Windows 10: Unable to Link Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to Link Microsoft Account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I am running Windows 10 Education Version 1903 OS build 18362.836. I am trying to reformat my SSD and re-install Windows in my PC. While... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LeonardUbalde, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Unable to Link Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Hello, I am running Windows 10 Education Version 1903 OS build 18362.836.

I am trying to reformat my SSD and re-install Windows in my PC. While attempting to link my Microsoft account, I noticed that the option was unavailable. Is there a way to link my account so that I do not lose my license accidentally when reformatting and wiping out my SSD that holds my current OS?

Unable to Link Microsoft Account in Windows 10 7f2deb77-b3e0-4f0d-9a2b-0625d4bea38d?upload=true.png

:)

LeonardUbalde, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Unable to set up Microsoft Account

Hi CrossFitDerek,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to set up Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

• Are you able to log into Microsoft account online?
    • What error message you receive when you enter the new password?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Unable to Link Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Unable to Link Microsoft Account in Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Link Microsoft Account in Windows 10

1. Unable to Link Microsoft Account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable Link Microsoft

2. unwanted Microsoft account linked on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unwanted Microsoft account linked on Windows 10: I've been using this current computer for a couple of months now without using a Microsoft account, simply because I don't see a need for it. My brother today asked me to download Minecraft, he already bought the game a few years ago, so I looked up where to install the...
  3. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.: This is an issue I'm seeing is fairly common recently based on other threads.I'm trying to transfer a Windows 10 digital license between an old pc build and a new one Motherboard/CPU changeI had never linked my old PC's license to my Microsoft account so I tried to link both...
  4. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.: This is an issue I'm seeing is fairly common recently based on other threads.I'm trying to transfer a Windows 10 digital license between an old pc build and a new one Motherboard/CPU changeI had never linked my old PC's license to my Microsoft account so I tried to link both...
  5. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Unable to link Microsoft Account with Digital License

Unable to link Microsoft Account with Digital License: Hi there. I am due to replace my motherboard on my laptop and I want to prepare accordingly. Advice on from Microsoft suggests that I link my Microsoft Account to my Digital License but I am unable to do so. I currently use a local account. I have been into "Settings ->...
  7. Linking windows 10 computer to microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Linking windows 10 computer to microsoft account: Hello, I have just installed Windows 10 on my laptop. When I went to link it to my microsoft account I found that in doing so my password and username would be changed. I do not want to change either. Is there any way to link to my microsoft account and keep using the...
  8. Unable to link PC to my Microsoft account

Unable to link PC to my Microsoft account: In Windows 10 settings, under Accounts > Your Info ... I'm trying to use the "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" option. My user account has always been local but I'm building a new PC and want to make sure my license is on my Microsoft account so I can activate...
  9. Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account: Hi all, When I click on the link to associate my Microsoft Account to my Local Account (after upgrading from Windows 7), it simply does nothing. Click, click, click. Similarly, when I try to log in the Windows store app, I get an application error with cryptic codes...
  10. Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license

Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license: I have a retail version of Windows 7 Pro Some time ago i took advantage to upgrade my o/s to Windows 10 . I currently sign into PC with a microsoft account. Motherboard on PC may be giving up on me so I wish to replace it. I have done a bit of research and it...