Windows 10: Unable to load my Windows 10 Pro 1909 dvd in the player

Discus and support Unable to load my Windows 10 Pro 1909 dvd in the player in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This was all done on Windows 10 Pro x64 ver 2004 So I had just bought a new system (a DIY computer) and put it together and the disc ran fine to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pwilson, Aug 31, 2020.

1. pwilson Win User

Unable to load my Windows 10 Pro 1909 dvd in the player

This was all done on Windows 10 Pro x64 ver 2004

So I had just bought a new system (a DIY computer) and put it together and the disc ran fine to install Windows. The odd thing was this Intel Optane RST setting in the uefi. Well I set it to enable but not to make a raid volume. But everything was listed under it...including the ACHI DVD rom. I then reformated the system (secure erased it in Parted Magic) and went to F8 and install Windows 10 Pro ( using the DVD) and I keep on getting this error that wont go away even if I take all SSD's out of the system. the only thing that was on the motherboard was the DVD rom and videocard and mouse and keyboard and monitor.
    Instead of doing the swirling circle it goes to a blue Recovery Screen and says this.

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error code: 0xc0000185

Yourll need to use a recovery tool. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC adminstrator or Pc/Device manufacturer.

Press Enter to try again
    Press F8 for Startup Settings
    Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings.

OH i just rememeber somthing. I did accidently import ALL of the Windows 10 Pro 2004 Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 May 2020 Update (2004). I wasnt going to import the DOMAIN profiles but I wasnt sure how to run that one program. I forgot the name of it. I'm getting old and my memory just isnt what it was suppose to be. Sorry. If anyone has any idea how to get that DVD rom to work again so i could install Windows I would appreciate it. I just cant figure this out.

p.s. I have a fully function windows that i'm using to typre this and the dvd rom is hooked up and I cant even get setup.exe to run from that drive. But I can put in a different type of disc and and everythings fine.

:)

pwilson, Aug 31, 2020
  2. JAWSVS Win User

Unable to read a DVD in running Windows 10 Pro Version 1909

I am unable to read a DVD on my Dell XPS M1530 after upgrading windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro Version 1909.

All properties in Device manager are optional, but I still can not read a DVD. Help!!

JAWSVS, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Unable to burn DVD's using Windows Meia Player

Hi Julie,

As you are unable to burn DVD using Windows Media Player, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Windows Media Player DVD and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Run the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Windows Media Player DVD and follow the on-screen instructions.

I suggest you to use your favorite search engine to search for any DVD burner software and burn the disc.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Emello Win User

Windows 10 did not dowlnoad widows dvd player

I upgraded to Win 10 pro from 8.1 pro shortly after the initial release, I just noticed today that I never received the DVD player update, KB3081704. My DVD player is listed, has latest firmware compatible with 8.1, but I can't play DVDs. I have windows
    DVD player listed under apps. The burner is a LG CH12LS28. Any suggestions, other than paying for it the store or a 3rd party app?

Thanks.

Emello, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to load my Windows 10 Pro 1909 dvd in the player - Similar Threads - Unable load Pro

2. My dvd is not recognize by dvd player in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My dvd is not recognize by dvd player in windows 10: After recent update i can't play dvd in dvd and it is not recognize by dvd player and I am facing this issue after 2004 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-is-not-recognize-by-dvd-player-in-windows/47a91ca3-864c-406c-bd45-05589e6d80f0
  3. Unable to load my Windows 10 Pro 1909 dvd in the player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to load my Windows 10 Pro 1909 dvd in the player: This was all done on Windows 10 Pro x64 ver 2004 So I had just bought a new system (a DIY computer) and put it together and the disc ran fine to install Windows. The odd thing was this Intel Optane RST setting in the uefi. Well I set it to enable but not to make a raid...
  4. Unable to use subtitles in Windows DVD player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use subtitles in Windows DVD player: I purchased Windows DVD player from the app store and it plays DVDs well. The only thing is that I can't get it to display the subtitles embedded in my DVDs. I click on the little subtitles icon at the bottom left of the main DVD player screen when a DVD is playing and...
  5. Unable to read a DVD in running Windows 10 Pro Version 1909

Unable to read a DVD in running Windows 10 Pro Version 1909: I am unable to read a DVD on my Dell XPS M1530 after upgrading windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro Version 1909. All properties in Device manager are optional, but I still can not read a DVD. Help!!...
  6. DVD player stuck on loading on certain DVD

DVD player stuck on loading on certain DVD: Other half recently bought me a new DVD to watch, put it into my external DVD player which has and does work fine with other DVDS, but the DVD player app is stuck on a blue loading screen that I can do nothing with. Tried fiddling in setting to find any tick boxes that it...
  7. Unable to install Windows DVD Player

Unable to install Windows DVD Player: dvd player will not install I purchased the app and no joy ***Modified title from: dvd player*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-windows-dvd-player/13d50948-8e7f-4a1e-95e7-9e2373ee55f0
  8. Unable to play DVD’s in Windows DVD Player

Unable to play DVD’s in Windows DVD Player: Закупих и инсталирах посоченото по-горе приложение,но въпреки това не мога да възпроизвеждам DVD.Не знам защо сте изтеглили сумата 31 лв два пъти.Моля да ми възстановите сума от 62 лв. С...
  9. windows 10 dvd player never stops loading

windows 10 dvd player never stops loading: windows 10 never stops loading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-dvd-player-never-stops-loading/e143826d-99ab-45c1-ae28-4d14bb18f8b0
  10. Windows DVD Player 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows DVD Player 10: did not work!! I have requested a refund twice wit no response at all. At least answer the request even if the answer is no https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dvd-player-10/f06f704d-5b7c-4c02-b434-5ccfcd4ce298"