Windows 10: Unable to launch website protected by .P12 certificate, Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to launch website protected by .P12 certificate, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro w/16GB RAM, copious HDD, had update trouble in Nov/Dec. Eventually, update pronounced itself ok. However, after that, a web site with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BRPv, Feb 15, 2019.

1. BRPv Win User

Unable to launch website protected by .P12 certificate, Windows 10

Win 10 Pro w/16GB RAM, copious HDD, had update trouble in Nov/Dec. Eventually, update pronounced itself ok.

However, after that, a web site with a link protected by a .P12 Certificate suddenly fails. All other machines using same cert work just fine. Affects CHROME, EDGE, FIREFOX, and INTERNET EXPLORER.

The machine also has VirtualBox installed with a UBUNTU 18.10 guest VM. This VM uses FIREFOX to surf the web.

Using the SAME CERTIFICATE, the VM contacts the problem website just fine.

I conclude there's some kind of problem in Win 10 Certificate handling since Win 10 fails and UBUNTU works!

Network Troubleshooter is unable to identify the problem.

Ideas anyone?

***Modified Title from: Certificate Issue -- Win 10 Fails Connect***

:)

2. Impossible to install P12 certificate on Microsoft Windows

Hello,

It seems that now it's not possible to install a P12 certificate on windows (7 and 10) and of course when trying to import P12 on IE, Edge Chrome.

The error message is "wrong password", but I'm sure about the password, and it works fine with firefox.

I'm sure it was working before (some months ago).

I'm quiet sure about a problem on Windows, with for sure wrong error message.

Regards,

Laurent

Laurent_031, Feb 15, 2019
  3. The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you’re facing issues accessing your HP Printer homepage. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would like to know a few information:

• Did you check with any other browser?

• Did you make any changes to the software prior to this issue?

• Are you using any Antivirus/Security software?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

Try viewing the website in Compatibility View and see if that helps.

Note: Not all website display problems are caused by browser incompatibility. Interrupted Internet connections, heavy traffic, or problems with the website can also affect how a webpage is displayed.

a) Open Internet Explorer.

b) Press ALT+T keys, to launch “Tools” drop down menu.

c) In the “Tools” menu, select “Compatibility View Settings” option.

d) In the “Compatibility View” window, add the name of websites (with which you are facing the issue) and then check.

Method 2:

I suggest you to refer to the article mentioned below and check if the issue perists.

Certificate errors: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/certificate-errors-faq#ie=ie-10

Hope this information helps.

Reply us with the status of the issue.

Sincerely,

Ankit Rajput, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Certificate Reputation for website owners

Source: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2...te-owners.aspx

Brink, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to launch website protected by .P12 certificate, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable launch website

2. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSL certificate errors on normal websites.: Hi,I've been having a strange issue when connecting to certain websites I always have, ebay, spotify, reddit, and many others including parts of Microsoft websites. They all say that their security certificate is invalid which I know is not true. The error I get is...
  3. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSL certificate errors on normal websites.: Hi,I've been having a strange issue when connecting to certain websites I always have, ebay, spotify, reddit, and many others including parts of Microsoft websites. They all say that their security certificate is invalid which I know is not true. The error I get is...
  4. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. all website certificates called invalid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all website certificates called invalid: I did a full restore on my desktop and although I could connect to the internet I can not get any webpage to open. I get a message that Your connection isn't private, and the certificate is invalid. Not even Microsoft login page. And since I can't get online I can't download...
  6. Unable to launch Windows 10 Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to launch Windows 10 Apps: Each time I try to launch apps such as Paint 3D, Calculator, 3D Viewer, Sticky Notes, their logo flashes briefly, then the app shuts down without any on-screen error message or Event Viewer entry. Here are the things I tried to fix the problem: sfc.exe /scannow (in an...
  7. MS Edge: Website Certificate Errors

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge: Website Certificate Errors: My problem is I find MS Edge does not always react the same to sites that appear to have website certificate error problems. The following two url's are basically for the same site, due to a change in the name of the government department at some or other stage. Daily...
  8. There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

in Browsers and Email
    There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.: Hey Guys, Long time since I have been here, hope you are all well. :-) When I try to log onto my Plesk control panel I am presented with the "There is a problem with this website’s security certificate." which I have always had but there used to be a link that said "I...
  9. "There is a problem with this website’s security certificate"

in Browsers and Email
    "There is a problem with this website’s security certificate": Hi, I get this: [img] when I try to go to any https address in IE or Firefox. However, Pale Moon (which I normally use) works. That means I don't know when the problem started. I've tried deleting cert8.db in my Firefox profile, and resetting IE and clearing...
  10. Certificate Reputation for website owners

in Windows 10 News
    Certificate Reputation for website owners: Last year, we introduced a new mechanism that Microsoft is building to better protect you against fraudulent certificates on the Web. In this blog post, we are going to explain how we will enable the broader community of site owners to participate in detecting fraudulent...