Windows 10: Unable to launch Windows 10 Apps

Discus and support Unable to launch Windows 10 Apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Each time I try to launch apps such as Paint 3D, Calculator, 3D Viewer, Sticky Notes, their logo flashes briefly, then the app shuts down without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Frederik Long, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Unable to launch Windows 10 Apps

Each time I try to launch apps such as Paint 3D, Calculator, 3D Viewer, Sticky Notes, their logo flashes briefly, then the app shuts down without any on-screen error message or Event Viewer entry. Here are the things I tried to fix the problem:

• sfc.exe /scannow (in an elevated Command Prompt)
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth (ditto)
    • Removed Paint 3D with a PowerShell command, then reinstalled it with this command:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Safe Mode
    • Different user account

None worked. Some apps such as MS Edge still work. All of them used to work until some months ago.

System description:

- Windows 10 Professional

- Version 1809

Any suggestions?

:)

Frederik Long, Jul 7, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Windows 10 Apps are unable to launch

Hi Deep,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with launching apps. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect App settings.

• App is corrupt.
    Before starting the troubleshooting steps, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps. If not, try these steps:

Method 1:

Let's run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to re-register all Windows Store Apps by running the following commands in a CMD window started as Administrator:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register
    "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Lim8888 Win User
    Windows 10 Apps are unable to launch

I tried the steps given and restarted my computer. Now I guess its even worse. There is no response at all after I clicked on all those apps, except for the apps that have just reinstalled which I had uninstalled it long ago. Please reply asap.

Lim8888, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Unable to launch Windows 10 Apps

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Unable to launch Windows 10 Apps

1. Unable to launch Windows 10 Apps - Similar Threads - Unable launch Apps

2. apps not launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps not launching: Suddenly my calculator and photo apps will not launch. I can't open images that are sent to me. You seen the black screen and the spinning timer but then the screen goes back to the email where the image was attached. With calculator, I see the graphic blue calculator but...
  3. Unable to launch Malwarebytes on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to launch Malwarebytes on Windows 10: Hi all, I’ve downloaded Malwarebytes to my windows 10 surface pro but can’t seem to install & run it. I go to the folder where its been downloaded then it takes me back to downloading it. Probably something simple step I’m overlooking. Any suggestions most welcome,...
  4. Issues with Windows Store and Store Apps, Unable to launch.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issues with Windows Store and Store Apps, Unable to launch.: Every since the last windows update none of the windows applications are working for me anymore. When I try to open the windows store it either doesn't do anything or opens for a second and closes. This is the error I get whenever I try to use something like photos,...
  5. Unable to launch Stronghold Crusader on Windows 10

Unable to launch Stronghold Crusader on Windows 10: Hello there, I am at wits end with trying to run the game Stronghold Crusader. These are the following things that I have tried to do and the results they have brought me: 1) Run normally - result: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" message popped...
  6. Unable to launch Microsoft Store app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to launch Microsoft Store app: I cannot launch Microsoft Store app. Could you help me, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-launch-microsoft-store-app/6f7ce31f-7c20-4b92-aa1d-2a59451bdf08
  7. App not launching

App not launching: Dear Sir / Madam, I have this week bought a Surface Pro in Dubai. I launched the Calculator, Camera app and some other in-built apps but only the frame appears and then it disappears. Using ctrl+alt+del does not even show the app opened. I have done all updates...
  8. Windows apps not Launching

Windows apps not Launching: Hello, I've had this problem for a while now and I thought the new November update to 1151 would help the situation, but I'm still having an issue. When I try to use the start menu to open any windows app (store, photos, etc) the app won't open. I don't even get an...
  9. UNABLE to launch windows 10 apps + new user profile are corrupt

in Windows 10 Support
    UNABLE to launch windows 10 apps + new user profile are corrupt: Whenever i tap a metro app, it instantly crashes, and i can' t hear sounds that some of my apps uses, because the sound library uses wav format, and windows uses groove to open it, which is a win10 built in app, i did reinstall the metro apps using powershall, but it won't...
  10. Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu: I just upgraded from 10049 to 10061 using Windows Update and found that I cannot launch apps I have pinned to the Start Menu. 'This PC' was the first I tried and then several folders and applications I use often do no open when I try to open them from the Start Menu. I get a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to launch sticky notes calculator and Photo viewer

2. all windows 10 apps not launching 2019