Windows 10: Unable to launch program why?

Discus and support Unable to launch program why? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; unable to launch programs shareit & Vypervpn also.. why? [ATTACH] 121833 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by remostalin, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Unable to launch program why?

unable to launch programs shareit & Vypervpn also.. why?

Unable to launch program why? Capture.png

:)

remostalin, Nov 17, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Unable to Launch Games such as Gears 4

Hi,

An outdated version of the Windows Store is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to launch any games from Windows Store. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Temporary files.
    • Choose Temporary files.
    • Click Remove files.

Step 2: Re-register the Store App and check.

• Right click on Start button on the desktop and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Here, User Account Control window pops up and click on Yes to open Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
    • Type the below command in the Command Prompt: powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Unable to launch program why?

Werfault.exe error unable to launch programs

Hello Will,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Do you get this error when performing a specific action or when working on a specific program?
    • Did this issue start recently? Do you remember making any recent changes to the computer?
    • Did you make any recent changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the edition and the build of Windows 10 installed in your computer?
    • Did you check if similar issues occur when you login to the computer using a different user account?
    • Do you have any System Restore Point set in your computer?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you boot the computer in safe mode with networking, and check if the issue still persist. This is a diagnostic step towards identifying and isolating any potential causes to the issue.

Safe Mode With Networking:

Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words
    Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you're using. Please follow the steps outlines in the below article.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows

Once this is done, reboot the computer in normal mode and check.

If the issue does not occur in Safe mode, try to place the computer in a Clean Boot state and check if there are any third party application/software to be causing the issue.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: As the article is designed for Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7. Unlike launching step for 'System Configuration', options and steps to Clean Boot are same for Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you better.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Unable to launch program why?

1. Unable to launch program why? - Similar Threads - Unable launch program

2. Program not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program not launching: I am being told by a .exe program launcher that I am missing the following files. MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll. How can I fix this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-not-launching/726efdeb-e237-4874-ae48-e31ea78f4128
  3. Program not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program not launching: I am being told by a .exe program launcher that I am missing the following files. MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll. How can I fix this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-not-launching/726efdeb-e237-4874-ae48-e31ea78f4128
  4. Program not launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Program will not launch

Program will not launch: A program I have used for years with Windows 10 will not launch with Windows 11. It appears to start launching circle on screen but does not fully launch. The program developer says it is compatible with Windows 11 and none of their suggestions worked. I am using an Asus...
  6. Program will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program will not launch: A program I have used for years with Windows 10 will not launch with Windows 11. It appears to start launching circle on screen but does not fully launch. The program developer says it is compatible with Windows 11 and none of their suggestions worked. I am using an Asus...
  7. Program launch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program launch: Hello,I recently installed new ram on my laptop 8 to 16 Gb but now it seems that several programs do not run properly or at all in such a way that it seems the graphics driver is the issue. For example, Minecraft will not launch at all and will return to the launcher when you...
  8. programs not launching

in Windows 10 Customization
    programs not launching: i was just on my pc paying a game then my internet cut out and since then my internet is back on but my pc does not want to open any programs such as game programs with in setting but i can open thing like discord and chrome is there any way that i can fix this because i have...
  9. Unable to launch program why?

Unable to launch program why?: unable to launch programs shareit & Vypervpn also.. why? [ATTACH] 121833
  10. Programs not launching

Programs not launching: Hi all, Today I've been setting up my new rig and I've been hitting an issue, some programs will not launch. The three main programs I've been having issues with are: -Paint, won't start no matter what I do -Geforce Experience, starts the launcher but wont open the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows unable to launch programs

2. server 2019 unable to launch programs

3. windows 10 update unable to launch programs