Windows 10: Unable to launch Stronghold Crusader on Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to launch Stronghold Crusader on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there, I am at wits end with trying to run the game Stronghold Crusader. These are the following things that I have tried to do and the results... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by angel9900, Apr 7, 2019.

1. angel9900 Win User

Unable to launch Stronghold Crusader on Windows 10

Hello there, I am at wits end with trying to run the game Stronghold Crusader. These are the following things that I have tried to do and the results they have brought me:

1) Run normally - result: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" message popped up.

The thing is that I am on the administrators account (I checked that 4 times, and there are no other accounts but mine on this PC), when I tried to right-click on the game icon and click the option " Run as administrator" absolutely nothing happened, the game did not launch, no error showed etc.

2)I then tried to change it's compatibility. I right-clicked, properties, compatibility, Run in compatibility mode. Result: When it asked me to try and run the program to check if it worked, again there was no reaction from the game.

So then one by one I manually tried to run it on different windows compatibility modes (Windows XP/ ME/ 7/8 etc.) but the result was exactly the same, meaning no reaction.

3) I tried to get help online, after searching I found out that I need to enable "Direct Play" so I took the following steps: (Go to Control Panel, then find Turn Windows features on or off, and under Legacy Components check DirectPlay, and then hit OK)

Result: The direct play was already turned on. Even after I tried to turn it off, then back on, reboot, try to run the game, the game refused to be run.

4) Another solution that I have tried is to try and run it via the program DOSbox. I followed a tutorial as i'm not experienced with it but the message that popped up when I tried to run the game goes as follows: "This program cannot be run in DOS mode"

This is driving me crazy, and if there is any other genius solution then I am all ears.

I shall await your fast reply.

***original title: Running Stronghold Crusader on Windows 10***

:)

angel9900, Apr 7, 2019

2. Unable to play Stronghold Crusader in Windows 10

Unable to start Stronghold Crusader in Windows 10

Unable to launch Stronghold Crusader on Windows 10 5391e025-176e-40c8-94f0-cba0511dfea0.jpg

Rowan Joseph, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Stronghold Crusader

If I start Stroghold Crusader i get black screen and the Error "Stronghold Crusader stopped working".

I update my Grafic Card Driveres each week with NVIDIA Geforce Experience.

I play at a Laptop and have 2 Grafic Cards and it dont matter with which I start Stronghold it dont work.

Christoph Stoiber, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Unable to launch Stronghold Crusader on Windows 10

Unable to play Stronghold Crusader in Windows 10

Unable to launch Stronghold Crusader on Windows 10 [​IMG]

mehrpotter, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Unable to launch Stronghold Crusader on Windows 10

1. Unable to launch Stronghold Crusader on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable launch Stronghold

2. Unable to launch Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to launch Windows PowerShell: Whenever I try to launch Windows PowerShell, either via the dedicated Windows PowerShell app or as an option via the Terminal, I get the following error.The shell cannot be started. A failure occurred during initialization: The type initializer for...
  3. Unable to launch Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to launch Windows PowerShell: Whenever I try to launch Windows PowerShell, either via the dedicated Windows PowerShell app or as an option via the Terminal, I get the following error.The shell cannot be started. A failure occurred during initialization: The type initializer for...
  4. Screen goes black and white when launching crusader kings3

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen goes black and white when launching crusader kings3: This only happens with ck3 and it stops when I close, it changed everything outside of the game to nobody else experienced it, i got it with gamepass. I tried deleting then reinstalling it but it still doesn’t work submitted by /u/Rataratarataratarat [link] [comments]...
  5. Unable to launch Windows Security

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to launch Windows Security: I am suddenly unable to launch the Windows Security dashboard. When I attempt to do do, the blue background with the Windows Security icon appear briefly in a window, and then quickly closes. I'm worried. What may I do? submitted by /u/charlesstricklin [link] [comments]...
  6. Unable to launch Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to launch Chrome in Windows 10: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and every time I try to launch an app I receive an error meesage stating Adobe creative cloud is needed to repait the error. It has also made my computer very slow at start up...
  7. .crusader

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .crusader: Hello my Microsoft friends, I was running cmd netstat -bn, it finished and in the command field I found .crusader typed out. After help with google I found the file in system32. I cannot sfc scanfile this file and it is only of 11kb, note that I cannot find this file inand...
  8. Unable to launch Malwarebytes on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to launch Malwarebytes on Windows 10: Hi all, I’ve downloaded Malwarebytes to my windows 10 surface pro but can’t seem to install & run it. I go to the folder where its been downloaded then it takes me back to downloading it. Probably something simple step I’m overlooking. Any suggestions most welcome,...
  9. Unable to launch Windows 10 Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to launch Windows 10 Apps: Each time I try to launch apps such as Paint 3D, Calculator, 3D Viewer, Sticky Notes, their logo flashes briefly, then the app shuts down without any on-screen error message or Event Viewer entry. Here are the things I tried to fix the problem: sfc.exe /scannow (in an...
  10. Running Stronghold Crusader on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running Stronghold Crusader on Windows 10: Hello there, I am at wits end with trying to run the game Stronghold Crusader. These are the following things that I have tried to do and the results they have brought me: 1) Run normally - result: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" message popped...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stronghold crusader woindows 10

2. stronghold crusader windows 10 wont launch

3. STOP WORKING STRONG HOLD 1

4. stronghold crusader not working on win10