Windows 10: Unable to load windows after update

Discus and support Unable to load windows after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I have a HP desktop (HPE-170a) and i have been using windows 10 on it since Windows was in its Beta testing phase, and have upgraded the RAM,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GarethK, Mar 10, 2019.

1. GarethK Win User

Unable to load windows after update

Hello. I have a HP desktop (HPE-170a) and i have been using windows 10 on it since Windows was in its Beta testing phase, and have upgraded the RAM, the HDD is now a 500gb SSD also. I own a digital license attached to my email for windows 10 pro. Everything has been going without drama until i updated from build 1703 to 1709. My PC would not complete the restart and became frozen on the spinning progress meter screen, promptly followed by a BSOD with a machine check exception error. I have looked into it and apparently after build 1703 something has changed in the update and i cannot use windows 10 with my computer anymore because there is supposedly problems with the chipset and the baseboard. Why is it that i own a digital license for an operating system i cannot even use anymore? And what kind of scam is it that all of a sudden my computer cant use windows 10 anymore?? I am absolutely furious, Microsoft has completely dropped the ball on this one. Is this a scam to put something in the update forcing me to buy a new PC after ive just spent money upgrading the one i have?? Because if it is and i do have to get another computer i can tell you for 100% sure IT WILL BE AN APPLE!!!

:)

GarethK, Mar 10, 2019
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Mar 11, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Mar 11, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unable to load windows after update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to load windows after update - Similar Threads - Unable load update

2. PC not loading after windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not loading after windows update.: Hello I just purchased an Acer - Nitro 5 17.3" Full HD IPS 144Hz Gaming Laptop- Intel Core i5-12500H- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050-512GB PCIe Gen 4 SSD from Best Buy. I set it up yesterday, everything ran fine. Was able to install and play all my regular games. Before I shut off...
  3. Unable to load updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to load updates.: My computer, which has been running Windows 11 since last year, has sudddenly stopped processing updates. The last one which completed correctly was KB5013628 on 12th May but ever since then every update has failed. Why is this? I have made no changes to the mahcine...
  4. Unable to load updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to load updates.: My computer, which has been running Windows 11 since last year, has sudddenly stopped processing updates. The last one which completed correctly was KB5013628 on 12th May but ever since then every update has failed. Why is this? I have made no changes to the mahcine...
  5. Windows not loading after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not loading after Update: Last night I have installed the cumulative update for windows 10, 2004 after which my computer is stuck at startup screen. Pls help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-not-loading-after-update/f5565543-0dfc-43e5-984f-86a93e15c3b9
  6. problems loading windows after update

problems loading windows after update: Hello, today I did an update of Windows 10. After that, I can't load windows anymore. I arrive to a blue screen with written "Choose your keyboard layout"". I can just select few options and once I select US I arrive to a new page with written "Choose an option". Ünder...
  7. Unable to load windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to load windows: I am unable to load windows, when I try all I get s a blank screen. Has anyone else experienced this? If so how did you fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-load-windows/36f086b9-0696-4804-8b01-7123da7ccd74
  8. Unable to load Windows after removing Linux partition

Unable to load Windows after removing Linux partition: After deleting linux partition, windows is not loading up . It directly goes to grub rescue mode . I have tried all the tutorials in youtube and none help. Plz help.... ***Title modified from grub rescue mode***...
  9. Pages not loading after windows update

Pages not loading after windows update: So I just reinstalled my windows, and I couldn't get to install the Nvidia Geforce 1070 driver, because it needed another windows update. I updated the windows in order to install the GPU driver, but after that, all side browser aren't working properly (chrome, opera,...
  10. Windows 10 will not load after update

Windows 10 will not load after update: windows 10 will not load after update. unmountable boot volume / preparing repair loop why this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-will-not-load-after-update/4721d83b-1dcf-4522-9ac0-50561abed2ca

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Dll iastorafsserviceapi.dll

2. iastorafsserviceapi.dll error fix

3. iastorafsserviceapi.dll error

4. win 10 unable to find desktop after update