Windows 10: Unable to locate and retrieve folders and files of photographs stored on PC hard drive

Discus and support Unable to locate and retrieve folders and files of photographs stored on PC hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been unable to locate and retrieve folders and files of photographs stored on this hard drive since I downloaded them years before 09/01/2018.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Patrick Frugé, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Unable to locate and retrieve folders and files of photographs stored on PC hard drive

I have been unable to locate and retrieve folders and files of photographs stored on this hard drive since I downloaded them years before 09/01/2018. Every folder had a category name, is; Family, Funny memes, Birthday memes, My Headshot Photos, Cars, etc. and so did the sub-folders for photo files of a certain person, place or thing.

Is it true that even if folders, files and photos were erased that they still exist on the hard drive and never truly erased?

So is there still a way to recover the data from the hard drive?

:)

Patrick Frugé, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Platibus Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to locate and retrieve folders and files of photographs stored on PC hard drive

Unable to find photographs in OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see the Photographs that are uploaded in OneDrive. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to find the files:

1. Login to
      https://onedirve.live.com
      with your Microsoft account.
    2. Check for the folders or files that are uploaded.

If you are unable to find the photographs, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Unable to locate and retrieve folders and files of photographs stored on PC hard drive

1. Unable to locate and retrieve folders and files of photographs stored on PC hard drive - Similar Threads - Unable locate retrieve

2. Unable to find photographs in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to find photographs in OneDrive: Dear Sir/Madam, I have email id with you *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The same was configured on my Microsoft Lumia Mobile & all my photographs were uploaded on it but right now I am unable to see the photographs. Please help me to recover the same plzzzz...
  3. Retrieval of deleted folder.

Retrieval of deleted folder.: Wish to know how to retrieve a deleted folder if it be possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieval-of-deleted-folder/e6a09ec4-4070-4f3d-92ac-0387c4269f15"
  4. Unable to change location of user folders

Unable to change location of user folders: To save my space on C drive (containing the OS), I always change the location of the default user folders (Desktop, Documents, Videos, Music, Downloads, Pictures) to a different drive from the Properties->Location tab->Move. I did a mistake in moving the 3D Objects folder, I...
  5. Sync files and folders automatically from pc to external hard drive

Sync files and folders automatically from pc to external hard drive: How can I automatically sync my files and folders between my windows 10 laptop and external drive. Apart from OneDrive, I need to always keep my files and folders in sync between my laptops and external hard drive. I came across SyncToy online but I think it's restricted to...
  6. Ho to retrieve data from a formatted hard drive

Ho to retrieve data from a formatted hard drive: Hi, Is it possible to retrieve data from a formatted hard drive? I made a mistake while I was working on several external hard drives at a time and ended up formatting the wrong disc, ie. my private files and folder's disc. and I need this data back. I know that there are...
  7. retrieving windows.old folder!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    retrieving windows.old folder!: Hello there, I created some shortcut keys for pictures, family videos and documents from my 'windows.old' folder. I had upgraded to windows 7 to windows 10 about a year ago, few months earlier I had some problem with laptop, so I reinstall windows 10 again. However, it was...
  8. photographs

in Windows 10 Customization
    photographs: How to get photo from camera to computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/photographs/6864ad60-24d9-4bfc-a3ae-69872d488f41
  9. Photographs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photographs: How do I get photo's from camera to My pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/photographs/98234ec7-45be-450c-9fa2-537eeac65880
  10. Locating Windows 10 update files on hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locating Windows 10 update files on hard drive: I have reinstalled Windows 10 so do not have any old Windows 8 residue. I need these files to create a new profile with NTLite for a reduced footprint on any reinstallation. Any ideas, a google search does not really help ? 37740