Windows 10: Unable to load, connect, or boot Surface Pro

Discus and support Unable to load, connect, or boot Surface Pro in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Surface Pro will not pass first windows screen. I am able to access the UEFI menu and the repair menu. I can adjust anything in UEFI menu. I attempt to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Edwuch, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Edwuch Win User

Unable to load, connect, or boot Surface Pro

Surface Pro will not pass first windows screen. I am able to access the UEFI menu and the repair menu. I can adjust anything in UEFI menu. I attempt to boot to usb, with no luck. System repair and all troubleshooting gives errors. Tried to use command prompt and discovered the following:

CMD screen

Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe

X:\windows\system32>bootrec /fixmbr

The operation completed successfully.

X:\windows\system32>bootrec /fixboot

Access is denied

X:\windows\system32>bootrec /scanos

Scanning all disks for Windows installations.

Please wait, since this may take a while...

Successfully scanned Windows installations.

Total identified Windows installations: 0

X:\windows\system32>bootrec /rebuildbcd

Scanning all disks for Windows Installations.

Please wait, since this may take a while...

Successfully scanned Windows installations.

Total identified Windows installations: 0

X:\windows\system32>disk part

DISKPART> list disk
    There are no fixed disks to show

DISKPART> select disk 0

The disk you specified is not valid

There is no disk selected

How can I rebuild this surface? Whether it be starting with a partition or to boot to a usb drive.

:)

Edwuch, Mar 3, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Unable to load, connect, or boot Surface Pro :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Source: Announcing availability of the Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Announcing availability of the Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to load, connect, or boot Surface Pro - Similar Threads - Unable load connect

2. Surface 5 pro will not boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface 5 pro will not boot: Surface pro 5 will not boot up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-5-pro-will-not-boot/7887d0f7-82ca-47d7-840b-457528a033f2
  3. Surface 5 pro will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface 5 pro will not boot: Surface pro 5 will not boot up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-5-pro-will-not-boot/7887d0f7-82ca-47d7-840b-457528a033f2
  4. Surface 5 pro will not boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 6 is not boot: Hi, My surface pro 6 is not start up anymore. Windows logo is shown and then disappears. this happens until the battery is out. So i try to boot it from usb. I downloaded the image from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-image to create the bootable device....
  6. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 6 is not boot: Hi, My surface pro 6 is not start up anymore. Windows logo is shown and then disappears. this happens until the battery is out. So i try to boot it from usb. I downloaded the image from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-image to create the bootable device....
  7. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Unable to connect to internet on new Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to internet on new Surface Pro: I just bought a new surface pro. I am setting it up and can't get it to hook up to my internet or my phone. However, my phone and my old laptop hook up with no problem. It us hard for me to believe it might be a config issue since it's a brand new machine. I'd...
  9. Samsung TV unable to connect with Surface Pro 5?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Samsung TV unable to connect with Surface Pro 5?: Hi, I've been trying to figure out why my Surface Pro 5 doesn't have ability to connect to Samsung Smart TVs. Has this been an issue with anyone else and is there away to fix it? I've done the usual: I have the latest Windows 10 Updates, ensured the Bluetooth Drivers are up...
  10. surface pro 3 will not boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3 will not boot: about 5 years ago my surface pro 3 is on a very early windows 10 10.0.10586 and an update failed. I threw it in the closet and forgot about it. last week i found it and trying to get a fresh install of windows on it. I do not need any of the data that is on it now, just would...