Windows 10: Unable to launch Windows 10 Apps

Discus and support Unable to launch Windows 10 Apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Each time I try to launch apps such as Paint 3D, Calculator, 3D Viewer, Sticky Notes, their logo flashes briefly, then the app shuts down without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Frederik Long, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Unable to launch Windows 10 Apps

Each time I try to launch apps such as Paint 3D, Calculator, 3D Viewer, Sticky Notes, their logo flashes briefly, then the app shuts down without any on-screen error message or Event Viewer entry. Here are the things I tried to fix the problem:

• sfc.exe /scannow (in an elevated Command Prompt)
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth (ditto)
    • Removed Paint 3D with a PowerShell command, then reinstalled it with this command:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Safe Mode
    • Different user account

None worked. Some apps such as MS Edge still work. All of them used to work until some months ago.

System description:

- Windows 10 Professional

- Version 1809

Any suggestions?

:)

Frederik Long, Jul 7, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Windows 10 Apps are unable to launch

Hi Deep,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with launching apps. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect App settings.

• App is corrupt.
    Before starting the troubleshooting steps, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps. If not, try these steps:

Method 1:

Let's run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to re-register all Windows Store Apps by running the following commands in a CMD window started as Administrator:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register
    "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Lim8888 Win User
    Windows 10 Apps are unable to launch

I tried the steps given and restarted my computer. Now I guess its even worse. There is no response at all after I clicked on all those apps, except for the apps that have just reinstalled which I had uninstalled it long ago. Please reply asap.

Lim8888, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Unable to launch Windows 10 Apps

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Unable to launch Windows 10 Apps

1. Unable to launch Windows 10 Apps - Similar Threads - Unable launch Apps

2. unable to launch game via xbox app windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unable to launch game via xbox app windows 10: recently downloaded dirt 5 but unable to launch it, i click on play button or game icon on the start menu multiple times, launching through exe file but nothing happens. tried to google for solution and most of the posts/forum says that it is caused by gaming services. so i...
  3. Windows 10 apps will not launch.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 apps will not launch.: None of my Windows applications calculator, the actual store, etc. won't start. I have tried almost everything that is reported here except resetting it.wsreset.exe does not start at allI am on version 2004 Build 19041.508...
  4. Unable to launch Minecraft app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to launch Minecraft app: Hi I have newly purchased from Microsoft stores, downloaded and installed. Trying to open the game, click mojang popup opens, white screen pop up opens but it closes automatically game does not open Note: I have updated windows, all are upto date on my laptop,...
  5. Unable to launch Store apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to launch Store apps: So I've got a really weird issue. I restarted my PC and after signing in I was greeted by an error. It looked like one of the Store apps I have set to start with Windows was unable to launch...and Windows could not access the file. It happened a couple times as I have a...
  6. Windows 10 apps will not launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 apps will not launch: So somehow the apps on my PC didn't want to launch anymore, so I started trying to figure out what the issue was, I've looked at quite a few topics, including ones offsite, and after doing various attempts to fix the issue by reinstalling windows apps with the Appmanifest...
  7. Unable to launch Amazon Audible app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to launch Amazon Audible app: For some reason my PC window 10 won't open audible? ***Original title: Amazon audible*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-launch-amazon-audible-app/8e7cb1a3-e043-4a95-bd2b-ef4207475e50
  8. Unable to launch Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to launch Chrome in Windows 10: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and every time I try to launch an app I receive an error meesage stating Adobe creative cloud is needed to repait the error. It has also made my computer very slow at start up...
  9. Unable to launch Malwarebytes on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to launch Malwarebytes on Windows 10: Hi all, I’ve downloaded Malwarebytes to my windows 10 surface pro but can’t seem to install & run it. I go to the folder where its been downloaded then it takes me back to downloading it. Probably something simple step I’m overlooking. Any suggestions most welcome,...
  10. Unable to launch Microsoft Store app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to launch Microsoft Store app: I cannot launch Microsoft Store app. Could you help me, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-launch-microsoft-store-app/6f7ce31f-7c20-4b92-aa1d-2a59451bdf08

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix unable to launch photo apps issue via registry

2. unable to launch sticky notes calculator and Photo viewer

3. all windows 10 apps not launching 2019