Windows 10: Unable to load Sounds, View advanced display settings or GraphicsDrivr

Discus and support Unable to load Sounds, View advanced display settings or GraphicsDrivr in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I'm having quite a strange problem. Yesterday my PC started acting quite strange by not letting me access certain functions of Windows 10 like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnSmithh, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Unable to load Sounds, View advanced display settings or GraphicsDrivr

Hello I'm having quite a strange problem.

Yesterday my PC started acting quite strange by not letting me access certain functions of Windows 10 like opening "Sounds" or viewing my advanced display options. On top of that, I couldn't access NVIDIA Geforce Experience or update the program itself. When I try to access "Sounds" or the advanced display I am returned with a blue message saying "This App can't run on your PC"

I've tried everything I've been able to figure out to solve these strange issues. I've done Sfc /scannow both normally and in safe mode that fails every time around 40% with the line "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."

I've also tried the DISM route with /Online /cleanup-image /restorehealth which again like SFC, stops abruptly through the process and returns me with "The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Table." Included in the attachments is the DISM log that was made from the error.

On top of that I also reset my hard drive twice. Trying SFC and DISM again with no avail. My resets included keeping my files and when that didn't work I did a full reset. I am always met with the same results and no improvements.

I'm not sure if my Windows is corrupted or something wrong with my hard drive. I'm totally lost here and would appreciate any help with this strange problem.

Thank you.

:)

JohnSmithh, Oct 14, 2018

2. Cannot see all Advanced Sound Settings - Windows 10

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to suggest you to follow the steps below to add sound schemes to the list:

• Open Advanced Sound Settings.
    • Select any event option under “Program Events” and click on “Browse”.
    • Select the sound scheme from the saved path and click on “Open”.
    • Click on “Save As” and provide a name for the scheme and click on “OK”.
    • Click on “Apply” and then “OK” to save the changes.
    After adding the sound schemes to the list, select the required sound scheme and click on “OK”.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 14, 2018
  3. advanced display settings

Hello Ian,

Can you tell me more about your concern?

To view advanced display settings check this link.

Keep us posted.

Karina Aris, Oct 14, 2018
  4. cadaveca Win User

Unable to load Sounds, View advanced display settings or GraphicsDrivr

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Unable to load Sounds, View advanced display settings or GraphicsDrivr :p

cadaveca, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Unable to load Sounds, View advanced display settings or GraphicsDrivr

1. Unable to load Sounds, View advanced display settings or GraphicsDrivr - Similar Threads - Unable load Sounds

2. Network Adapters Not Displayed in Advanced Network Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Adapters Not Displayed in Advanced Network Settings: I am running Windows 11 23H2 on a Lenovo Think Pad X390.I can see all my Newtork Adapters in CONTROL PANEL >> Network and Sharing Center >> Change Adapter SettingsBut they do not appear in SETTINGS >> Network and internet >> Advanced network settings >> Network adaptersBoth...
  3. system advanced settings unable to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system advanced settings unable to open: hi recently to correct my command prompt path i entered in to environmental variables accidentally deleted some variables... and now am unable to open system advanced settings also...
  4. Advanced Sound Settings not working correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced Sound Settings not working correctly: I set my sound main output to my desktop speakers as a default, then in advanced sound options I set my game, chrome etc.. to my headset. When I shut the game down and restart it goes to my desktop speakers totally ignoring my the setting to my headset. To fix this issue I...
  5. Advanced system sound settings

Advanced system sound settings: Are there any ways to configure the Open/Close Program Sound further, into foreground/background programs only/both? I would like the sound to be played whenever I run/close a Program, but not every time a Background Process starts/ends. It causes nuisance more annoying than...
  6. Windows 10 advanced sound settings.

Windows 10 advanced sound settings.: Under Advanced sound options, separate volume controls are listed for some apps. For example, I see Firefox and Thunderbird. But why not iTunes, or Chrome, or Edge, or Spotify and similar apps? I discovered this when I was diagnosing why Firefox audio would come out of my USB...
  7. locked out of advanced sound settings ??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    locked out of advanced sound settings ??: So i got all new drivers for my audio and video and despite this I'm still locked out, HP support said its a windows issues as there drivers for Realtek fully support this function to 24 bit sample rate, i have turned off spatial sounds thinking this may be the issue, but...
  8. Cannot open Advanced Display Setting or Intel Graphics Control. Most logos are not loading.

Cannot open Advanced Display Setting or Intel Graphics Control. Most logos are not loading.: Hello, This is my first post here. I have recently updated my windows 10 and since then, I am facing some issues. Some of my logos are missing, File Explorer, Task Manager, Sticky Notes, etc logos are missing. The major issue I am currently facing is I am unable to open most...
  9. Cant find view advanced settings under advanced

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant find view advanced settings under advanced: Hello I cant find view advanced settings under advanced and when I enable adobe flash player it still says its off even though I have it on I don't know why its happening 140050
  10. Missing Advance Display Settings

Missing Advance Display Settings: Has anyone developed a work around for this problem? The current display font is almost unreadable. Is there any way to change text size only? 88192