 10: Unable to launch many gaming related apps/MS store/gamepass games

Discus and support Unable to launch many gaming related apps/MS store/gamepass games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am unable to launch game bar on my PC appears to open but closes instantly - it WAS working fine a few days ago. I am unable to launch microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by teardropphoenix, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Unable to launch many gaming related apps/MS store/gamepass games

• I am unable to launch game bar on my PC appears to open but closes instantly - it WAS working fine a few days ago.
    • I am unable to launch microsoft store on my PC appears to open but closes instantly - it WAS working fine a few days ago.
    • I cannot open xbox console companion on windows appears to open but closes instantly
    • Many gamepass games won't launch, some say im not logged in but i obviously am logged into my gamepass account

I have tried a number of solutions I found on the internet from simple reinstall to running various command prompt and powershell commands, I have ensured I have folder and file permissions for the microsoft apps folder on this account.

Because I cannot launch the microsoft store I can't attempt to reinstall some items.

:)

teardropphoenix, Apr 2, 2020

2. Gamepass games on PC not working

I have a valid gamepass ultimate subscription and recently tried to play gamepass games on PC. I downloaded the app and installed Crosscode and The Messenger. When I try to launch the games through the Xbox PC app, the app minimizes and nothing happens.
    When I try to launch the games through the start menu, it just directs me to the Windows Store to download the Xbox App, which shows that I've already downloaded it. Games I have previously downloaded from before the Xbox App came out, such as Forza Horizon
    4, seem to work ok. What can I do to get the newer games working?

Darth Navster, Apr 2, 2020
  3. MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Unable to launch many gaming related apps/MS store/gamepass games

Unable to Launch Apps or Games from Microsoft Store

From since last week, I have been unable to get any game or app downloaded from Microsoft Store to launch. Previously they worked but now when I try to run them or launch after a reinstall, the page that should open up briefly appears and disappears in
    the same moment. I have tried several of the suggested fixes that were suggested in the forum but none seem to work.

[Moved from: Windows/ Gaming on Windows 10]

ROALDBOXILL, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Unable to launch many gaming related apps/MS store/gamepass games

1. Unable to launch many gaming related apps/MS store/gamepass games - Similar Threads - Unable launch many

2. Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.: I've had this problem for days. When I try to launch a game on the Xbox app, I get an error message saying that the game cannot be launched, with the error code "0x80070005". The problem associated to this error code on Xbox's website relates to Xbox One, which I do not own....
  3. Games with gamepass redirect on store page for the gaming service instead launching games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games with gamepass redirect on store page for the gaming service instead launching games: As per title, i can't play games with gamepass.I recently had other problems installing via gamepass, and solved them with the "wsreset -i" command suggested here in the forum I've tried already: reinstall or reset game services, both from settings / app and from PowerShell...
  4. Games with gamepass redirect on store page for the gaming service instead launching games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games with gamepass redirect on store page for the gaming service instead launching games: As per title, i can't play games with gamepass.I recently had other problems installing via gamepass, and solved them with the "wsreset -i" command suggested here in the forum I've tried already: reinstall or reset game services, both from settings / app and from PowerShell...
  5. Cannot launch gamepass games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot launch gamepass games: I bought the gamepass ultimate deal for $1 on my Xbox account, but everytime i try to play it pops up with an error saying, "File System Error" or telling me to purchase the game again. This has happened with all games I've launched from the Xbox and Windows store apps. Note,...
  6. Gaming services, gamepass games on PC not launching

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gaming services, gamepass games on PC not launching: Launching a game on gamepass takes me to the Windows Store for Gaming services. The Gamepass app has a Fix Me Now link and I've tried troubleshooting but apparently there was an update that fixed this issue and I don't have the right OS version for that update. Gamepass...
  7. Unable to install games from Gamepass App or Microsoft Store!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install games from Gamepass App or Microsoft Store!: For nearly two weeks now, i have been unable to install any games from either the gamepass app or the microsoft store. I have tried every fix conceivable posted online, reset this, stopped that, changed this, updated that, etc etc etc and it still doesn't work. When the...
  8. Ntdll.dll causing Xbox GamePass games unable to launch or crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ntdll.dll causing Xbox GamePass games unable to launch or crash: Event viewer shows the following for one game for example. Have tried repairing, resetting, restarting and reinstalling the various Windows Store and Gaming services to no avail. SFC and DISM checks also show no problems. Specs are Windows 10 Pro 2004, i7 6700k @ 4.5ghz,...
  9. Ntdll.dll causing Xbox GamePass games unable to launch or crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Ntdll.dll causing Xbox GamePass games unable to launch or crash: Event viewer shows the following for one game for example. Have tried repairing, resetting, restarting and reinstalling the various Windows Store and Gaming services to no avail. SFC and DISM checks also show no problems. Specs are Windows 10 Pro 2004, i7 6700k @ 4.5ghz,...
  10. Unable to launch games or apps from the Microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to launch games or apps from the Microsoft store.: Split from this thread. Is there a way for me to open the Microsoft Store with the purpose of opening an app or game and have it download and then launch immediately for me to use. I am a self taught user and am 72 years of age. An unwanted person who compromised my...