Windows 10: Unable to load Windows after removing Linux partition

Discus and support Unable to load Windows after removing Linux partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After deleting linux partition, windows is not loading up . It directly goes to grub rescue mode . I have tried all the tutorials in youtube and none... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EbinSanthosh, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Unable to load Windows after removing Linux partition

After deleting linux partition, windows is not loading up . It directly goes to grub rescue mode . I have tried all the tutorials in youtube and none help. Plz help....

***Title modified from grub rescue mode***

:)

EbinSanthosh, Dec 30, 2018
  2. John1001 Win User

Remove a linux partition

I have a dual boot system which has Windows 7 and Linux. I would like to remove the linux partition and install Windows 10 on the PC and would like to know how to accomplish this upgrade.

John1001, Dec 30, 2018
  3. xfire Win User
    remove linux and reinstall vista ultimate

Ubuntu=Live CD->7 installation steps where partitioning is done automaticall.
    Windows= Many steps+ selecting the drive to instal to.

and the part where you said you should never make linux your sole OS angered me.
    Also, you can install windows over linux and then put grub back to make it dual boot. Just use gparted to resize the drive. Then install windows on the new partition. Use super grub disk to restore grub.

xfire, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Unable to load Windows after removing Linux partition

Remove a linux partition

When you start to Install Windows OS, there will be an Option for you to delete the partition where your Linux is, and that will be the easiest way for you to remove it. Please be aware, and backup your personal files first.

It is a litle confusing that you mentioned -you want to accomplish an upgrade?

Gina_on_the_thread, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Unable to load Windows after removing Linux partition

1. Unable to load Windows after removing Linux partition - Similar Threads - Unable load removing

2. Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition: Can you help me with my Windows 10 boot. I had a dual boot system with windows 10 and Ubuntu partitions. My computer was running extremely slow in windows so I deleted the Ubuntu partition. Unfortunately I can now no longer boot into anything as my computer diverts to Grub....
  3. Deleting Linux partition with GPT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting Linux partition with GPT: How are the steps different for deleting a Linux partition if my windows is GPT? Can I simply delete the Linux partition and activate secure boot without problems? Could I then turn on fast startup? submitted by /u/RealisticInterest6 [link] [comments]...
  4. Delete Linux Partition (and GRUB)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete Linux Partition (and GRUB): I have a single disk laptop which I installed KDE Neon on. Now I want to remove it. Will I be able to simply download AOMEI tool and delete the Linux partition and use the built in fixmbr option? Every tutorial on yt has comments saying command lines are unreliable and I’m...
  5. Unable to Remove Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Remove Windows Subsystem for Linux: Windows Version: 1809 (OS Build 17763.1098) I am trying to setup Ubuntu 18.04 LTS in WSL. I have enabled WSL Code: PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux FeatureName : Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux...
  6. Unable to Remove Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Remove Windows Subsystem for Linux: Windows Version: 1809 (OS Build 17763.1098) I am trying to setup Ubuntu 18.04 LTS in WSL. I have enabled WSL Code: PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux FeatureName : Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux...
  7. linux partition erased by windows update

linux partition erased by windows update: Well, it happened again. The unallocated 252.00 Gib section is where my old ubuntu installation's /home folder resided. Luckily this time I already had copied all my important files to another distro in another harddrive. Or else I'd have to spend 3 days recovering...
  8. Linux booting problem after creating another partition

Linux booting problem after creating another partition: I installed Windows 10 and after that I am unable to log-in to PeachOSI Linux. I had two partitions on a 350 GB HDD - 75 GB on which there is PeachOSI Linux and plenty of apps and rest space as Data partition. However I created another 75 GB partition to install Windows 10...
  9. Unable to load windows after update

Unable to load windows after update: Hello. I have a HP desktop (HPE-170a) and i have been using windows 10 on it since Windows was in its Beta testing phase, and have upgraded the RAM, the HDD is now a 500gb SSD also. I own a digital license attached to my email for windows 10 pro. Everything has been going...
  10. Windows won’t load after removing Linux partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won’t load after removing Linux partition: I deleted Linux partition and Windows stopped loading. Instead of loading it goes to grub rescue mode. Please help. I really cannot realize how Linux connected to Windows loading(...