Windows 10: Unable to load certain sites

Discus and support Unable to load certain sites in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Help, I am using a Surface Pro and running windows 10. Using my home private wifi network, I can't access certain websites like YouTube, messenger,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tiffbui, Mar 23, 2020.

1. tiffbui Win User

Unable to load certain sites

Help, I am using a Surface Pro and running windows 10. Using my home private wifi network, I can't access certain websites like YouTube, messenger, Netflix, and Reddit. Do these websites have something in common? I don't think my network is the problem because I can access these websites using different devices under the same wifi. However, when I go to a different location like school and connect to their public wifi, I can access these websites. Most of these websites say "This site can’t provide a secure connection" or "This site can’t be reached." After I ran a Windows Network Diagnostics, it says that Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings. So I turned off the automatic detect settings as well as proxy server, firewall, QUIC Protocol but I still can't reach these websites. For some reason, YouTube, when saved as a bookmark, can load but the thumbnails and videos will not play. I don't have this issue only using Chrome either, so clearing browsing data here did not help. Plus my date and time are all correct. Please help, thanks!

:)

tiffbui, Mar 23, 2020

2. Problems loading some web sites in Windows 10

Hi Tim,

I am sorry to know that you are unable to load certain websites.

• What is the complete error you receive?
    • Have you tried with Internet Explorer?
    If you get the same error in Internet Explorer also, then try the steps from the link below and check.

Refer to "Pages aren't displaying correctly or appear blank" in the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Problems loading some web sites in Windows 10

Internet Explorer works fine for most web pages. I am unable to view some pages in specific web sites, including my banking web pages. I am able to log onto the site but the normal next page after log in will not load with the error saying that it cannot
    find the page.

This very frustrating to say the least. Unfortunately I did not pay attention to this problem until after the 30 day time to revert back to my Windows 7 OS. I was able to revert back on my laptop in time and I have no problems with all web pages there.
    All done from same network and provider.

I wish I had not upgraded to Windows 10 if only for this reason.

Still looking for a solution. Anyone???

WT Campbell, Mar 23, 2020
  4. jscarano Win User

Chrome not pulling up certain sites

For the past several builds my chrome has issues pulling up random sites. Sometimes the sites will pull up fine and then other times my browser will say err_connection_timed_out . I usually have to hit refresh 5-6 times before the site will actually load up. I know the sites are fine because on my other Win 8.1 machine the sites never give me that issue. Im on 10074 btw. Thanks for any suggestions.

jscarano, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to load certain sites - Similar Threads - Unable load certain

2. Help: Can't load certain sites from certain browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help: Can't load certain sites from certain browsers: I wasn't sure where to ask this question. I'm on windows 10, and I'm having trouble with loading websites. I can play multiplayer games just fine, no lag or anything. I can download things from steam at around 25 mb/s. I have 3 browsers, firefox, edge, and chrome. From...
  3. Help: Can't load certain sites from certain browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help: Can't load certain sites from certain browsers: I wasn't sure where to ask this question. I'm on windows 10, and I'm having trouble with loading websites. I can play multiplayer games just fine, no lag or anything. I can download things from steam at around 25 mb/s. I have 3 browsers, firefox, edge, and chrome. From...
  4. Help: Can't load certain sites from certain browsers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. web sites are not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    web sites are not loading: Web sites are not loading on my laptop. The circle in the tab just swirls.I use Chrome but have the same problem on Edge.I cleared cache, cookies, etc. I have restarted the computer. Connection is fine.I ran MS Diagnostics. It came up with nothing. I i finished updating some...
  6. web sites are not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web sites are not loading: Web sites are not loading on my laptop. The circle in the tab just swirls.I use Chrome but have the same problem on Edge.I cleared cache, cookies, etc. I have restarted the computer. Connection is fine.I ran MS Diagnostics. It came up with nothing. I i finished updating some...
  7. Accessing certain sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing certain sites: I am having problems with certain websites. After logging in; the site will not load my account information. This has been happening for about 2 weeks now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-certain-sites/e9ba91fd-d911-41ec-b1b3-e2a50e44d145
  8. web site loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    web site loading: my children played with my desk top and for some reason facebook will not load properly. all other web pages load only facebook has this problem however, facebook works fine on my phone and Ipad?...
  9. Edge compatibility with certain sites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge compatibility with certain sites: I've found two sites (so far) that have scrolling compatibility issues with Edge. Musician's Friend: Musical Instruments Store is one and the other is the Cakewalk/Sonar forum Cakewalk Forums In either site, I can scroll (vertically) through front pages without problems....
  10. Unwanted site loading

in Browsers and Email
    Unwanted site loading: Hope this is a good place to pose this question, forgive me if it is not, this is my first time in the Forum! Every time I load a site I am looking for another site which I accessed several days ago also loads in the background. I clearly have activated some option but I can...