Windows 10: Unable to link device to Microsoft Store

Discus and support Unable to link device to Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Cannot verify identity in accounts-win10. Not able to synch. or download from Microsoft Store as device not linked to account. When trying to verify... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ALANVT, Apr 13, 2019.

1. ALANVT Win User

Unable to link device to Microsoft Store

Cannot verify identity in accounts-win10. Not able to synch. or download from Microsoft Store as device not linked to account.

When trying to verify identity it states-illegal state change was requested.

So have purchased game from Store but unable to download.

:)

ALANVT, Apr 13, 2019

2. linking this device to my microsoft acount to use xbox app or other microsoft progams

Hi Seef,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We'd like to get more information regarding the issue.

1. Do you have child account?
    2. Are you using Microsoft Store link to download the app?
    3. Check if you are able to download the app in your Dad’s account?

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Try to sign out and sign in back in to computer.
    2. Try to sign in to Microsoft store app with your Microsoft account
    3. Then try downloading the app from the Microsoft Store App.

Looking forward to your response.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Get link for microsoft store app in windows 10

Hello @apoklyps3, *Smile

If you are wanting a link for a Microsoft Store app shortcut, then you could create one using the link below.

ms-windows-store:

*Arrow App Commands List for Windows 10 | Tutorials

Brink, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Unable to link device to Microsoft Store

Device not connected to microsoft store so cant download apps

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Method 1: Try Signing in to your Microsoft account on your Windows 10 device to sync your settings and Microsoft Store purchases across all your devices. You can set up a new device with your Microsoft account, or if you already
    made a user account.

Method 2: Log out and Login back to store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

You can also try some troubleshooting from the following

Link

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Unable to link device to Microsoft Store

1. Unable to link device to Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Unable link device

2. Unable to follow links from Microsoft Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to follow links from Microsoft Outlook: "Operations have been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your administrator" The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID How can I correct this situation?...
  3. unable to connect to microsoft store

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to connect to microsoft store: I get a notice that I am not connected to the internet, and to check my connection. I AM connected to the internet but I can't get past that error message....
  4. Unable to link PC to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to link PC to my Microsoft account: In Windows 10 settings, under Accounts > Your Info ... I'm trying to use the "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" option. My user account has always been local but I'm building a new PC and want to make sure my license is on my Microsoft account so I can activate...
  5. Microsoft Store: Unable to place order

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store: Unable to place order: [ATTACH]Been trying to order a gaming PC for two months now. MS Store support has sent countless escalations to teams with each one coming up with different reasons as to why i can not order it. Unbelievable that a company can not fix it! Anyone know a fix? Trying to buy...
  6. Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.: When i want to open any microsoft store apps including microsoft store ,it is not launching .Why this problem is happening and what is the effective solution ? ***Modified title from: microsoft store***...
  7. Unable to login to Microsoft App Store

Unable to login to Microsoft App Store: Hello I am trying to login to App store but it always gives me error " I need Internet connection" with an error code. I contacted Microsoft Chat support and they suggested to update my Windows 10 to latest ver which I already did. Now For some reason I am unable to...
  8. ‘No applicable devices linked to Microsoft account’

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ‘No applicable devices linked to Microsoft account’: i have been trying to download sims 4 on my windows 10 lenovo. It says ‘you own this game’ and gives me the option to ‘install on my devices’ however when i click this, it tells me i dont have any applicable devices linked to my microsoft account. I do have a microsoft...
  9. Unable to download from Microsoft store

Unable to download from Microsoft store: HiAll, I am trying to download an app from the Microsoft store in Windows 10, I keep getting the following message, "Something went wrong, please try again later, 0x80090016 If I click to send feedback it tries to get me to download an app but then says something went...
  10. unable to install from microsoft store

unable to install from microsoft store: Please help. I have tried everything, even had an expert look at my laptop. I am unable to install apps from microsoft store. It only allows me to download apps. I have tried wiping my computer, reinstall windows 1803....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. link a device to microsoft store