Windows 10: Unable to locate file/ do not have permission

Discus and support Unable to locate file/ do not have permission in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello, im having problems launching games on the insiders program build, says i don't have permissions or cant find the file when the directory is in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by angelthetic, May 11, 2019.

1. Unable to locate file/ do not have permission

hello, im having problems launching games on the insiders program build, says i don't have permissions or cant find the file when the directory is in the right place and i have all permissions.

ive reverted back to last windows 10 update also factory reset my pc and wont take off the insiders program build and still wont let me launch any battle eye games.

:)

angelthetic, May 11, 2019

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, May 11, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    DISM unable to locate Install.wim file

Nothing wrong with using install.esd

@EasyGoingPat
    FYI, install.esd or install.wim both result the extraction of the component store files to temp folder (%USERPROFILE%\Appdata\local\temp) then use them to repair.

1. Copy install.esd to your Desktop
    2. From Admin command, run: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    3. then run: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:ESD:%USERPROFILE%\install.esd:1 /LimitAccess
    For Step 2 & 3. Just copy and paste the command to make sure the syntax is correct. See screen shot:
    NOTE: Step 2 in the screen shot will be different from yours since I have no corruption.

Unable to locate file/ do not have permission [​IMG]

topgundcp, May 11, 2019
  4. Unable to locate file/ do not have permission

Reset Windows 10 file permissions to default

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you receiving any error message while accessing any files?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Startup troubleshooter.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:
    $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

6. Close the Powershell window

7. Reboot

Method 2: If you are facing issues accessing files, then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This may be caused by incorrect permissions on the files.

You can fix this using these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to locate file/ do not have permission

1. Unable to locate file/ do not have permission - Similar Threads - Unable locate file

2. "You do not have permission to save to this location"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You do not have permission to save to this location": Hello I am on windows 10 and whenever I try to save something to my computer it tells me "You do not have permission to save to this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Pictures folder instead? [Yes] [No]" I am the sole...
  3. "You do not have permission to save to this location"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You do not have permission to save to this location": Hello I am on windows 10 and whenever I try to save something to my computer it tells me "You do not have permission to save to this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Pictures folder instead? [Yes] [No]" I am the sole...
  4. "You do not have permission to save to this location"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "You do not have permission to modify files in this network location." multiple users,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You do not have permission to modify files in this network location." multiple users,...: Hello,I have rather troubling issue, banging my head for over few weeks now. I will try to be as much detailed in my explanation of the issue. There are number of users in different environments some are using Azure AD joined devices profiles, some domain joined profiles,...
  6. "You do not have permission to modify files in this network location." multiple users,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You do not have permission to modify files in this network location." multiple users,...: Hello,I have rather troubling issue, banging my head for over few weeks now. I will try to be as much detailed in my explanation of the issue. There are number of users in different environments some are using Azure AD joined devices profiles, some domain joined profiles,...
  7. "You do not have permission to modify files in this network location." multiple users,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I Do Not Have Permission to Create Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Do Not Have Permission to Create Files: I downloaded a file locker but then I suddenly couldnt create any files. I deleted the program and tried some solutions I found on the internet but they didnt work. I changed a few things on advanced security settings. I changed owner to Everyone and created a permission...
  9. You don’t have permission to modify files in this network location

in Windows 10 News
    You don’t have permission to modify files in this network location: [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 users may encounter the message You don’t have permission to modify […] This article You don’t have permission to modify files in this network location first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. You do not have permission to save in this location

in Windows 10 Support
    You do not have permission to save in this location: Hi guys, i recently upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. i am trying to save a power point slide to a new folder i created in my documents folder. I get the message saying that i do have permission to save in this location,contact the administrator for permission?? can...