Windows 10: unable to listen to device through playback settings

Discus and support unable to listen to device through playback settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So about a month ago i updated my sound drivers - and ever since then i have been unable to listen to my mic through the playback settings, i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Richayxiii, Dec 27, 2018.

1. unable to listen to device through playback settings

So about a month ago i updated my sound drivers - and ever since then i have been unable to listen to my mic through the playback settings, i can listen to it through the record/mic settings but then there is a lag. I can't even back up to the point prior the update. How can i fix this?
    thank you in advance

:)

Richayxiii, Dec 27, 2018

2. Default Playback devices are not retaining their settings.

We appreciate the information that you've provided. The next step that we recommend you to do is to disable all the sound drivers on your
    Device Manager since the sound driver has 2 components. We have to identify which sound driver works best on your device by following these steps:

• Type in Device Manger on the Search box.
    • Click the drop-down arrow for the Audio inputs and outputs and
      Sound, video and game controllers drivers.

• unable to listen to device through playback settings 33e66a89-f361-49a8-9a7e-cd5c26ea169f.png
    • Right click each drivers found on the suggested lists and select Disable.
    • Once you've disabled all the sound drivers, repeat steps 1 to
      3 but this time enable one driver at a time and check which driver will retain the desired
      Playback device settings.

You can leave the other sound drivers disabled, once you've identified which driver works on your device.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Unable to add Device (New Speakers)

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Is the sound device recognized by other applications?
    • Are you able to set the audio device as output for audio players?

I suggest you to run the Sound troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type “troubleshooting” in search box and type Enter.
    • Click on View All on top left corner.
    • Click on Playing sound from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, suggest you to check if the device is listed in playback devices.

• Type sound in the search box and press Enter.
    • Check if the device is listed under Playback tab.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 27, 2018
  4. unable to listen to device through playback settings

Bluetooth Earphones not available as a playback device.

Hi Shafeeq,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have attempted the above steps as you set out but the result is the same.

The system will still not recognise the earphones as a playback device.

Thank you.

JolleeRancher, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

unable to listen to device through playback settings

1. unable to listen to device through playback settings - Similar Threads - unable listen device

2. How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...: My mic is Maono DM20. It doesnt playback on my speaker but when i connect my earphones to my mic, I end up hearing myself. I've already done all the suggested solutions online but none has worked....
  3. How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...: My mic is Maono DM20. It doesnt playback on my speaker but when i connect my earphones to my mic, I end up hearing myself. I've already done all the suggested solutions online but none has worked....
  4. How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to listen to Microphone through a Playback Device on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to listen to Microphone through a Playback Device on Windows 10: Windows 10 allows PC users to listen to a portable music player or other device connected to the microphone jack through a selected playback device such as your computer speakers or headphone. In this post, we will show you how to listen to microphone through a Playback...
  6. Unable to set default playback device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to set default playback device: Hello! I have installed VB Virtual audio cable to be able to change my voice through fl studio and into Discord. After which everything was working fine, until the next boot-up of my PC. I have no sound playing and after looking into it, I realised that Windows detected VB...
  7. Listen to external device music through earbuds?

Listen to external device music through earbuds?: seems like an easy task but I'm missing something. I've read a tutorial on this site and can hear the music through my PC speakers but I can't hear through my earbuds. My setup is from the headset plug on my device (electronic piano) to the front mike input on my PC. I can...
  8. Listen to This Device is not switching when I change the Playback device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Listen to This Device is not switching when I change the Playback device: I use Line In to play audio through my PC speakers. I have the option selected to playback through Default Playback Device. Since the most recent Windows build update when I switch the sound output from Speakers to Headphones, the Line In continues to play through Speakers. I...
  9. listening to my mic through playback settings

listening to my mic through playback settings: so the main objective is to listen to my microphone without a delay, when i do it through the mic settings - there is a lag - and when i try under the playback - the option is just not there. what do i do?...
  10. Listen to Microphone through a Playback Device in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Listen to Microphone through a Playback Device in Windows: How to: Listen to Microphone through a Playback Device in Windows How to Listen to Microphone through a Playback Device in Windows If you like, you can listen to your microphone through a selected playback device such as your computer speakers or headphone. You can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. listen to device settings