Windows 10: Unable to locate and retrieve folders and files of photographs stored on PC hard drive

Discus and support Unable to locate and retrieve folders and files of photographs stored on PC hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been unable to locate and retrieve folders and files of photographs stored on this hard drive since I downloaded them years before 09/01/2018.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Patrick Frugé, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Unable to locate and retrieve folders and files of photographs stored on PC hard drive

I have been unable to locate and retrieve folders and files of photographs stored on this hard drive since I downloaded them years before 09/01/2018. Every folder had a category name, is; Family, Funny memes, Birthday memes, My Headshot Photos, Cars, etc. and so did the sub-folders for photo files of a certain person, place or thing.

Is it true that even if folders, files and photos were erased that they still exist on the hard drive and never truly erased?

So is there still a way to recover the data from the hard drive?

:)

Patrick Frugé, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Platibus Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to locate and retrieve folders and files of photographs stored on PC hard drive

Unable to find photographs in OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see the Photographs that are uploaded in OneDrive. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to find the files:

1. Login to
      https://onedirve.live.com
      with your Microsoft account.
    2. Check for the folders or files that are uploaded.

If you are unable to find the photographs, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Unable to locate and retrieve folders and files of photographs stored on PC hard drive

1. Unable to locate and retrieve folders and files of photographs stored on PC hard drive - Similar Threads - Unable locate retrieve

2. External hard drive location is "Links" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive location is "Links" folder: Hello,I was following advice from a different forum regarding the "permantly delete" dialog, which involved moving the User/Links folder to the trash. I have no idea how, but now my new external hard drive has the same location as the Links folder and is located in my User...
  3. External hard drive location is "Links" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive location is "Links" folder: Hello,I was following advice from a different forum regarding the "permantly delete" dialog, which involved moving the User/Links folder to the trash. I have no idea how, but now my new external hard drive has the same location as the Links folder and is located in my User...
  4. External hard drive location is "Links" folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot retrieve default file location of folder

Cannot retrieve default file location of folder: Suddenly, my OneDrive started syncing with everything in m desktop including the folders. I tried restoring the default folder and it says "Can't move folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access denied." So I transferred all the...
  6. Cannot retrieve default file location of folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot retrieve default file location of folder: Suddenly, my OneDrive started syncing with everything in m desktop including the folders. I tried restoring the default folder and it says "Can't move folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access denied." So I transferred all the...
  7. Cannot retrieve default file location of folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Possibility of Retrieving files inadvertently stored on my hard drive.

Possibility of Retrieving files inadvertently stored on my hard drive.: A long time ago, I was online with a technician overseas and he asked me where I wanted to send some information. I mistakenly said Drive D, my hard drive on my computer, which storage is now almost used up. Is there any way to reverse this damage by retrieving that...
  9. unable to locate files on pc

unable to locate files on pc: Suddenly today I am unable to open any saved files on my PC. I get a notification saying windows is unable to locate them with their full file name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-locate-files-on-pc/e05c2520-d09c-42ca-ad16-349bc7d7dc3e
  10. retrieving deleted photographs

retrieving deleted photographs: I accidentally deleted some photographs that I had on my hard drive under Pictures. how can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-deleted-photographs/31e2a41a-614c-4870-a781-9d29ec04c299"